Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

McLaren Formula 1 Team

How would all the teams have a better prospect than what they did in 2014?

Regulations changes this time around focuses on NOT letting any one team walk away with it.

Even before 2014 everyone was ready with the fact that one team might dominate the new regs, and that came true. And what happened?? 1 team winning constructors for 8 years in a row? s##t show init?

Huge respect for Ross brawn to bring about one of the biggest changes in F1 to give us a fair motor racing event!.

How can be current F1 called "fair racing" this year onwards? Far from it.

As in 2014 teams have not started from the same baseline. They do not own the same resources, and rule book analysis and operational plans were done on different platforms and financial basis last year. Secondly, in 2014 they had some fictional chance to improve. This year none. Less testing, more races, etc. More stress, limited finances. I think if a team failed to interpret design successfully, they will. not recover through the year. Just my op. 

PU performance is frozen.

All what was accomplished with the spec. is, we have a new vehicle design in comparison to past years. I think it is somewhat unrealistic to think, they all will be very good in terms of performance. Fact is, we are about a month from first race, and the teams have no idea what they have in the garage. So much for praising computers too much. Purpose behind this change was to enable overtaking, which old design failed to facilitate. So called equality was promoted by equalling spending budget. I am not sure whether I can termed fraudulent claims, but on second thought anyone can figure out that it may do many things to the team, but equality is not on that list IMO.

Two  Things:

1: Cost Cap:

2: Testing regulations limiting top teams to run away with it.

The 40-year-old laid the blame for the 2007 problems at McLaren’s door and said in November: “We (he and Hamilton) talked in 2008, 2010 and 2011 and we were closer than ever in those years because we understood that in 2007 we were not very well managed by our bosses.

Return to yesteryears?

Perhaps Mr. Dennis wasn't a such genius after all. If one needs a confirmation from someone who was there, this is it. His career with McLaren was coming to the end the year after. Infighting between Alonso and Hamilton fed daily headlines. Alonso was angry because he expected Hamilton to play second fiddle, and that was no go. I think Webber expected the same from Vettel, and that resistance was there for all to see in more than one way.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:01 AM, Sakae said:

It exceeds my comprehension how anyone can assert today, several weeks before testing begins, that all teams will have better chance (to excel) this year over past years

It IS logical .  Regs change  - everythin IS reset.
In turn ALL teams have better chance (to excel) - BLANK page.
Second is first of the losers

It looks like Zak IS startin 2 justify HIS  Mclaren appointment.
The salesman HAS sold Mclaren benefit`s 2 probably the WORLD.  With the Google deal.
When in doubt Google it - reminds me tho of the Jordan deal with Yahoo.
Yahoo up & coming - Jordan up & coming.
Yahoo HAS been replaced (by google) Jordan sold out &  LEFT F1.