Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

French Grand Prix (Circuit Paul Ricard)

11 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Power Rankings just got updated.. and it seems to agree with the rankings in my head 😀😀🤟🤟

Screenshot_20210624-050928_Instagram.jpg.fd0ec4e2e0f38c0f47807af3e2e54327.jpg

Source: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.f1-power-rankings-whos-top-of-the-table-after-the-nail-biting-french-grand.3FTbLs5wSE3169bQOpetYV.html

It's of course..temporary.. new drivers (teammates) getting use to the teams etc. So you can classify these ratings for the first 7 races... 

It's amazing these ratings... I mean, look at Charles' last race, instead of improving, driving even worse than last season. Lando and Pieere should be lauded, great for them.

It's like watching F1 ok, then switching on this very same British site for commentary. You'll be amazed how rarely they comment on Seb during the race.

8 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

It's amazing these ratings... I mean, look at Charles' last race, instead of improving, driving even worse than last season. Lando and Pieere should be lauded, great for them.

The driver's championship is heavily manipulated by the constructors championship. And its difficult to judge a driver's true performance purely through the current points system, and that's what the power ranking was brought in to shed light on..

I personally think this ranking is a better gage of where the driver's stand based on there individual performance while giving a fair consideration to the equipment they sit in...

Charles got to pole in both the last 2 races.. and fell behind for one or the other reason. Ferrari is a lot to blame. He's facing an unfair brunt of a small number of F1 fan population, mainly the ones that supports vettel.. I've said this before, we as fans should not play out driver egos in our head and offer an objective view.

For god's sake, I think vettel has a better bonding with him than what the fans are playing it out in there head as..

He would be a completely different animal in a Redbull.

4 hours ago, blackpebel said:

The driver's championship is heavily manipulated by the constructors championship. And its difficult to judge a driver's true performance purely through the current points system, and that's what the power ranking was brought in to shed light on..

I personally think this ranking is a better gage of where the driver's stand based on there individual performance while giving a fair consideration to the equipment they sit in...

Charles got to pole in both the last 2 races.. and fell behind for one or the other reason. Ferrari is a lot to blame. He's facing an unfair brunt of a small number of F1 fan population, mainly the ones that supports vettel.. I've said this before, we as fans should not play out driver egos in our head and offer an objective view.

For god's sake, I think vettel has a better bonding with him than what the fans are playing it out in there head as..

He would be a completely different animal in a Redbull.

No, he's just... exposed as a leader now. and if you ask me, is faiiing in providing adequate feedback. That's why Ferrari is not improving, and old characteristics rears it's head. It's an old problem with the car being unbalanced from end 2019 onwards, when they shifted to suit his driving style. They can't balance the car out nicely, as the car is loose at the rear whilsh they can't generate front downforce. It's a directly based on his driving style

The sooner Binotto goes, the better