Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Sebastian Vettel

On 7/25/2021 at 4:20 PM, Sakae said:
  1. My favourite driver.
  2. My favourite person in F1.

🤘

I personally admire Sebastian for all that he is. He has stood up to grab the opportunity when it arrived, and no one can take that away from him, EVER!

I personally gave him an imaginary fist bump for what he did after Silverstone.. and I tip my hat to him! Huge respect!

Vettel lending a helping hand after Silverstone GP.

Good to have this page back. Honestly, Sebastian deserves his own topic under this forum for all that he is. Its a shame the last Sebastian Vettel page here was deleted, Hard for me to imagine that a true Vettel fan would ever do that..

I would want nothing more than for him to be fighting against the best at front, he deserves it. F1 Deserves it!

Sebastian Vettel.. The man, the Legend!

image.png.bdbf5d604abcfae4e8ace0f9790a4cd8.png

On 7/26/2021 at 11:59 PM, blackpebel said:

🤘

I personally admire Sebastian for all that he is. He has stood up to grab the opportunity when it arrived, and no one can take that away from him, EVER!

I personally gave him an imaginary fist bump for what he did after Silverstone.. and I tip my hat to him! Huge respect!

Vettel lending a helping hand after Silverstone GP.

Good to have this page back. Honestly, Sebastian deserves his own topic under this forum for all that he is. Its a shame the last Sebastian Vettel page here was deleted, Hard for me to imagine that a true Vettel fan would ever do that..

I would want nothing more than for him to be fighting against the best at front, he deserves it. F1 Deserves it!

image.png.bdbf5d604abcfae4e8ace0f9790a4cd8.png

Thx bp

So much to be thankful for

On 7/29/2021 at 8:42 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

Dude, technicality there.
2 B a legend, HAVE 2 B dead.

a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but not authenticated.
"the legend of King Arthur"

Seb HAS won those titles, he IS authenticated.
Therefore Seb is NOT a legend

Like an Energizer bunny, this goes on and on ...

On 7/25/2021 at 11:54 AM, Sakae said:

Vettel will be replaced with another hopeful

Seb is NOT a hopeful, he HAS delivered the business ON track.
Can even buy the Vettel T-Shirts ON ebay.
Whilst in the FASTEST car.
Seb did FASTEST lap after lap - puttin his name in the history books FOREVER.
Leavin HIS name IN the sport.
Horner acted dumb - but was that an act?
Seb knew RB pace would NOT last so he set as many records as possible
FF > The Ferrari years Seb no longer challengin
>> FF >> Aston Martin years > Seb NOT challengin again BUT still paid a HIGH salary
FROM those GLORY RedBull years

On 7/26/2021 at 10:59 PM, blackpebel said:

no one can take that away from him, EVER!

But what HE did is, just the SAME as a LOT of others - if it were easy, EVERYBODY would B doin it.
Finger boy (Vettel) HAS simply done the SAME as a LOT of others - Vettel HAS just joined the club.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/789242/8216Alonso_has_some_of_the_greatest_ontrack_skills_seen8217/

Respect..

I've always known that fans tend to make up their own percetions about driver's based on the miniscule amount of info released by media. The truth is a lot different. Driver's have a lot of respect for each other.

#f1bromance

Screenshot_20210819-193136_Instagram.jpg.6dfef685c8c6899478cbb37e6a794166.jpg

D/T 2021.09.03 17:09 CEST

Sebastian Vettel is not yet committed to returning to the Formula 1 grid in 2022.

And yet there have been rumours that - owner Lawrence Stroll's son Lance aside - the Silverstone based team has been reluctant to say anything more than that the 2022 lineup will be confirmed "soon".

Seb runs friction with F1 development, attitudes on social issues, stewards...and now this. It caught me by surprise, because I thought next year was done deal. Stroll sr. said some things which gave me pause (Vettel is most expensive, my son Lance is just as good as Vettel...). Is there friction in-house as well? 

To be frank, I would not be surprised by Stroll kicking Vettel out. 40 MM "investment" or not. He actually said if Hamilton would want the job, he (Stroll) would have to consider it.

I don't feel comfortable with Stroll's rhetorics at all. It doesn't sound friendly at all.

Hamilton, DR, who else is coming to replace Seb..?

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Hamilton, DR, who else is coming to replace Seb..?

Whoever WILL generate the MOST publicity 4 the AM brand WILL replace Seb

12 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Whoever WILL generate the MOST publicity 4 the AM brand WILL replace Seb

Such hiring criterion is totally foreign to me. Having said that, it is true that hiring manager will consider representation aspect, namely, how driver can represent team when speaking to media, outside paddock, etc. But, that is, I assume, just a one item on a long list constituting likelihood of good fit by a driver into the organisation.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Such hiring criterion is totally foreign to me

Hello, Y do U think Seb WERE hired by AM in the FIRST instance? 
>Multi WDC holder does ... 
INSTANT awareness created 2 the AM brand

34 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Hello, Y do U think Seb WERE hired by AM in the FIRST instance? 
>Multi WDC holder does ... 
INSTANT awareness created 2 the AM brand

Well, then you know more than I do. I do however recall Otmar Szafnauer responding once in an interview on a question why Vettel was hired, that expectations from management was interjection of winning attitude. From back/midfield team to front field thinking. Seb was there already, we haven't, concluded TP. Vettel was expected to lead the team to the next level of performance, mental focus, and winning attitude. 

Maybe he was hired for reason you are stating, but then Otmar forgot to mention it. (Or is it something they are hiding from Vettel? Secret, sort off?) James Bond driving AM was suppose to lift brand up. It was a lot of hoopla from media about it, how iconing brand is (whatever that means), but sales figures... I am still waiting. 

Someone said it takes years of careful build up of a brand, and then you lose it in 5 min.  Giving a car to Top Gear for a drive after Clarkson got spoiled by top European brands, that wasn't smartest thing to do. His comment probably was those 5 miserable minutes. (To be fair, he actually shot down Bentley as well, but not that much.)

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

From back/midfield team to front field thinking

A team that NOBODY were interested IN.
>HIRE a MULTI WDC driver ...
   Suddenly EVERYBODY IS talkin about AM - without AM actually doin ANYTHIN 
Other THAN signin the pay cheques.
F1 IS run on OPM - Other People`s Money

D/T 2021.09.05 06:31 CEST

Rumours spread through the paddock on Saturday that team owner Lawrence Stroll had met with Fernando Alonso and his manager, Flavio Briatore, to discuss the Spaniard leaving Alpine for Aston Martin.

The team has denied those claims, insisting Stroll’s meeting with Briatore had been a social one and nothing more.

*Courtesy by "Auto Motor und Sport". Generally respected and mostly credible source. 

Yes, nothing more. Well, maybe so. If I have to choose however whom I should believe, AM vs AMuS, it is later hands down.

I should have added, it is claimed further, that Alonso declined the offer for unstated reasons.

AM of course denied the claim, stating it was just a social visit with a friend, Flavio. (Why was Alonso at the table remains "mystery".)

Stories like these are growing like mushrooms. Why then? Who is holding contract talks with Vettel, and why? Is it possible that it is actually Sebastian who is having second thoughts about this English team?

D/T 2021.09.05 13:06 CEST

Otmar reiterates:

Otmar Szafnauer has stated that the deadline for renewing Sebastian Vettel’s contract is now “not far off”.

OK, if both parties intend to move forward together, what's the hold up then? Contract, says Otmar, establishes latest date, which I interpret as contract can be signed any time before that date. How about this afternoon?

Somebody is holding the matter back, and I am dying to know why.

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

Is it possible that it is actually Sebastian who is having second thoughts about this English team?

Quite the opposite, IF the Reports are true. Which I'm assuming they are Not...

2 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Quite the opposite, IF the Reports are true. Which I'm assuming they are Not...

Could you be more specific and elaborate which reports are you referring to. During summer break I've heard Seb talking broadly and with expectations about plans he has after F1. That interview gave me certain impression, but I could be wrong, of course.

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

Could you be more specific and elaborate which reports are you referring to. During summer break I've heard Seb talking broadly and with expectations about plans he has after F1. That interview gave me certain impression, but I could be wrong, of course.

The one which says that AM were out talking to Flavio about a possible switch for Alonso to AM..

6 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

The one which says that AM were out talking to Flavio about a possible switch for Alonso to AM..

Article was full of ambiguity, and all what I can say on my own behalf, I think world is full of liars these days (perhaps more than ever).

1. AM perhaps was trying to get rid of Vettel and hire Alonso, or
  2. Report is not accurate, and it was really just an innocent meal together, or
  3. Seb left AM hanging without commitment, and AM is trying to develop a plan B, just in case Seb says bye bye.

I am not sure what to believe.

8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I am not sure what to believe.

I realize that media people would stoop too any level to make a 'sensational' news out of nothing, as they have done always.. but I guess that's what THEY do to keep food on their table, unfortunate, but that's the world as we know it.

Its a cut throat competition and everyone is trying to nudge everyone else in their respective fields to come out as being better,,, regardless of whether it is done fairly or not.

Its up to us, the fans to see past the deceptions that Media throws at us, and read and educate ourselves well. And not just fall for the headlines.