Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Netherlands 2021

D/T 2021.09.03 12:54 CEST

FP1

Issues for Vettel, who reports an "engine failure" as he parks up by the side of the track...

Sebi managed whole two laps. Nice. Thanks AM and MB for your service.

D/T 2021.09.03 15:41 CEST

FP2

Lovely. Hamilton is out with engine. Hard to say whether it is the same issue Seb suffer earlier.

One of a few rumours - IF Bottas should replace Kimi, he might take MB engine with him. Interesting variant.

Ocon is driving well.

AM drivers are 0.4 sec ajar. I was expecting Stroll would do better, if he is as good as Vettel. Either way, that car in terms of capability seem lacking and ranking behind MB, RBR, Ferrari, McLaren, and Alpine. It might be satisfying for advertisers, but not good enough for any trophy. A person who writes commentaries on F1 official site hardly ever will mention Vettel by name. Obviously he is not good enough for her to spare a sentence or two.

D/T 2021.09.04 10:12 CEST

The Alfa Romeo Racing team has announced that Kimi Raikkonen has tested positive for COVID-19 

18 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2021.09.03 15:41 CEST

FP2

Lovely. Hamilton is out with engine. Hard to say whether it is the same issue Seb suffer earlier.

One of a few rumours - IF Bottas should replace Kimi, he might take MB engine with him. Interesting variant.

Ocon is driving well.

AM drivers are 0.4 sec ajar. I was expecting Stroll would do better, if he is as good as Vettel. Either way, that car in terms of capability seem lacking and ranking behind MB, RBR, Ferrari, McLaren, and Alpine. It might be satisfying for advertisers, but not good enough for any trophy. A person who writes commentaries on F1 official site hardly ever will mention Vettel by name. Obviously he is not good enough for her to spare a sentence or two.

I picked up that exact thing!!!!! No commentary on him, It's amazing

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I picked up that exact thing!!!!! No commentary on him, It's amazing

This is why I've arrived to conclusion some time ago that running F1 from England is not a such good thing. Now they are pushing for two British drivers at MB, as there is no one else. Cases like that are behind my decision once Vettel retires, so am I. I had enough of it.  

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

This is why I've arrived to conclusion some time ago that running F1 from England is not a such good thing. Now they are pushing for two British drivers at MB, as there is no one else. Cases like that are behind my decision once Vettel retires, so am I. I had enough of it.  

I wanted to write a complained on her commentary, based on her just avoiding any commentary on him. One can't be so fckn biased. English drivers are being glorified!

13 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I wanted to write a complained on her commentary, based on her just avoiding any commentary on him. One can't be so fckn biased. English drivers are being glorified!

Write? That would be waste of your time. They will not admit to it, and you will receive just some half-dumb excuse as an explanation. After all, I am sure someone is proof-reading it, and if editorial has not detected bias, writing to them will not fix it, otherwise it would had been corrected long time ago. 

Even today you can read often responses to articles where topic is Vettel, and hatred seeping through content of some responses commenting on article are deserving almost psychiatric intervention. On some other forum (you may know which one I am ref. to), someone claiming to be solicitor, marked Vettel as a criminal. How one can react to that? (I gather solicitor is British designation in legal profession).

D/T 2021.09.04 15:35 CEST

Seb is toast, and so is Perez.

Wow.

That traverse from back to the front and back to back is getting really boring, AM people.

Seems like this track will have a high speed roulette played out on it on Sunday.

Really unfortunate for Lando to not get through to Q3.. 🤦

Good Qualy efforts by Giovinazzi 👍

F1 official site, female contributor writes: Max outperformed Hamilton with the fastest car on the grid. (Where did I heard this before? Just a rhetorical question.)

Wolf: Hamilton outperformed Mercedes (car).

Yes, the guy is superhuman. Applaud everyone!

8 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Really unfortunate for Lando to not get through to Q3..

It is what it is.  U make UR own luck.
Lando just NOT up 2 it.
OR free tyre choice - mayB strategy?
The Mclaren WILL go LONG.
Watch out 4 the dutch shower - a bit of drizzle WILL spice things up.

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Watch out 4 the dutch shower - a bit of drizzle WILL spice things up.

And how...

I really like the track personally.. the banking really makes the driver's through the car on to the next turn.. seems fun to watch from outside and I'm sure the driver's are loving it too.. it's a different challenge.. I'm going to relish every second of it...

Yes, drivers do like it, however at the same time concerns by drivers popping up overtaking could be difficult. Promoter thinks otherwise, so we have to see. A race without some overtaking usually doesn't get too many thumbs up.  

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

A race without some overtaking

> Is NOT really a race - it is just a parade of cars.  Showin their sponsors logo`s 2 the world.
All the action WILL B in the pit stops.

57 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

> Is NOT really a race - it is just a parade of cars.  Showin their sponsors logo`s 2 the world.
All the action WILL B in the pit stops.

Choice of words like some overtaking was deliberate on my part, bearing in mind, F1 entertains races with some overtaking for decades. It is still a race, you need to do a job on Saturday, and take your chances on Sunday. It is just not a very attractive race. I do not blame a track, however. Like weather, track is there for all to see, take it or leave it. Responsibility for making a race attractive remains with a commercial owner who selects where to race, promoters who are responsible for peripheral issues, regulators writing technical specs, teams who develop machinery in line with specs, and ultimately drivers who do work what is handed to them. They are all involved. If you want to blame someone for a boring race, leave the track out of it.   

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

F1 official site, female contributor writes: Max outperformed Hamilton with the fastest car on the grid. (Where did I heard this before? Just a rhetorical question.)

Wolf: Hamilton outperformed Mercedes (car).

Yes, the guy is superhuman. Applaud everyone!

The Red Bull driver sped past Zandvoort's speed trap located at the end of the main straight at 308.7 km/h, a velocity that placed the Dutchman at the tail end of the readings, and almost 6 km/h slower than Hamilton's Mercedes which was recorded at 314.5 km/h. 2021 Dutch Grand Prix 

Speed tap data.

D/T 2021.09.05 16:45 CEST

So, Max got it. Now, when Mercedes crowd is on about the same level with RBR, suddenly Hamilton doesn't look so big and mighty.

Race - 3 drivers alone on a lead lap speaks volumes, and a good way.

Driver of the day in my eyes, and probably most underrated from them all is Frenchman Gasly. He has a midfield car, and shows way to mighty Ferrari. I am beginning to like this guy. My respect. You deserve a better treatment, bro. 

Stroll did good. Sebi had a bad day.

Haas - did you screw Mick deliberately in pits just to please loud, whining and unpleasant Russian? 

I am not sure that I like that track as much as drivers do. Machinery is not built for it.

34 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sebi had a bad day.

NOT quite accurate.  Sebi just, had a day.
Nothin good, nothin bad.  He got his card, clocked on, clocked off.
Were he even in the race?  

18 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

NOT quite accurate.  Sebi just, had a day.
Nothin good, nothin bad.  He got his card, clocked on, clocked off.
Were he even in the race?  

Yes, he was. I saw him.

This might sounds as an excuse, but it is not meant to be.

His quail hot lap was compromised, and had he qualified higher up, race might had been different one. In the race, his tire in the first stint had sudden drop off, which was bummer as well. For marginal differences in performance, track characteristics was not lending itself to overtaking. 

For more I will wait for his comment.

Lets be honest, that Mercedes car seems better than the Redbull in a lot of aspects, and Its Verstappen that is making a difference. Plus.. Pole, WITHOUT the DRS being available... Max is something special..

Merc had to literally ask Bottas to control his speed so they can give Hamilton the advantage in the race.. wow.. 

52 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Hamilton is already blaming his team, as expected

U win & lose as a team.
Hamilton and the team did NOT win this time.
>NOBODY forced him 2 pit, he could have CHOSE 2 stay out longer.
He could have just driven on.

2 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

U win & lose as a team.
Hamilton and the team did NOT win this time.
>NOBODY forced him 2 pit, he could have CHOSE 2 stay out longer.

You not need to tell me, rather tell him.

3 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Hamilton LOST the race rather than, Max won the race.

I don't agree, but whatever. Max is Max, and Hamilton and his crowd better get used to it. Protection by establishment for car #44 is on OFF position.