Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Monaco GP 2021

16 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Outperforming the car, he certainly did. Hope AM can find more speed on the straights, that's it's achilles heel at the moment...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/775079/Vettel_outperformed_the_AMR21_in_Monaco/

You won't hear it from English media, it has to be Austrian, who compliments Vettel. I for one am just happy. I wasn't there, so I cannot tell, but Karl is an ex-F1 driver, so he is sort off qualified to detect fine nuances of such races.

On more sober note, on speed tracks like Spa or Suzuka, I fear back down to Mother Earth, yet I take it, on the nose if I got this one wrong.

I'm in two minds about how well Vettel did in Monaco.

1) I am very happy for him.
2) I think maybe on a circuit you can actually pass, maybe Hamilton and Gasly pass Vettel.

I think it's clear Vettel is more comfortable in the car. Monaco is not a circuit you can do well at if you are not. I hope he does well in Baku and Austria. This could be the year his fortunes are on the up.

7 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

2) I think maybe on a circuit you can actually pass, maybe Hamilton and Gasly pass Vettel.

I think it's clear Vettel is more comfortable in the car. Monaco is not a circuit you can do well at if you are not. I hope he does well in Baku and Austria. This could be the year his fortunes are on the up.

+1

If Vettel shows consistency in his form as a driver, regardless how miserable that car is, he might cement his future ride, should he choose so. Time for deciding about driver's line up for next year is ON as primary off track conversational subject for next 4 months.

5 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

+1

Yes, let's wait and see in Baku.