Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Sebastian Vettel

D/T 2021.09.10  12:37 CEST

Vettel admits 2022 contract not confirmed

Fri, 10 September 2021, 10:00

At this point I am not convinced anymore hold up is Vettel's potential replacement, whoever that might be. (It was reported - more like rumour - that Alonso allegedly refused AM's offer.)

There is nobody left available in whom AM might be interested to replace Vettel. I've changed my mind, and I think haggling is either about money, or new contract length. This or that, or probably both. If Seb says I am not accepting your offer and I am rather retiring, will Hulk suddenly get a job back? I don't see too many other options for AM.  

There is one crazy idea - in speculative terms - Stroll was interested in Hamilton. Is it possible that Vettel was offered merely 1 year more (2022), and Hamilton will move over to play Bond in 2023? One cannot say that cannot happen. I don't see Hamilton driving for MB much longer. 

D/T 2021.09.11  07:08 CEST

“We’re talking to each other,” Vettel said. “I really enjoy working with the team. 

Vettel is one of very few people in the F1 about whom I believe are either speaking the truth, or do not saying anything. His assurance should be then good enough for me to trust, that he has found internal peace with himself after that horrid last year. Now, where is that piece of paper which needs to be signed...

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2021.09.11  07:08 CEST

Vettel is one of very few people in the F1 about whom I believe are either speaking the truth, or do not saying anything. His assurance should be then good enough for me to trust, that he has found internal peace with himself after that horrid last year. Now, where is that piece of paper which needs to be signed...

I have'nt seen him so happy in a loooonnnggg time. If he drives few more years, hope AM can give him a "capable" car

Just now, BradSpeedMan said:

I have'nt seen him so happy in a loooonnnggg time. If he drives few more years, hope AM can give him a "capable" car

Copy that.

The thing is, today you have 3 cars on a lead lap, and others being fractions apart in performance. One slip, and drop in race ranking could be really significant.

D/T 2021.09.12  12:59 CEST

Aston Martin and Vettel are still reluctant to talk about their contractual status for next year.

“Pretty sure,” Aston Martin team boss Otmar Szafnauer answered when asked how sure he is about Vettel staying in 2022.

“We want Seb to stay. And he also likes the team.”

However, it is rumoured that 34-year-old Vettel’s passion for Formula 1 itself is waning, prompting the renewed speculation in the Italian media.

“The situation is said to be constantly evolving,” Sky Italia reported from Monza.

“The decision is in the driver’s hands only. It is he who must give an answer.”

AM last year compared to AM this year might have something to do with delayed committment to next phase.

D/T 2021.09.13  12:36 CEST

“I see Vettel staying with Aston Martin,” Danner told Sport1. “He won’t lose the opportunity to wait and see whether what he bought into will lead to success.”

Szafnauer said he expects official announcements to be ready before Sochi in two weeks.

Szafnauer also said neither them or Vettel have Plan B. Well, maybe it was not talked about or explored enough, but Vettel has a Plan B, it is called retirement. From my understanding squabble between both parties is about duration of the new contract as a singular issue.

Good one:

As F1 awaits news of Sebastian Vettel’s 2022 plans, Gerhard Berger hopes F1, not beekeeping, is at the “centre of his passion”.

No one is certain Sebastian will stay. One English paper stated (interestingly worded) that issue is Vettel accepting drive for 2022.

On impulse first tought was - that's all what was offered? After that I quickly realised source of this, so it is not clear what is AM asking Sebastian to accept. One thing is certain - Seb was asked to keep conditions locked and secret. Unless someone from AM internally will speak, we are left guessing.

D/T 2021.09.15  08:16 CEST

“We are delighted with Sebastian,” the Canadian told the BBC.

“It is our firm intention to continue with him next year and beyond.”

This is first time I am hearing/reading confirmation from the owner of AM that a proposed deal with Sebastian could be more than one year. Well, my life with the F1 depends on it, while I am sticking with my man for duration.

D/T 2021.09.15  12:20 CEST

Robert Kubica - might be in the running for Vettel's seat.

Kubica, meanwhile, was quoted as saying: "I can't say anything yet.

He can't say anything yet? It is noted he didn't say this is all nonsense, as AM claims.

I am lost over whole affair. Someone is not telling the truth. There is unexplained delay, and so on.

The only plausible explanation I have on face of it, that Sebastian remain uncommitted, and Kubica is only one who is available for next year to replace him.

My second guess is that sticking point is probably length of new contract. I think Seb wants 3 years, and offer is probably for 1 year. 

D/T 2021.09.16  11:09 CEST

Sebastian Vettel is confirmed by AM for 2022. There is no explanation available as yet which would touch on contract terms, money, what was hold up about, 2023...etc.

So, I will endure another year in this so called sport.

My own happiness is really not that important. Question is, whether Seb is because he got what he wanted, or they park him because that's best option for them. That delayed annoucement most likely holds more secrets than was announced. Point is, I have my reservation about that organisation, and trust they treat Vettel fairly is not on the top of my list. I think Seb was forced to take what they offered. I am not sure whether he is happy.

Stroll Jr. basically killed Vettel's last race, as being first in the chain who did some damage on his car-postion (I think Seb lost 4 places), then Ocon and Schumacher took swipe at him, yet I can't find a moment when TP would say something critical about Junior. Imagine Bottas would do something like that to Hamilton. War planes would be heading towards Finland by now. 

Good for Seb. Hope to see closer racing from them next season. AM (Previously Force-India) have a good bunch of innovative engineers on there side who can make a difference. Vettel him self puts in a lot of efforts with the group around him.

They would help Build junior a good car, LOL.

Hope Seb gets his mojo Back for next season and is energized for the challenge ahead.

Some how, I have a feeling that Williams would make a good leap forward next season.

Can someone explain to me why AM needs for days justify to media why Vettel will be driving for them next year?

27 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Can someone explain to me why AM needs for days justify to media why Vettel will be driving for them next year?

Raise awareness

Just like a fizzy drink, keeps a brand name in the media.

Unfortunately Seb is NOT doin THAT on track.

D/T 2021.09.18  08:51 CEST

“The switched-on intelligence of Vettel and the domineering boss persona of Stroll are not the most natural fit

Interesting read about Vettel's prospect at AM. Stroll Jr. is not playing clean, whether deliberately, or as result of combination of aggressiveness with clumsiness, and it will take a lot on part of Seb to work this out. I've enjoyed reading it. 

D/T 2021.09.23  15:54 CEST

Asked if signing for another year was ever really in doubt, Vettel said: "Not really in the end. The excitement for next year, the new car, the new regs, where the team is going, it looks very promising. 

“We don’t know until next year but it is great to be part of it. I don’t know if there’s a timing line in general when people expect an answer or not.

"There were lots of things in my mind, but what matters, in the end, is going forward it’s clear what is going to happen.”

Sebastian is staying positive, therefore it's perhaps time for me to do the same. He believes in podium and P1, and that should be good enough for me.

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Sebastian is staying positive, therefore ...

Seb STILL HAS 2 prove himself > NOBODY buy`s that he IS 1 of the BEST, (even) AFTER all of HIS titles
in the fastest car (at THAT time) - the RedBull.  If he CAN do a Shuey - and ACHIEVE a WDC in MORE than 1 team.
That WILL elevate Seb.  NOT many WDC`s R WON in MORE than 1 team - it CAN happen, but NOT often.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:03 PM, lipstick79 said:

Seb STILL HAS 2 prove himself > NOBODY buy`s that he IS 1 of the BEST, (even) AFTER all of HIS titles
in the fastest car (at THAT time) - the RedBull.  If he CAN do a Shuey - and ACHIEVE a WDC in MORE than 1 team.
That WILL elevate Seb.  NOT many WDC`s R WON in MORE than 1 team - it CAN happen, but NOT often.

That is absolute bs

and Michael had his whole team behind him, and I don't mean only his racing team

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Michael had his whole team behind him, and I don't mean only his racing team

At which racing team, Benetton or Ferrari ?
U mean liked Hamilton has the Mercedes team built around HIM
When at Mclaren Hamilton WERE Ron`s baby.  Ron would do ANYTHIN 4 him.
In turn the Mclaren team WERE built around him, then.

SZAFNAUER: VETTEL’S BEEN BRILLIANT

Well, now you need to give him a better car, and he could be even more brilliant.

here