Clicky

Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Welcome back to the narrow lanes of this uber-rich principality, which continues to have the legacy of racing an F1 train that can be watched from some of the most expensive yacht, swimming pools, casino or galleries' on the planet. This place is an example of how sometimes the stage can be bigger than the play itself, sure enough, there is a LOT of history involved. This history comes with the USP of this track - Minimal, or next to 0 margin for errors. Love it, or hate it, this track is unique indeed.

Round 5. Welcome to Monaco.

Championship seems interesting at the front for a good amount of laps each race so far. After which Verstappen and Redbull seem to settle for the 2nd best and shrug their shoulders in anticipation of the next race, but this time around, it could be different. Redbull package seems better than what it was in the the previous years. Verstappen has a point to prove around here, whether Redbull be able to give him the wings he needs, is a thing to be seen.

Experienced drivers would definitely hold a huge advantage, looking forward to see what the likes for Raikonen, Alonso, Vettel or Perez would be able to deliver.

Betting $0.05 on Mazepin not finishing the race + would bet a huge amount on Mazepin bringing out the first safety car 😑.

Leclerc has not finished a race at his home circuit in over 4 years, is this the year where he gets to shine, really excited to see how Ferrari's fortune will play out.

I Personally have high hopes for Ricciardo he has faired well on this track in previous years, Its refreshing to see McLaren bringing in a new livery.

Here is his pole lap from 2016 :thumb:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If FP1 is anything to go by... This could be an interesting weekend..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Date 2021.05.23   Time 4:16 (UTC)

I haven't seen yet final grid, but looks like Ferrari will change Leclerc's gearbox negating risk. Sebastian at P8 is probably best for him this year. Who would know three years ago I would term P8 as a beautiful place to be, considering recent struggles.

Young Mick Schumacher had really bad luck, but that's what Monaco can do to a driver, if your car is unstable.

Names like Alonso, Ricciardo...they are looking for answers. McLaren has done reasonably well, Renault cars have not. Ocon ahead again of Alonso by a margin. 

But then, race is only about 8 hrs ahead, and Monaco is unique, and only one. Cards will shuffle again for some teams once they return to more classical race tracks. Ferrari is definitely better than last year, and Sainz fits in nicely. 

Yuki needs to come to terms with Helmut, follow his counsel and proving a race in, race out that he is ready for big show and replacing Perez in the future. The thing is, RBR needs to be convinced, you deserve that promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Date 2021.05.23   Time 14:45 (UTC)

Results are in, and I am lost of words. Balm for Sebastian over pain he suffered in last a few years. I am delighted. Congratulation to Max Verstappen. Hamilton suddenly looks very plain, when his car is not 3 miles better over everyone else. I am sure he will blame everyone else for his own deeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DOTD

Sebastian Vettel - 23.6%

Sergio Perez - 17.3%

Lando Norris - 14%

Carlos Sainz - 12.1%

Max Verstappen - 9%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Results are in,

Did Red Bull win  the Monaco GP or did Mercedes lose the Monaco GP ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mercedes was hardly in contention. Hamilton merely put his character again on display, complaining, and blaming everybody...As soon he is not having a superior car, he is not playing. His 6 WDC are smelly joke and slap into face of all previous, honest winners. (I will give him that lucky win while with McLaren.)

Max won, as opposed to inherit win. Leclerc was no show, and so was Bottas out of contention because of that pit stop problem. I also believe that Verstappen would have won today even if both, MB and both Ferraris stood on the grid next to him. His car was good,. track suits them, and he was hungry.

I am not fan of Max, but today was his day. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What p**sed me off even more was Lulu asking where Bottas was... even though Bottas has been out of the race for ages lol. Why do you care? Ohhhh I get it... you want to know where he is so that you can get an automatic "Alonso is faster than you message" and gain +1 place right ??? I mean that's why you were really asking isn't it.

Bottas is dead meat anyway and will be replaced by Russell. I just hope he goes full scorced earth and drives his best and doesn't care about the team politics and consequences anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sakae said:

I think Mercedes was hardly in contention. Hamilton merely put his character again on display, complaining, and blaming everybody...As soon he is not having a superior car, he is not playing. His 6 WDC are smelly joke and slap into face of all previous, honest winners. (I will give him that lucky win while with McLaren.)

100 %.. sir whine-a-lot did cry like a kid who had his icecream taken away when he was told about Gasly, Perez and vettel.. he's has had it too easy all these years.. 2021 won't be any different, but at least Monaco gave us a glimpse of how things would be with ham in an average car..

It's a race result that is most welcomed.. it's unfortunate the whole championship isnt this mixed up. A lot of driver's got lucky with good positions while others were unfortunate compared to their recent form, but this is what Monaco brings with it sometimes.

Charles really has some bad omen working against him in his home race, that's not giving away the fact that he has made his own share of mistakes that have cost him dearly. Carlos is proving quite solid in that matter, he seems to have the composure that a driver needs to handle his job at Ferrari..

Super results for Carlos, Lando, Gasly and Vettel.. things worked out better than expected with the woes that Mercedes faced, but these guys pushed hard to hold those positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

What p**sed me off even more was Lulu asking where Bottas was... even though Bottas has been out of the race for ages lol. Why do you care? Ohhhh I get it... you want to know where he is so that you can get an automatic "Alonso is faster than you message" and gain +1 place right ??? I mean that's why you were really asking isn't it.

Bottas is dead meat anyway and will be replaced by Russell. I just hope he goes full scorced earth and drives his best and doesn't care about the team politics and consequences anymore.

I see rumours swirling around in F1 circles pointing to just that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Bottas is dead meat anyway and will be replaced

Intrestin thought there Brad.
Of course contracts R only a technicality in F1
Russell HAS gone off the boil at Williams AGAIN.  It happens SOO often in F1.
Drivers in the right place at the right time.
Consistency IS what is needed.  Back in the day somebody like Barrichello and even Trulli.
Russell NOW has a BIG drop, comin his way.  Russell HAS been elevated WITHOUT actually achievin ANYTHIN.
Other than diminish Hamilton`s value as GOAT - 
Look how easily Russell proved himself IN the CAR - for 1 race. 
How long has Hamilton HAD that seat, DIRECT correlation WITH the WDC`s Hamilton HAS gained.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:


Is the Hamilton <> Verstappen battle the modern day
Hakkinen <> Schumey Challenge ? 

I rate LH at Häkkinen level, and Verstappen potentially at Schumacher's level. (And I mean it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Sakae U R agreein with with my statement.
Verstappen WILL probably get the elbows out and do "dirty" ricks IN his quest for a WDC - ala Schumey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To avoid any misunderstanding, let me clarify; I think Verstappen will win his WDC in clean fight in a competitive field, just as Michel did.He will not need his employer to hide him for 7 years behind bunch of protectionist measures from any competition, including internal , and behave pretentiously how great he is. That's about all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Verstappen will win his WDC in clean fight in a competitive field, just as Michel did

Which WDC were that then, the 1`s at Benetton ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure what you are on about, but Michael won all his titles in competetive field. Any team could work on their car, change things around and challenge him. In my memory there never were such atrocious conditions we have experienced in F1 since 2014. Like Alonso, like Kimi, like Mika, Hill, Prost, Senna, like Jaques and Michael...none of them had such cushy layer of protection LH had/maybe even today has. Teams are not really permitted to do the work which is necessary to level playing field.

Anyway, I have no intention to rehash history, which is known to us all. Difference is, some of us realising impact of regulations on competitive field then and now, others don't want to think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sakae said:

some of us realising impact of regulations on competitive field

It`s like that fat kid on the park.
If U DON`T let me play, I`m takin my ball home.

ALL the teams started with a blank piece of paper 4 the hybrid era plus their v8 data.
Y do people want 2 punish Mercedes 4 their hard work in, addaptin 2 the rule change.
In the V8 era.  When Red Bull NEEDED marketin 2 launch a fizzy drink, they hired the BEST - A.Newey.
Powered by Renault THEN.  Similar 2 Honda - NOT winnin so I`m NOT playin anymore
The regs then WERE about aero.  The Hybrid era IS about PU.
At this time it is NOT worth organizations such as Cosworth enterin F1.
Mecachrome may B a good engineerin company.  But F1 is NO LONGER about JUST bein the best.
The hybrid era IS about havin the MOST money (to put a car on the track) AND bein the best on the DAY.

Honda HAVE given up on F1 AGAIN.
Will let their contract expire, leavin AGAIN.
Ron brought Honda BACK 4 Mclaren - RedBull saw opportunity & wanted some of that - forcin Honda 2 leave F1 AGAIN.

It WOULD B worth Cosworth talkin nicely 2 a team.
Cosworth DO have somethin just nobody IS usin their power.
The marketin  available 4 ANY team that, beats Mercedes 2 the title IS worth the entry fee.

RedBull sold a few can`s of fizzy drink doin it the OLD Williams way.
OLD William`s designer > A.Newey
OLD William`s engine > Renault
Then Seb dominated F1 with RBR (Red Bull Renault)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

How long... exactly, was Seb' stop this time???

https://twitter.com/AstonMartinF1/status/1397205820530733063

 

How many people you need there? Was it 18 or 20 with one policeman (in red) watching? With budgetary restrictions I guess this will change.

2 jacks

2 side pods

8 right wheels

6 or 8 left wheels 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2021 at 6:57 PM, lipstick79 said:

It`s like that fat kid on the park.
If U DON`T let me play, I`m takin my ball home.

ALL the teams started with a blank piece of paper 4 the hybrid era plus their v8 data.
Y do people want 2 punish Mercedes 4 their hard work in, addaptin 2 the rule change.
In the V8 era.  When Red Bull NEEDED marketin 2 launch a fizzy drink, they hired the BEST - A.Newey.
Powered by Renault THEN.  Similar 2 Honda - NOT winnin so I`m NOT playin anymore
The regs then WERE about aero.  The Hybrid era IS about PU.
At this time it is NOT worth organizations such as Cosworth enterin F1.
Mecachrome may B a good engineerin company.  But F1 is NO LONGER about JUST bein the best.
The hybrid era IS about havin the MOST money (to put a car on the track) AND bein the best on the DAY.

Honda HAVE given up on F1 AGAIN.
Will let their contract expire, leavin AGAIN.
Ron brought Honda BACK 4 Mclaren - RedBull saw opportunity & wanted some of that - forcin Honda 2 leave F1 AGAIN.

It WOULD B worth Cosworth talkin nicely 2 a team.
Cosworth DO have somethin just nobody IS usin their power.
The marketin  available 4 ANY team that, beats Mercedes 2 the title IS worth the entry fee.

RedBull sold a few can`s of fizzy drink doin it the OLD Williams way.
OLD William`s designer > A.Newey
OLD William`s engine > Renault
Then Seb dominated F1 with RBR (Red Bull Renault)

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sakae said:

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Then go BACK 2 school and LEARN how 2 read. 
Read somethin OTHER than  the instructions on a microwavable meal.

Edited by lipstick79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...