Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2021) - Part 2

VERSTAPPEN: IF I’D BEEN IN THAT CAR OF HIS, THE SEASON WOULD’VE BEEN DECIDED LONG AGO

Ouch.

On 12/23/2021 at 1:05 PM, Sakae said:

In today's news...

D/T 2021.12.23  11:48 CET

Dr. Marko is no dummy. Ex-racer himself, Doctor of Law, still active in all aspect of racing at homes base, and at the track, so he knows a thing or two about possibilities. He has basically confirmed my dark fears. Front teams will most likely remain where they are, and I am not betting on miracles that AM will occupy podium in each race. 

It will be a fight for 3rd from Mclaren (Seidl is doing miracles)/Ferrari/Alpine (maybe). AM will be lucky to jossle with those 3, let alone fight for podiums. Just MAYBE with this budget cap...

What is the latest confirmation on RBR and their engines. How is that set up. What's happening with the intel? Anyone knows?

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

It will be a fight for 3rd from Mclaren (Seidl is doing miracles)/Ferrari/Alpine (maybe). AM will be lucky to jossle with those 3, let alone fight for podiums. Just MAYBE with this budget cap...

What is the latest confirmation on RBR and their engines. How is that set up. What's happening with the intel? Anyone knows?

I think Honda will be assisting (I am not certain to what extend) RBR from Japan. Several engine guys from Honda will be paid by RBR and stay with RBR.

Regarding impact of budget ceiling - as mentioned in my earlier posting, I do not expect surprises. At least not in first half of next season. They aren't starting from the same baseline. It may take a season or two, before the field rebalances itself in terms of material resources (IMHO). Intellectual resources - big ? 

According to McLaren team boss Andreas Seidl, there was nothing 'spicy' about the Mercedes engine that was in the back of the McLaren last season. He reveals that the engines in the McLarens had no significant differences compared to the engines used by the factory Mercedes team itself.

At the end of the season there was a lot of talk about the Mercedes engine that Lewis Hamilton used in Brazil. That weekend, in both the sprint race and the Grand Prix itself, the seven-time world champion was able to fight his way up from the back of the field and eventually win the Grand Prix.

Good enough for me. Trashy and mean spirited talk on sidelines can stop now.

Facinating piece..

Enter Kimi Raikkonen...

"""But I think in a way we could still be racing the V10s. People would have just saved a hell of a lot of money on the way and the end result would not change.

Sometimes the changes have not been done for the right reason.""

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/811390/Raikkonen_reveals_unexpected_choice_of_favourite_F1_engine/

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Good enough for me. Trashy and mean spirited talk on sidelines can stop now.

*Previous comment here...Missread the post sorry"

Yes, that should put it to bed

Oh dear, according to Bernie...

"“Let’s put it this way…many people in Maranello are surprised the Spaniard was able to give team-mate Charles Leclerc such a run for his money in 2021.”

The 91-year-old himself says he has never believed Leclerc to be anything special anyway though.

“For me, Leclerc was always a very good driver but not any more [than that],” he added."

On 12/27/2021 at 1:38 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

Leclerc was always a very good driver but not any more [than that],

Just described almost everybody who HAS ever raced 4 Ferrari.
Luca Badoer springs 2 mind.
Barrichello esq.
Good drivers who do what is required but nothin special
Sainz is the new generation of this.
Vettel was just about bringin the No 1.  Back 2 the Ferrari car.