Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Formula 1 Heineken Gran Premio D’italia 2021

47 minutes ago, Quiet One said:

And another sweet, sweet drive from my man. Hope Alpine can maintain momentum during the race, with de AT (poor Gasly!) at the back, it's another good opportunity to score points for the constructor's championship.

Good drive there from the other old guy

5 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Certainly new ways about doing things...

I agree, if nothin changes nothin changes.

Though New Coke is just Coke with easy marketin opportunity

Go McLaren boys Woohoooo .. :clap3:

Vindication for Bottas, but he starts from the back with the confidence of having won the sprint race, so sunday should be fun too with a lot of overtaking moves for him.

I feel bad for Gasly too.. He can still try to finish in points to salvage some lost ground..

What a start by Lando.. Gutsy move on the outside.. reminded me of Alonso 2011 Start in Monza..

Alpine and AM were in a race of their own and nothing really was fruitful for either of them..

Giovinazzi.. he seems to have improved a lot after all the signings up and down in the paddock.. 😜

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

Vindication for Bottas, but he starts from the back with the confidence of having won the sprint race,

Bottas was ALWAY`S gonna start from the back - Had NOTHIN 2 lose - May as well > push the envelope, prove a point whilst puttin his resume out there.

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

Alpine and AM were in a race of their own

Is that a metaphoric statement? (in a race of their own)

25 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Is that a metaphoric statement?

No. Quite literally actually...

4 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

No. Quite literally actually...

Second IS first of the losers
> THEN way back, AM and Alpine

2 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

HEN way back, AM and Alpine

Yeah.. that..

They will have their chance in 2022 I guess 🤟

2 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Go McLaren boys Woohoooo .. :clap3:

Vindication for Bottas, but he starts from the back with the confidence of having won the sprint race, so sunday should be fun too with a lot of overtaking moves for him.

I feel bad for Gasly too.. He can still try to finish in points to salvage some lost ground..

What a start by Lando.. Gutsy move on the outside.. reminded me of Alonso 2011 Start in Monza..

Alpine and AM were in a race of their own and nothing really was fruitful for either of them..

Giovinazzi.. he seems to have improved a lot after all the signings up and down in the paddock.. 😜

Mc Laren did great, I hope this means Ricci is back, Lando vs Daniel at their max is going to be mega. Bottas is a case of too little, too late. An uninspiring driver, merely proving that any reasonably competent driver can win or get poles with the best machine. I'd rather have Russell battling it out against Lewis. Gasly is yet another proof that we are having one of the most talented grid in ages. I do hope they keep Gio, he clearly deserves an F1 seat more than many others. Hats off to Stroll  and Ocon as well, I never thought much of them, but they seem to be the real deal and both are giving ALO and VET a good run for their money.

Vettel is walking backwards. I am not watching the race without interruptions, thus I have no idea what's wrong now.

Hamilton and Verstappen will be investigated, again. They will not give up, until one or both end up in hospital.

Yuki, Gasly...sad weekend.

Seidl's handy-work. Not bad at all. I am disappointed with Seb. I am not sure why he is so far behind Stroll in this race. Ocon needs to cool down. Gasly - tears.

32 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Seidl's handy-work. Not bad at all. I am disappointed with Seb. I am not sure why he is so far behind Stroll in this race. Ocon needs to cool down. Gasly - tears.

However, it is rumoured that 34-year-old Vettel’s passion for Formula 1 itself is waning, prompting the renewed speculation in the Italian media.

“The situation is said to be constantly evolving,” Sky Italia reported from Monza.

“The decision is in the driver’s hands only. It is he who must give an answer.”

Don't know how true these rumours is...

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/793721/Aston_Martin_interested_in_Ricciardo_8211_report/

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

However, it is rumoured that 34-year-old Vettel’s passion for Formula 1 itself is waning, prompting the renewed speculation in the Italian media.

“The situation is said to be constantly evolving,” Sky Italia reported from Monza.

“The decision is in the driver’s hands only. It is he who must give an answer.”

Don't know how true these rumours is...

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/793721/Aston_Martin_interested_in_Ricciardo_8211_report/

It is possible that last 18 months did a job on him. I would be happy if he continues, however I will understand if he doesn't.

Verstappen was decelerating, yet faster than Hamilton exiting pitlane, much slower and only picking on speed, yet cutting into Verstappen path. As a fan I am not thinking this is a racing incident.

100% Hamilton's fault not giving enough space, which he could, had he wanted. 

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.watch-huge-drama-at-monza-as-hamilton-and-verstappen-take-each-other-out-of.4XdAAbSMJc5dR5Kh5mEInQ.html

On some other forum they blame Verstappen. I've watched the clip over and over, stopping it by seconds, and we can argue what Hamilton did, and what he could have done to avoid collison. I also think if Verstappen panicked, and hit brakes, he would have flat tires for sure. Curb toss his car up, and rest is history. I am lost how Verstappen can be blame at all. I am not his fan, but Hamilton did bad IMO. Bad actor in this latest incident.

45 minutes ago, Sakae said:

100% Hamilton's fault not giving enough space, which he could, had he wanted. 

Absolutely!

This is now second race in which Hamilton is appearing not exactly in most shining lights. Stewards would crucify Vettel for similar act.

I feel strange to take Verstappen's side after all dirty work he has done on Vettel in his early years.

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

This is now second race in which Hamilton is appearing not exactly in most shining lights. Stewards would crucify Vettel for similar act.

I feel strange to take Verstappen's side after all dirty work he has done on Vettel in his early years.

Well, he was ALLOWED to get away with it, to Kimi and Vettel. 

I blame it on this incompetent stewards bunch

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Well, he was ALLOWED to get away with it, to Kimi and Vettel. 

I blame it on this incompetent stewards bunch

+1

Protection racket continues. What else is new and unexpected?

Hamilton's side will be milking it for weeks. My view doesn't count, but I am lost how anyone - except stewards of course - can absolve Hamilton from being the instigator of this incident. 

Vettel had his story to tell after the race.