Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

SPA

D/T 2021.08.28 12:40 CEST

With a heavy heart I have to ask, whether Yuki is on the bubble? I am hearing some noise to that effect, but I also do continue to think he has great potential, if properly guided. A mentor like Dr. Marko was to Sebastian would be good influence. On the other hand, Yuki might not accept any advice, and lead life his way.  Loosing him would be pity. I wish Japanese representation lasting as long as series exists, and Yuki is the man for that job at the moment.

Seb in FP3 is saving his tires, so much is obvious. He looks in peace with himself.

16:02 "I think they should red flag - there's too much water" says Vettel.

16:03 Red flag. That's a big accident for Norris.

16:04 Norris is okay, thankfully. Vettel pulls over to check on him.

16:11 "What the **** did I say? It's unnecessary - is he okay?" said Vettel after Norris' crash, having called for a red flag earlier.

Rain certainly help to shuffle the grid. Let's pray there will be no attempts to win that race on the first lap.

Just now, Sakae said:

Rain certainly help to shuffle the grid. Let's pray there will be no attempts to win that race on the first lap.

..with that notorious first corner

"None of which should distract us from the lesson that must be learned from this afternoon. The briefest of glimpses at social media suggests the usual suspects are up in arms, but the fact is that motor racing is, was and always shall be dangerous. However, as the saying goes, those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. When Vettel, the director of the Grand Prix Drivers' Association calls for a session to be red-flagged his advice should be heeded. The man has four titles to his name, and 268 starts. Despite what some may say, this remains a sport as opposed to entertainment. However, other than the obvious risks our heroes take into stepping into these machines in the first place, we do not wish them to face any more danger than is necessary. Allowing the session to continue in such conditions, against the advice of those taking part, and with recent events at the very same corner still fresh in our memories, was totally wrong."

https://www.pitpass.com/70548/Russell-shines-as-Norris-escapes-huge-crash

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

What a lap from Russel, almost pole

Nearly`s (almost) DON`T count.
He HAD 2 start livin up 2 his reputation.

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

"None of which should distract us from the lesson that must be learned from this afternoon. The briefest of glimpses at social media suggests the usual suspects are up in arms, but the fact is that motor racing is, was and always shall be dangerous. However, as the saying goes, those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. When Vettel, the director of the Grand Prix Drivers' Association calls for a session to be red-flagged his advice should be heeded. The man has four titles to his name, and 268 starts. Despite what some may say, this remains a sport as opposed to entertainment. However, other than the obvious risks our heroes take into stepping into these machines in the first place, we do not wish them to face any more danger than is necessary. Allowing the session to continue in such conditions, against the advice of those taking part, and with recent events at the very same corner still fresh in our memories, was totally wrong."

https://www.pitpass.com/70548/Russell-shines-as-Norris-escapes-huge-crash

He will be probably starting from the pit lane. In this wheather and some race crashes, he still might end up in top 7.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

In 2 the first corner on lap 1 WILL B madness.

It looks like nasty weather has negated my gloomy forecast for AM drivers placing outside of top ten positions in what I had assumed will be a dry track. Apparently now when wet race is being in forecast, so it is hard to make any predictions with rivers flooding track. Sebastian is in the mix, no doubt about it. Perhaps not for the win, but he is where he belongs - at the front. Podium for him? I dare to hope. His teammate will probably improve significantly.

Jost Capito's presence at Williams is being felt, despite him, like Andreas Seidl in McLaren, both aren't getting any (or enough) credit for their expert management skills. After all Tobias Moers, third German in a key position is not doing bad either in supporting the AM race team from behind. 

Yardstick?

1. Performance comparison with previous administration(s).

2. Performance comparison with rivals.

Despite much is left to be done, slope is however not static and on upward direction. That's the way I like it. 

If you use someone or something as a yardstick, you use them as a standard for comparison when you are judging other people or things.

F1 racing series is defined by competition between teams and individuals. Don't make it more complicated than that. Being better (efficient, skilful, faster, etc.) is the primary objective of the competition in this club. Haas boys, as a way of example, do not competing against Grosjean in Indy, but they do against rest of the grid in F1 race, and that's how they are judged. That's the set of points under consideration. Score board and race statistics keep track of individual performaces within framework of the sport. I am not discussing Hamilton's performance at the Church altar, or in his house-basement in Colorado. I am looking at his performance against rest of the racing field, when his car is more or less of similar capabilities some of his closest rivals have. These are parameters for comparative evaluation. 

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

These are parameters for comparative evaluation.

Hamilton IS superior 2 Bottas.
Though could NOT match Rosberg. 

I reject using terms like "superior". WTH that means? In what way? Sounds really racist. Perhaps LH has protection from within. Maybe he has protection from commercial owners. Maybe...whatever. That's not what I am however talking about. I am merely observing some teams with German management input. Where they were with other people in the past, and their performance today. It is improving IMO. 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

I reject using terms like "superior". WTH that means?

However good /  "superior" Hamilton is I bet he can`t eat 3 

Perez had a different idea. To give his guys something to do, he crashed his car. I bet Marko is checking with his lawyer - has he signed that contract yet? If you can, hold it off for a moment...

14 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Perez had a different idea. To give his guys something to do, he crashed his car. I bet Marko is checking with his lawyer - has he signed that contract yet? If you can, hold it off for a moment...

Lol... I read Marko was furious!