Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Abu Dhabi GP - The grand Finale

Alrightttt folks.

Here it is. Last race of the season with both the championships still up for grabs. (Although Merc has pretty much got the constructors in the bag.)

At the start of the season,, Who would have thought that it would  come down to this! No sir, not me, but here we are. And what a roller coaster of a ride it has been this year.

David Vs Golliath s##t i tell ya..

Did Max throw away more than what he could have bargained for in Q2, by flatspotting his mediums; or did his stupendous pole set up a champion in the making.

Can't wait for it.

3 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Did Max throw away more than what he could have bargained for in Q2, by flatspotting his mediums; or did his stupendous pole set up a champion in the making.

to finish first, first U MUST finish.  The soft tyres WILL get away quick.  The long game.
Hamilton`s thinkin IS, The Tortoise and the Hare.

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

to finish first, first U MUST finish.

I'm sure is exactly what Lewis is worried about starting from second.

There are more chances of someone taking him out at turn 1 on a slower Medium tyre.

Oh My God

What a championship! Whatt a race!! Whattttt a last lap!!!!!

Maximilian Verstappen.

He faught all so hard throughout the year to even be in a position on that last lap against a behemoth that Lewis and Merc are together!

Thoroughly deserved!

This was exactly the Miracle that Cristian spoke about!!

3 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Thoroughly deserved!

Honda $$MILLIONS$$ gettin their perfect send off.
Ron Denis brought Honda BACK in2 f1 4 Mclaren.
The fizzy drink team Made Honda leave f1 AGAIN

^^^

The end is
> Just the beginning

As world Champion`s Honda can B anythin they want 2 B 

>Door 4 Honda

Thanks 4 comin, don`t let the the door hit U on the way OUT.
Mercedes CHAMPIONS - THAT is where the money IS

Well, some people think it's not over yet. (As long as potential appeal is on the table.) F1 can be described by many words. Not all are suitable for children's ears. 

I find rather amusing that there was no noise when stewards and whole system favored one team and one driver since 2014 (or even before). Now, with first opportunity the same "flexible" stewardship system backfired, suddenly there is no end to crying foul. Accusation are made that Verstappen robbed Hamilton. To be frank, I haven't seen any robbing going on. What I saw was a RB driver crossing finish line first. That's good enough for me.

So Sainz beats Ferrari's wonderkind Leclerc, wonder what goes on behind the scenes there

It will certainly not go down well, since the apparent "trashing" of Vettel as true colours are revealed

D/T 2021.12.15  10:29 CET

World is collapsing! Hamilton didn't beat Schumacher's numbers.

Hamilton deserved the win, because he led a lot of laps, said one expert-fan of the sport.

Bottas cost Hamilton victory, says a British expert.

Perez cost Hamilton victory, says an Australian expert.

Stewards of the race cost Hamilton victory in the last race said internet (after all, it was somewhere written).

Race director cost Hamilton victory. Bad boy.

And there is more. People are trying to delegitimize Verstappen's accomplishment. 

I have an idea. How about possibility that Hamilton cost Hamilton victory. He was beaten by a faster, hungry for victory rival when it counted. It seems to me if the cars are approximately at about the same level of performance, suddenly GOAT person shrinks down to a normal human been.

Forget all (mostly unfair IMHO) advantages of past 6 or 7 years you had above everyone else.

That's how the world turns.

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

How about possibility that Hamilton cost Hamilton victory. He was beaten by a faster, hungry for victory rival when it counted

Agreed.

Redbull had nothing to loose

and rolled the dice,

Because one was not enough,

They rolled it Twice...

Lol... Rhyme apart, Redbull took a Very risky strategy of pitting Max TWICE. There is no need to blame the race directors for letting the lapped cars unlap themselves, this SHOULD be a normal practice in every safety car situation.

Where FIA went wrong is

1) they took too much time to make that happen.

2) they should have earlier on let the ALL the lapped cars unlap themselves and let the race resume from THAT point.. Hamilton would still not have pitted.

It's unfair to Max that he's being blamed for a blunder he would have still won without, Lewis was on a worn out set as it is!

15 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Agreed.

Redbull had nothing to loose

and rolled the dice,

Because one was not enough,

They rolled it Twice...

Lol... Rhyme apart, Redbull took a Very risky strategy of pitting Max TWICE. There is no need to blame the race directors for letting the lapped cars unlap themselves, this SHOULD be a normal practice in every safety car situation.

Where FIA went wrong is

1) they took too much time to make that happen.

2) they should have earlier on let the ALL the lapped cars unlap themselves and let the race resume from THAT point.. Hamilton would still not have pitted.

It's unfair to Max that he's being blamed for a blunder he would have still won without, Lewis was on a worn out set as it is!

.... and they CHOSE to leave him on that set of tyres.

Remembered: But then again, it would've ended with Verstappen in front as Lewis missed the pit entry..

Fate I say

D/T 2021.12.16  09:02 CET

I am not sure that I agree with blaming (in this race) a race director from wrongdoing. Rules say he has certain discretion to make calls in such situations, so there is no wrongdoing on his part. People might not like and disagree with his decisions, but he has not broken any rules. Stewards helped (IMHO) Hamilton to close points gap on Verstappen. Past calls - let them race came in effect in this case, and team Hamilton lost. The season of 2021 is done and cooked. Nothing much more new to say which hasn't been said and repeated over and over already. I am merely concerned (but not surprised) about swelling of Russell's head. If he continues on a level he came out after last race, he might need extra extra large helmet. Will he fit then into driver's compartment?

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2021.12.16  09:02 CET

I am not sure that I agree with blaming (in this race) a race director from wrongdoing. Rules say he has certain discretion to make calls in such situations, so there is no wrongdoing on his part. People might not like and disagree with his decisions, but he has not broken any rules. Stewards helped (IMHO) Hamilton to close points gap on Verstappen. Past calls - let them race came in effect in this case, and team Hamilton lost. The season of 2021 is done and cooked. Nothing much more new to say which hasn't been said and repeated over and over already. I am merely concerned (but not surprised) about swelling of Russell's head. If he continues on a level he came out after last race, he might need extra extra large helmet. Will he fit then into driver's compartment?

That boy's head is really growing too big!

I for one hope Lewis trashes him, on every level. Maybe it will bring him down to earth

F1 team running under MB brand will not appeal decisions taken after the last race. 

Before season based on my feeling in the stomach I have predicted AM is about 7th best team on the grid.

Bullseye, yet I don't find slightest satisfaction in it. Seeing Sebastian floating between 11th to 17th places is devastating for me. Surely he deserves better, but I continue to believe he is with wrong people and at wrong place.

Lord help us with latest news. Another Brit thinks he can manage an international organization, and his platform - work on social issues with Hamilton. FiA presidential election is this Friday.

Wild thought - how about instead nonsense of that kind, rather fixing FiA governance of the F1?

D/T 2021.12.29  21:35 CET

A large number of people live in another world...

What a waste of time. Life is short as it is, yet digital world seems potent for breeding idiots as there is nothing better to do in one life we have. 

Meanwhile Nicholas Latifi is (was reported) receiving death threats.

I say, it's over, get used it, get over it, like it or not. Real big man, I think, at this point would come forwards, and say to crazies, ENOUGH, please. 

18 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2021.12.29  21:35 CET

A large number of people live in another world...

What a waste of time. Life is short as it is, yet digital world seems potent for breeding idiots as there is nothing better to do in one life we have. 

Meanwhile Nicholas Latifi is (was reported) receiving death threats.

I say, it's over, get used it, get over it, like it or not. Real big man, I think, at this point would come forwards, and say to crazies, ENOUGH, please. 

Have you read this?

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/811079/OPINION_Seriously_what_is_wrong_with_some_people/

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

This is unfortunate, but the rotten to core outcome of ill and venomous environment was predictable. I am inclined to make F1 media co-responsible for grooming minds of young people to intolerance through downright misleading articles of dubious content with bellicose, nationalistic overtones. You can encounter this trend in politics, and now in sport. Am I in shock? Not really. This goes on for years all over, and I have become used to my toxic relationship with some media.

Here he goes:

For those who are struggling to understand why — and I hope there are many – it revolves around the fact that Latifi crashed and triggered the safety car period that then led to the absolute farce that was the race restart, and ultimately Max Verstappen overhauling Lewis Hamilton.

Critique of the Race Director? How about you writing protest of similar tone when a Race Director was deciding in favor of Hamilton? (Mexico several years ago). There was none. Do you think I have forgotten? Articles like this one are lacking something - I know, genuine regret.       

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am inclined to make F1 media co-responsible for grooming minds of young people to intolerance through downright misleading articles

Stupid is as stupid does.

EVERYTHING there IS, is co-responsible for ...
Not JUST the F1 media.

NOT really makin a point of ANY kind there.
Say Pepsi please.

I wouldn't call (quoted) 40000 raging fans exactly stupid.

Some, maybe.

All of them? Hardly.

Misguided? That's what I think.

Everything is responsible ...and no one si then accountable? That's not a point of view I espouse. 

Media set a tone on the internet, start snow ball rolling so to speak, and echoing raging voices of fans on social media fly with it.  

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

This is unfortunate, but the rotten to core outcome of ill and venomous environment was predictable. I am inclined to make F1 media co-responsible for grooming minds of young people to intolerance through downright misleading articles of dubious content with bellicose, nationalistic overtones. You can encounter this trend in politics, and now in sport. Am I in shock? Not really. This goes on for years all over, and I have become used to my toxic relationship with some media.

Here he goes:

Critique of the Race Director? How about you writing protest of similar tone when a Race Director was deciding in favor of Hamilton? (Mexico several years ago). There was none. Do you think I have forgotten? Articles like this one are lacking something - I know, genuine regret.       

I must admit I paused when I read that, but it can be interpreted in another way,, I thought. What if he meant the indecision of letting lapped cars pass, at an earlier time, at first, then changing that decision with a lap left.

29 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I must admit I paused when I read that, but it can be interpreted in another way,, I thought. What if he meant the indecision of letting lapped cars pass, at an earlier time, at first, then changing that decision with a lap left.

I am merely interpreting situation as I understand it. The fact is, there are many people who do critique the Race Director for decisions he made at that last ace. I am not sure why he did it, but he has, just as he let Hamilton accumulate enough points to level his score with Verstappen in previous races.

Masi's authority in the race is absolute, including his powers of discretion, whether we like it, or not. We all know it. Next year his autonomy with be even more strengthen by a new FiA president (so i've read somewhere). 

Masi said to raging Torger on the radio - we came here to race (something to that effect), and I must agree with that. F1 teams were fully cognizant of decision freedom Masi had. If they miscalculated, onus is on the team. i am sorry, but that's how cookie crumbles. I think MB with Hamilton were used to usually accommodating Whiting, and new guy surprised them with a kick where its painful. Good for him.

MB defensive strategy failed. Their fault (re: tires).

The way I see it, when one driver benefits, others are upset. Do you remember Vettel screaming on the radio - f**k Whiting. He was just as outraged by the Race Director's decision that hurt him. He was then called on the carpet all the way to Paris. At the end who was standing on his side? Not those people who are so upset and critiquing Masi today what he did, or what he should have done, in their opinion, etc.

To that all I say  - tough luck. Masi did not break any laws, and if your boy got hurt, let him sort his affairs with his team. There weren't farcical decisions, just the same or very similar to those we have with us for decades.