Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2021) - Part 2

...last thread in Part 1

Provisional 2022 F1 calendar.

23 races.

Germany is not on the list. At least we can watch attractive football together with Paris Saint-Germain it's going to be blast. 

Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi might just make up for some car races in far lands. (Selfish me.)

D/T 2021.09.19  17:09 CEST

Why one-shot qualifying should replace F1's new sprint event

I am not on board with the idea that one-shot for qualification will solve anything. I do actually like style which was in the play when Schumacher was racing. To me 3-shots should be just right amount. Fastest lap for each car counts.

1. 1st lap - warm up 
  2. 2nd lap - heat / timed lap
  3. 3rd lap - cool down / pit
  4. For yellow or red flags clock stops.

Three attempts, that's all. Current elimination makes no good sense to me whatsoever. Teams have their reasons why they cannot go at it in Q1  and then whole weekend is messed up. Secondly, in rapidly changing ambient condition, some drivers are eliminated not because they are not good enough, but because their lap was timed in bad conditions, and that's not fair at all IMO.

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

Current elimination makes no good sense to me whatsoever.

WHOOSH - over UR head

R U new 2 F1??  If it did NOT make any sense they would NOT do it.
The teams R able 2 follow the format, so it DOES make sense 2 the people INVOLVED.

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

Secondly, in rapidly changing ambient condition, some drivers are eliminated not because they are not good enough, but because their lap was timed in bad conditions

Just like on the shop-floor of F1 race day.
A race WIN in spa, because the race was in bad conditions.

What makes sense to one, might not makes sense to his fellow man. In which country you live that this would be news to you? BTW, aren't you afraid of mental degradation while on the path back to hieroglyphics sending smoke signals on what is probably latest technology creation? I am getting somewhat exhausted by wasted time and energy when I have to google for explanation of meaning what I am reading.  

6 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Just like on the shop-floor of F1 race day.
A race WIN in spa, because the race was in bad conditions.

It depends on your preferences. Win by skills, or win due to misfortunes of your rival, especially if not of his making.

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

or win due to misfortunes of your rival

A win IS a win. 
Will accept it however it comes.
I remember when DC gave Mika the race win in `98.
They agreed whoever got 2 the first corner first would win the race.
Because at that time, the Mclaren Mercedes were the car 2 beat.
Mika controlled the race, until.
Mika made a phantom pit-stop, because of miscommunication.
Giving DC the race lead.
DC in turn later on in the race allowed Mika 2 win - presented with a win due to misfortunes of your rival

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

WHOOSH - over UR head

Ms Lipstick.

Please be cognizant of these wisecracks you make.  No one is stupid here. Pls don't insult fellow posters, in subliminal or direct ways

28 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Mercedes engine was on the podium at Monza.  And AM..?

Technicality there Sakae - AM do NOT make engine/PU so LIMITED options
Even IF AM constructor WERE on the podium - would NOT B alone
> Obviously Ms lipstick the podium represents the BEST 3 at THAT event
But the point IS AM R NOT Ferrari, Mercedes, Honda OR Renault

D/T 2021.09.21  12:08 CEST

Speaking after his masterclass at the iconic Laguna Seca, Grosjean explained the differences between F1 and Indycar: “It’s the freedom of driving the car the way you like to drive it.

“You don’t need to look after charging mode, push mode, tire temperature, tire window, so on and so on. You just go in the car, leave the pit lane, then you push every single lap. You play a bit with your bars. But as I said, you push, push, push, come in, pit, new tires.”

Sounds like something Seb is dreaming about for years.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Speaking after his masterclass at the iconic Laguna Seca, Grosjean explained the differences between F1 and Indycar: “It’s the freedom of driving the car the way you like to drive it.

“You don’t need to look after charging mode, push mode, tire temperature, tire window, so on and so on. You just go in the car, leave the pit lane, then you push every single lap. You play a bit with your bars. But as I said, you push, push, push, come in, pit, new tires.”

How did F1 get to this, where another series seems more appealing to drivers

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

How did F1 get to this, where another series seems more appealing to drivers

I think following article just scratches surface (IMO) of deeper problem, however contains element worth the thought.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/09/14/inside-line-hamilton-and-british-cabal-are-out-of-line/

It's not only issue with media, but that style permeates management of whole F1. 

Former McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh is set to join Aston Martin in the new role of CEO of Aston Martin Performance Technologies

When I thought ... they always prove me wrong. It has not been clarified yet how this change affects Tobias Moers (who is there about 5 months). Fact is, being responsible for a racing division together with road cars business is a big bite to chew on, but ...Seb, bees are waiting for you; run while there is still time. 

Do know now why it took Seb so long to think about it?

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Aston Martin Performance Technologies

Followin the Mclaren route.  When Ron were in charge, created Mclaren Applied Technologies organization which - supplies to MOST of the grid.

D/T 2021.09.22  09:37 CEST

Vettel issues new F1 engine demand

Is there need for such excessive and at the same time inaccurate headlines? UK media at work...false flag one after another, hallmark of the industry.

Fact is, Seb has taken environmental concerns to his heart, and when he was asked about ongoing discussions regarding desirable specs for 2025 engines, he presented his personal views as coherent, and relevant opinion. Technology should have relevancy be road cars, he said. If one takes time to read what he actually said, his concerns make a lot of sense, and it is certainly conversation worth having.

D/T 2021.09.22  13:02 CEST

Alpine's F1 future secure for up to ten years

That's the way to do it, if they are planning to stay with the series. I am impressed. 

Thank you.

Sebastian Vettel believes that Formula 1 risks diluting the occasion of a grand prix with the continued calendar expansion.

My point exactly (only I said the same about a year or two earlier, Sebastian). 

12 hours ago, Sakae said:

risks diluting the occasion of a grand prix with the continued calendar expansion

Less is MORE.  
The diluting ALREADY began with, givin points 2 the top 10 finishers.
From the old system of, the top 6 finishers.
Where IS the challenge 4 points?
With the current system, get points just 4 turnin up, and completin the race distance.
The best drivers in the world is now a joke.  Just bring it home and let the cameras show the sponsors logo`s, 2 the world.