Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

US GP, COTA

Yet another race, and the difference between the first 2 in the championship is thinner than the paper those numbers could be written on.

We are in for a hellova thriller.

I like the COTA circuit, it has a good undulation and turns melting one into the other.. would be interesting to see how the first lap would go around turn 9 and 19.

Expecting some good battles up and down the field.

Yepp, Verstappen surely does look steady at the wheel. Its tough to say which car is better, Maybe Mercedes have an edge... Its Max who is making a difference.

Ferrari and McLaren seem to be in a good mix of things going neck and neck in the championship.

Checo toughed it out without water from the first lap 😨.. and still stood on the podium,, for that, I would say he is my DOTD.. Great performance..

Vettel had a better race this week around, good for him fighting for that last point..

Twas a s##t weekend for Alpine as a team..

34 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Checo toughed it out without water from the first lap

> His overalls probably were dry then.  
He probably would NOT have needed a wee.

22 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Yepp, Verstappen surely does look steady at the wheel. Its tough to say which car is better, Maybe Mercedes have an edge... Its Max who is making a difference.

Ferrari and McLaren seem to be in a good mix of things going neck and neck in the championship.

Checo toughed it out without water from the first lap 😨.. and still stood on the podium,, for that, I would say he is my DOTD.. Great performance..

Vettel had a better race this week around, good for him fighting for that last point..

Twas a s##t weekend for Alpine as a team..

Difficult to comprehend your decision. Drove around applying no pressure on Hamilton, having no say in influencing or making Merc think different, ending up plus 40 secs behind leaders. Ending up in a safe 3rd....

All because his bottle of water not working. 

Another race to forget for Nando. I used the driver cams to follow more closely his race. He seemed grumpy and too focused on the penalties. His race wasn't spectacular, but he could have still have made some points (at one point in the race he was theoretically battling for eight thanks to strategy). His battles with Kimi and Giovinazzi would have looked as ugly even if they had been clearly in his favor (and they weren't). He needs to refocus.

46 minutes ago, Quiet One said:

Another race to forget for Nando. I used the driver cams to follow more closely his race. He seemed grumpy and too focused on the penalties. His race wasn't spectacular, but he could have still have made some points (at one point in the race he was theoretically battling for eight thanks to strategy). His battles with Kimi and Giovinazzi would have looked as ugly even if they had been clearly in his favor (and they weren't). He needs to refocus.

Yes, He seems frustrated. His latest comments on wanting to retire before 2018 speaks volumes

19 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Difficult to comprehend your decision. Drove around applying no pressure on Hamilton, having no say in influencing or making Merc think different, ending up plus 40 secs behind leaders. Ending up in a safe 3rd....

All because his bottle of water not working.

Easier said than done.

In a sport where driver's can loose upto 4 kgs of their body weight because of the physical exertions they endure... It's difficult to imagine a driver going through the whole race without having any water, and that too in Austin!

For god's sake a simple go-akart race of 10 laps can dehydrate someone in that whether, we are talking about 50 odd laps in F1 here...

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

but still WON the race

Michael Schumacher wins 1998 British Grand Prix, from the pits.