Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

SPA

Verstappen declared winner. Well, I am sure he had something else on his mind, but he will take it as vindication for that certain race. I have no problem with that. It will teach drivers next time to be more careful how they qualify. Saturday turned to be a race for win.  

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

drivers next time to be more careful how they qualify. Saturday turned to be a race for win. 

It were a 1 off - somethin NEVER seen B4 in F1, and probably will NEVER B seen again.
Especially as we head 2 towards the fly-away`s where the weather is MORE consistent, and predictable.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Verstappen declared winner

With HALF points awarded.

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Nobody is happy with ending of this weekend

I respectfully DISAGREE, Redbull Honda & Verstappen R VERY happy, awarded the race WIN, without doin ANYTHIN on raceday.

Ehh not really. Honda might, but Verstappen was grumpy and apologetic during interview. He didn't look happy at all, and I do understand that. Who needs for rest of his life some people remaining him of this gift, especially should he win a season by a half point.

Wawaveewaaa

What a weekend.. I have mixed feelings about how the weekend went.. waited 3 hours in front of the TV having promised someone I'd meet them after the 2 hour race.. and then got late to go out of the house.. just to check my phone for the results which seemed like meh...

I was really happy to see Russell starting from the front of the row.. Im happy he got some handful of points.. damn Williams is on a roll 😉😛. Without this.. George would have ended the season with half the points to that of latifi.. and that would have seemed weird..

Oh well.. there was this Sunday afternoon in Spa.

On to the next one..

10 hours ago, Sakae said:

Verstappen was grumpy and apologetic during interview. He didn't look happy at all, and I do understand that. Who needs for rest of his life some people remaining him of this gift, especially should he win a season by a half point

Has Bernie ACTUALLY left F1??
It seems Liberty IS just the same as Bernie - it IS (still) about THE sponsors & TV coverage.

D/T 2021.08.30 10:01 CEST

I am wondering what Stroll Sr. will tell FiA about his son receiving 10 sec grid penalty for changing a wing, while others are repairing cars without one. Fun is in the offing. Personally I think he will be hopping mad. (Probably rightly so. Rules are incomprehensible to most.)

Speaking about people hopping mad, there is one; his name is Hamilton. He is one strange person. For now he is allowing MB to choose his teammate whoever that is (so says one headline). How gracious of him.

I was wrong thinking that no one was happy, yet there is at least one happy person in this wet weekend - Russell. He stood on the podium with shining smile as he won some huge lottery. Obviously some people take it any which-way they can get.

Alonso and vettel are both in disagreement of giving points for the race, that was NOT really a 'Race'..

Ok, I get your point but.. I guess it's not too bad for some driver's and teams to go away with some points in their kitty.. specially happy for Russell!! He enjoyed the podium the most.. Loved that!

😉🤟

And this . 

8 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Alonso and vettel are both in disagreement of giving points for the race, that was NOT really a 'Race'..

Had they actually been IN a points position.  I seriously DOUBT that they would object.

Pay attention. There are more people on the inside who think what happen yesterday should not be repeated. You can attack and malign Vettel as much as you want, but system rules will be reviewed with aim to change what a race director can, or should do nest time around should such conditions arise again. Brown was btw one of those who thinks a change is desirable..

21 hours ago, lipstick79 said:
On 8/29/2021 at 6:02 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

The end is just the beginning.

I said the end is just the beginning, it IS true.
LOT`S of head scratchin goin on, 2 avoid this / similar happenin again.