Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Formula 1 Heineken Gran Premio D’italia 2021

Random thoughts:

Bottas now when he is leaving might be not so subservient to Hamilton.

Ocon and Alonso - strained relationship.

Mazepin and Schumacher - strained relationship.

Verstappen is saying MB will be too fast.

Sakae is saying AM will be too slow.

Ferrari might do well.

I sure hope Kubica will get one more outing this season to make it an even 100. 

6 hours ago, Piotr said:

I sure hope Kubica will get one more outing this season to make it an even 100. 

He must be in a difficult position. Not too many people would dare to sit and compete in that car in his situation, especially at Monza. This is a difficult track for everyone. History is witness to its dark side.  

D/T 2021.09.10  06:55 CEST

30 degrees Celsius to grace Monza with no chance of rain on Friday and Saturday and only a slight chance on Sunday.

This looks OK, although wet race forecast on a speed circuit is not exactly a good thing. It may be fun elsewhere, but not here.

FP1

Everybody is keeping his cards close to his chest. On the other hand, we have been here before, and engineers can interpolate chances they have, and how to play the game. Qualifying at 18:00 local time seems to be quite late afternoon, but I am assuming planners know better than I do whether at 19:00 visibility is sufficient to drive an F1 car under ambient conditions on a such speed circuit.

D/T 2021.09.10  19:01 CEST

Qualification is over, and as more or less predicted by Verstappen, MB is here too fast. So much for claims by the official F1 (she)commentator, that RBR has fastest car. (Just because Hamilton was not in P1 the other day, so that was her expert explanation.)

A lot can happen this weekend before this is over. AM has done slightly better than I've expected. McLaren under Seidl is progressing really well. Lastly, what can I say about Gasly. This guy is driving Minardi, and he is in P6 on this track? I like Dr. Marko, but Helmut, what are you doing to this young man? He deserves front row, and than we have really fight. I have no pony in this battle, but my admiration for him is growing by an hour. Kubica could be happy he was not slowest. Ferrari bomb out on home ground. Nice going, Binotto, Leclerc...

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

McLaren under Seidl is progressing really well.

IS also consistent WITH, McLaren under Seidl is NOT progressin
Remember WHEN nil-poi Can ONLY progress - DON`T get negative points.
These day`s F1 IS like, a Mcdonalds happy-meal - free toy included.  Though IN F1 the free toy IS points 4 just turnin up.

6 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

IS also consistent WITH, McLaren under Seidl is NOT progressin

Obviously you are nostalgic about good old times when Alonso was there, or maybe even further back. Well, time is marching forward, and McLaren drivers are now becoming a factor at the front. That's how I see it.

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

McLaren drivers are now becoming a factor at the front. That's how I see it

Which front?  The front of the midfield OR the front of the race, challegin 4 honours?

On 9/8/2021 at 8:17 PM, Sakae said:

Obvious strategy.
Fill the opposition WITH confidence - so they don`t feel a NEED 2 push the envelope.
Then pop up from nowhere and take the glory.

8 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Obvious strategy.
Fill the opposition WITH confidence - so they don`t feel a NEED 2 push the envelope.
Then pop up from nowhere and take the glory.

Teams are in this business for a few years and mature enough not to fall for such cheap trick. That kind of strategy might have worked once or twice, but not more than that.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

but not more than that

MayB Not directly.  Though peel the onion, I were simply tryin 2 break it down so U could understand.
Psychology IS a very complex area.  Oranges R not the only fruit - papaya is also available.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:17 PM, Sakae said:

Random thoughts:

Bottas now when he is leaving might be not so subservient to Hamilton.

Ocon and Alonso - strained relationship.

Mazepin and Schumacher - strained relationship.

Sakae is saying AM will be too slow.

Ferrari might do well.

I actually think AM drivers can get some points this weekend. Many penalties abound.

Low downforce track, most draggy track, Merc territory. MadMax will do very well if he indeed wins this one. I doubt it, but I hope so.

Dark horse for me... Chuck Norris

12:46 "In terms of de-rates, the car is doing what it wants," reports Vettel - sounds like he's not sure when the Aston Martin is slowing to harvest energy.

Oopsie. This can not end well

Sainz is definitely not a happy sailor right now.

If AM wants to play big, they have to be consistent with reliability and performance. We are in mid-season, and AM should know quirks of their equipment inside out. if they don't, then instead publicity guy, go and hire competent engineers who do know how things work.

24 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sainz is definitely not a happy sailor right now.

If AM wants to play big, they have to be consistent with reliability and performance. We are in mid-season, and AM should know quirks of their equipment inside out. if they don't, then instead publicity guy, go and hire competent engineers who do know how things work.

They employ anyone but those

14 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

AR on the up, seems a bad time for Kimi to leave. He could have stuck it out with a year under regulations I thought would suit him

Rumour - Andretti is considering to buy them out.

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Rumour - Andretti is considering to buy them out.

New team personnel, you think they will left go of the existing structure, introduce new? Certainly new ways about doing things...

And another sweet, sweet drive from my man. Hope Alpine can maintain momentum during the race, with de AT (poor Gasly!) at the back, it's another good opportunity to score points for the constructor's championship.

Poor Gasly. Lighting start, sleeping McLaren in the front of him, boom, and it's over. Bad things happen to good people. Well, he will correct it tomorrow. Vettel's car is still having its own mind and doing what it wants, rather than what driver wants, so, AM didn't fix it. What a team.