Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2021

Round | 7

Welcome to Baku. The name of the circuit ironically has equal syllables compared to the 2 different characteristics that is offers within the same race. What a conundrum for the teams to setup the car, what an opportunity for a great race.

Baku is quite unique in its way for being a street circuit in this regard. It can be Difficult to imagine a street circuit having the cars reach these speeds.

Checo seems to fancy this track a lot given the results for previous years, and I guess he has fared well in practice session, looking forward the his results this sunday.

Mercedes hold the advantage of the output their PU can offer, and Redbull seem to have found a good trick with its aero which has become the talk of the town. Hard to point how the outcome at this moment. Qualifying position too would not guarantee the final outcome of the race, This is no Monaco or Hungary.

Here is a lap to relish..

Perez is really good.

Sebastian continues fighting a car.

Hamilton is sad because he cannot win in a lesser car and is demoted to the level of his subjects. How unfair life is, and it's all Toto's fauilt (probably). Or Bottas. 

Leclerc doesn't do errors (you know, like Vettel), he just likes to hit barriers. It seems to be hobby of his. Media haven't noticed as yet. It's all down to finding limits, bright boy declared after getting out of the car with another 100 000€ damage at the front.

So, what else is new? 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Perez is really good.

Sebastian continues fighting a car.

Hamilton is sad because he cannot win in a lesser car and is demoted to the level of his subjects. How unfair life is, and it's all Toto's fauilt (probably). Or Bottas. 

Leclerc doesn't do errors (you know, like Vettel), he just likes to hit barriers. It seems to be hobby of his. Media haven't noticed as yet. It's all down to finding limits, bright boy declared after getting out of the car with another 100 000€ damage at the front.

So, what else is new? 

PERFECTLY summed up. 

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

So, what else is new? 

The track 😛

8 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

PERFECTLY summed up. 

Almost.

This is a good performance result for Ferrari.. they deserve to be fighting at the front...

It's amazing how they have swung from generating too much heat into their tyres (solutions at Secret Test), to having this "fundamentally flawed car", which now does'nt generate enough heat into the tyres

"There is something fundamentally wrong and we need to figure out what," said Bottas. "It was very tricky for us and [we are] clearly lacking pace. It feels like it's just overall grip. The balance is not that far off. "Okay, the car is maybe a bit unpredictable but it just feels like it is lacking grip and is sliding around so I think it's going to be a long night."...

At the recent Monaco GP, Mercedes struggled with tyre warm-up, with the problem appearing to have returned in Baku.

Bottas has played #2 and it was on his back LH got pull to the front on Saturday (just like Leclerc pull fast one on Vettel at Imola). Funny thing is, this new GOAT at MB seems very ordinary driver when his car is not so much better than everybody else. 

18 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Bottas has played #2 and it was on his back LH got pull to the front on Saturday (just like Leclerc pull fast one on Vettel at Imola). Funny thing is, this new GOAT at MB seems very ordinary driver when his car is not so much better than everybody else. 

Yep. Now he has 2 rivals to beat. like Merc has had that same priviledge for YEARS!!!!

Verstappen. U need to grow up boy. I was rooting for you. Altho ths is a tyre failure, take it easy dude. You HAD the race!!!! Don't be bothered with fastest laps!!!!

This tyre change is BAD for Vettel and podium... His strategy revolved around making the first set last... Oh well, 3 laps, he has rocket cars behind him

I am on my knees, begging Seb for forgiveness, thinking he would be in P8 in this race. I need to calm down before I can say anything even remotely sensible. From P11 to P2? We don't see that too often.

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I am on my knees, begging Seb for forgiveness, thinking he would be in P8 in this race. I need to calm down before I can say anything even remotely sensible. From P11 to P2? We don't see that too often.

I thought he would be a sitting duck on that long straight!!! Altho some luck went his way, AM is improving... bit by bit

The English lady commentator on the official F1 site has hardly mentioned Vettel, but that's OK. He didn't look like "spent force" today. Unfortunatley car seems to like city courses, and not much more, but I will be glad to be proven wrong.

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

The English lady commentator on the official F1 site has hardly mentioned Vettel, but that's OK. He didn't look like "spent force" today. Unfortunatley car seems to like city courses, and not much more, but I will be glad to be proven wrong.

Same here!!!

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Same here!!!

English press was trying to portray LH as "cool, calm, and collected" when compared to Verstappen, but I think it's all nonsense. In the past, and I think also today, when thing don't go to the plan, go goes through personal meltdown. I am telling this to MB for couple of years, get rid of him ASAP. I am not sure why only UK guys need that car. Choose someone else on the grid and win with Hulk or someone like that. We need German guys in the grid. Mick is in no man land, and Seb's future is uncertain.

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

English press was trying to portray LH as "cool, calm, and collected" when compared to Verstappen, but I think it's all nonsense. In the past, and I think also today, when thing don't go to the plan, go goes through personal meltdown. I am telling this to MB for couple of years, get rid of him ASAP. I am not sure why only UK guys need that car. Choose someone else on the grid and win with Hulk or someone like that. We need German guys in the grid. Mick is in no man land, and Seb's future is uncertain.

My Prediction: Seb to stay another 3-4 yrs at AM

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

My Prediction: Seb to stay another 3-4 yrs at AM

Could be, but I am not sure it's only up to him.

DOTD

Sebastian Vettel - 41.9%

Sergio Perez - 18.1%

Max Verstappen - 9.1%

Lewis Hamilton - 4.9%

Pierre Gasly - 3.5%__