Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Formula 1 Heineken Gran Premio D’italia 2021

D/T 2021.09.13  07:54 CEST

Fernando Alonso has spoken out about the crash of Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen during the Italian Grand Prix. The two-time Formula One champion believes it was nothing more than a racing incident, unlike the collision between the two at Silverstone.

Hamilton reacts to Verstappen's grid penalty: 'Proud of the stewards'

We view events around us differently. Hamilton was probably proud of stewards after previous incident as well.

My race was over after first lap.

Mr. Stroll Jr. managed to eliminate his teammate after start. I wonder what Otmar was thinking. One can wonder if Seb will ask for more next year from owner's son. Then Ocon and Mick wanted to shake hands, and Seb was done for the day.

Later in the race, Ocon was found guilty of not leaving Sebastian Vettel enough room at the same chicane.

"Having earlier defended his position off-line, the driver of Car 31 [Ocon] failed to leave a car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner (as is required in the regulation) and caused the collision with Car 5 [Vettel]," read the stewards' report.

It's nice it works for some drivers, however sadly not for all of them.

What about Mr. Stroll - nothing?

D/T 2021.09.13  18:52 CEST

Alpine’s Esteban Ocon has questioned the consistency of Formula 1’s race stewards after he was awarded a five-second time penalty at the Italian Grand Prix.

The Frenchman was involved in an incident with Sebastian Vettel at Turn 4, with the pair making contact as Ocon moved to the right on the way into the corner.

In 2019, a similar incident occurred between Charles Leclerc and Lewis Hamilton as they battled for the lead of the grand prix – however no penalty was handed out.

“We’ve worked extremely hard on a difficult weekend and we lost out on some racing incidents which for once I disagree with, what happened in the race,” Ocon said.

“I got the five-second penalty for Seb, the same happened to Lewis and Charles in 2019. 

Esteban, again, how long have you been in this racket that such inconsistency surprises you? In my op, you deserve the penalty, however so were the others. So, when you did it, you recalled history and decided you get away with it? You are not Leclerc, nor Alonso, nor Hamilton, my dear. That's part of the problem.:   

Formula 1 race director Michael Masi says Max Verstappen was “predominantly, not fully” to blame for his Monza crash with Lewis Hamilton.

I don't get this assessment. How do you evaluate in numbers such vagueness?

If so, why not just say it was a racing accident and let both go free?

If so, and Verstappen has to go back 3 positions on the grid in Sochi, why not at the same time convert "predominantly" into giving Hamilton 2 positions penalty. They can share responsibility, but this way Hamilton goes free, and learned nothing of it.

I felt for Perez before he got that seat at RBR, but then, in his age he is fully grown up and this is fantastic opportunity for him. I think next year might turn to be decisive how his future will looks like in the F1. Gasly is knocking on the door, and boss knows that. Perez is a fine driver, and RBR is sort of a difficult organisation. The guy is measured against Max, which is not easy, and he is on top of it driving a new machine requiring him to change his driving style. I think Dr. Marko extended honeymoon till end of this season precisely for those two reasons.

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

How do you evaluate in numbers such vagueness?

Through words.

All masi is trying to say is that he can't put a number on how much More varstappen was to be blamed for, but he was 'predominantly' to be blamed.

Looking at it again.. it does seem like max had an opportunity to back out and try to overtake at a later stage.

3 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Through words.

All masi is trying to say is that he can't put a number on how much More varstappen was to be blamed for, but he was 'predominantly' to be blamed.

Looking at it again.. it does seem like max had an opportunity to back out and try to overtake at a later stage.

t didn't take much for Hamilton to leave a car space for fast approaching RB. This case cuts both ways, and each side of the road has their own "tinted" glasses. I have no pony in this fight, however from the distance I think Hamilton over years got away with far too much for one person in what is suppose to be a competitive sport, and this malignant self-entitlement is blurring his judgement.

BRAWN: IT’S CLEAR BOTH DRIVERS COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT

Villeneuve unhappy with Verstappen's punishment: 'Belongs to Formula 1'

While the British analysts mainly blame Max Verstappen for the crash with Lewis Hamilton, the Dutchman gets support from an unexpected corner. At Corriere.it Jacques Villeneuvespeaks out about the penalty Verstappen received.

Exactly. We need elected and balanced international media group at the races which brodcasts consensual opinions, rather than making definite statements, as some do currently. 

In inagural F1 Indianapolis race past long, fast straight was followed with chicane. Schumacher went wheel to wheel with Coulthard into it and out ahead without as much as iota of problem. Tribunes burst into applause. So, it could be done, if people do want to.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/09/14/inside-line-hamilton-and-british-cabal-are-out-of-line/

I am not in love with Velasco's attitude in most articles, but he is dead right in this one.

Max Verstappen is copping far too much flack from British drivers, pundits, and media in the aftermath of the collision with Lewis Hamilton, that ended both their 2021 Italian Grand Prix in the Monza sand.

But things got nasty first with Damon Hill (who would know a lot better) accusing Max of deliberately causing the crash, which is absurd, but shows the extent of the bias in reporting from the track and news outlets that serve as the voice of the anglicized Formula 1 of today.

This is first time someone said loudly what my rants say on these pages for very long time.

Granted, Brit tabloids and media are entitled to their patriotic rants and tribal loyalism, as it is their right to report from such a lopsided perch.

But please save us from the glaring prejudice – by some – on the global English feed.

While logistically it makes sense for F1 to depend on Sky F1 for the global worldwide English feed and on F1 TV, they must set rules of engagement for media and pundits. With exceptions, of course, this constant favouritism towards British drivers, their overexposure at the expense of other non-Brits, is becoming increasingly intolerable for neutrals with no alternative commentary to tune in to.

This article should be mandatory reading for everyone.

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Brisitsh cabal. LMAO. Very appropriate

Author really surprised me, however he expressed how I feel bias or not, about few issuess.

I am not sure what's going on, but Stroll is now being quoted that he hopes Seb will driver for them next year.

There is slight ambiguity this. Next year and after, or just next year? As Vettel's ardent fan, I am interested in that detail.

D/T 2021.09.15  08:23 CEST

'Hamilton has given up on giving Verstappen space since Silverstone'

With this kind of attitude I look for more interesting crashes coming to us in near future.  On second thought, maybe Hamilton seeks some new style haircut by RB wheel? He is into fashion after all.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2021.09.15  08:23 CEST

With this kind of attitude I look for more interesting crashes coming to us in near future.  On second thought, maybe Hamilton seeks some new style haircut by RB wheel? He is into fashion after all.

Did you mean...

Screenshot_20210915-193555_WhatsApp.jpg.fad1ebe12a060bb35c19cd7a9f5eeaf2.jpg

35 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Did you mean...

Screenshot_20210915-193555_WhatsApp.jpg.fad1ebe12a060bb35c19cd7a9f5eeaf2.jpg

Should be rear right tire. The thing on his head was probably inflicted by Verstappen little later after race with a soup spoon. 

On 9/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

Perez need to step up now!

Perez is bein consistent.
Consistently beaten by Hamilton.
Consistently gainin points 4 Red Bull.
Consistently bein, a number 2 driver.