Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Formula 1 BWT Grosser Preis Der Steiermark 2021

On 2021.06.25 14:14 (UTC)

P2 ends. F1 official web site is praising Stroll, nothing about Vettel, so I will do so here. P6 is well what was expected with that wounded car. But, race is on Sunday.

Ferrari is not looking very smart despite getting rid of Vettel.

Hamilton is not 0.5 sec ahead of everyone else. I wonder why. Maybe competition factor has something to do with it.

17 minutes ago, Sakae said:

On 2021.06.25 14:14 (UTC)

P2 ends. F1 official web site is praising Stroll, nothing about Vettel, so I will do so here. P6 is well what was expected with that wounded car. But, race is on Sunday.

Hamilton is not 0.5 sec ahead of everyone else. I wonder why. Maybe competition factor has something to do with it.

Lol

54 minutes ago, Sakae said:

This is a power hungry circuit. I'm not surprised. Merc and Honda powered cars should ultimately trump Ferrari and Renault powered cars. Having said that, Alpine is building up this reputation of showing their cards in FP1 and FP2 as compared to the others who are holding it for Qualifying or the race.

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That's why I asked you about updates Sakae. They seem to be "finding some speed"

Maybe to early to tell

On 2021.06.25 15:21 (UTC)

I see it differently. I am not sure about updates. I rather think Vettel is where he should be with that car (about P6 - 8). He improved his adaptive driving technique. Car is probably the same.

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

On 2021.06.25 15:21 (UTC)

I see it differently. I am not sure about updates. I rather think Vettel is where he should be with that car (about P6 - 8). He improved his adaptive driving technique. Car is probably the same...

... with some tweaks

1 minute ago, blackpebel said:

Alpine is building up this reputation of showing their cards in FP1 and FP2 as compared to the others who are holding it

Like the reason a fizzy drink team IS in F1 - Marketin 2 sell a product.
Though Alpine do NOT have the resources of a fizzy drink team
Simple strategy by Alpine who realistically R NEVER gonna challenge 4 race wins.
Go 4 FP1 and FP2 to bring awareness 2 the Alpine name.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Hamilton is not 0.5 sec ahead of everyone else.  I wonder why.  Maybe competition factor has something to do with it.

Coz the competition around him has close to equal equipment as him, as to why he is not able to look 0.5 seconds special... good, he has had it too easy this far.

11 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Go 4 FP1 and FP2 to bring awareness 2 the Alpine name.

Hmm.. cant rule that out..

Its going to be a good fight in Q3 of quali between Ver and Ham...

image.thumb.png.7168f6d0cf40c1654849c42d55b14295.png

On 2021.06.25 18:21 (UTC)

What team said after FP2:

Aston Martin Cognizant F1 Team

Sebastian Vettel (6th, 1:05.934): "I think we have made a decent start to the weekend. Our pace over one lap is looking encouraging and I think we can squeeze out more from the longer runs. We have a good idea of where we can make those improvements, which is the important thing. Racing in the mountains means it can be really tricky to predict the weather, so it is going to be about making sure we are on the right tyres at the right time and reacting well to the conditions. We have not had much wet running this year, so it would be good to experience the car in the rain."

Sounds promising words to me. Understanding car potential and where and how to deal with aberrant conditions is the only way to move forward. Work Seb is performing is something I have respect for. Hopefully there will be some payback to them soon. Race by race a notch forward and up.  

2 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Its going to be a good fight in Q3 of quali between Ver and Ham...

image.thumb.png.7168f6d0cf40c1654849c42d55b14295.png

Ferrari is taking quick steps down. Oh well, they did say it's a tire-test for them

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

On 2021.06.25 18:21 (UTC)

What team said after FP2:

Sounds promising words to me. Understanding car potential and where and how to deal with aberrant conditions is the only way to move forward. Work Seb is performing is something I have respect for. Hopefully there will be some payback to them soon. Race by race a notch forward and up.  

Seems to be manifesting that way

Has Honda overtaken Mercedes as the leading manufacturer. I think so. MB cars are still the fastest throught sweeping corners, which says alot about stability and aero their side. Which is suprising considering the great Adrian Newey

Here is a wild prediction y'all would like.. I personally think vettel has a shot at a podium in this one ..

23 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Here is a wild prediction y'all would like.. I personally think vettel has a shot at a podium in this one ..

Hope you right

On MadMax... I shudder to think what he will achieve if he sorts out his niggles (small mistakes). He will get there. He needs to bring his A-game to the party every race weekend. 

P14? That result surprises me. Vettel almost didn't make it into Q2. I am not sure what kind of devil hand plays role in this, but that's not normal. This is not just due to poor driving.

Verstappen's Pole Lap

Wow!! I saw this in slow motion...

Verstappen truly is an all-rounder with his performance every where in the car.. watch closely if you will,,, how perfectly he maneuvers the last 2 or 3 corners (slow-mo).

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

Verstappen's Pole Lap

Wow!! I saw this in slow motion...

Verstappen truly is an all-rounder with his performance every where in the car.. watch closely if you will,,, how perfectly he maneuvers the last 2 or 3 corners (slow-mo).

Very comfy with his car... He took some risks.. It paid off

The car is a Bullet