Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2022)

D/T 2022.01.25  08:09 CET

Last year, the team paired up 2020 Formula 2 champion Mick Schumacher with F2 race winner Nikita Mazepin. Yes, problems were to be expected with how long it would take the pair to get up to speed with the demands of F1. But perhaps more surprising were the occasional flashpoints of rancour out on track, as the pair sought to assert themselves in the team, despite scrapping outside of the points throughout the year.

And there is more...

I do not understand point of this article. Is author really sure that Haas car is better than drivers archived? I would say no to that. Unless he/she drove it, than this is nothing more than just another vitriolic talk from the same windy sources. Article also suggest that both drivers are to blame for personal friction between them, to which I say, tell me more what Schumacher has done wrong. He is polite, measured in responses to question from media, and he is faster than Mazepin, which doesn't sits well with the owner's son. It seems as just his family name is in dark place with some people who adopted attitude of their fathers, but have nothing new to say of their own. 

D/T 2022.01.25  10:29 CET

Hamilton was just lucky.   (Got a best car).

Jan.25 (GMM) Max Verstappen is “very deserving” of his status as reigning world champion – while his 2021 foe Lewis Hamilton benefitted from “luck” to match Michael Schumacher’s record tally of seven titles.

Yes, I think so too.

D/T 2022.01.25  13:24 CET

‘One or two teams will get new regs really badly wrong’

I don't know of course how many teams will be in trouble (err is human), but it is entirely possible that it may happen. This alone is however not a story for me. What I am looking for is something different from what we had in 2014. Teams need to be allowed to work on their mistakes, and recover. Will they be able to do that? I think that is the true story behind such fears. Sophisticated and advanced engineering is full of fallen products (just ask Apple), but F1 seems to be the only place I know where only people who do not make mistakes are allowed to participate. Such was implications of rules we had until now. 

29 minutes ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2022.01.25  13:24 CET

I don't know of course how many teams will be in trouble (err is human), but it is entirely possible that it may happen. This alone is however not a story for me. What I am looking for is something different from what we had in 2014. Teams need to be allowed to work on their mistakes, and recover. Will they be able to do that? I think that is the true story behind such fears. Sophisticated and advanced engineering is full of fallen products (just ask Apple), but F1 seems to be the only place I know where only people who do not make mistakes are allowed to participate. Such was implications of rules we had until now. 

With token system still in place, I highly doubt it. Front teams will eventually move forward again

D/T 2022.01.25  16:11 CET

Ferrari change test plans amid confusion over regulations

Again? I thought Brawn can speak and write english.

7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Front teams will eventually move forward again

What we NEED is somebody 2 come up with another, double diffuser type idea, like Brawn GP did.
To put Button, on top of the world.
I`m thinkin some sort of "trick" breakin system, would B possible in the regs.
If U think about it.  HAVE got, go and stop.  With the aero in the middle.
Go > aero  (resistance/drag) > Stop
At this time, Mercedes HAVE mastered the "Go".  RedBull with Newey R on top of the aero  (resistance/drag).
The  next 2 break the mould will B who master`s the "Stop".

D/T 2022.01.26  08:04 CET

Sky:

"The ruleset is not only enormous - the regulations are about twice the size of what's preceded them - but they're all almost entirely different from what came before them," Allison said in a Mercedes preview video for 2022.

💬 "When the regulations change in such large measure, we approach that with all the fun and relish that the challenge deserves"

Check out the full video, as James sets the scene on a whole new era of F1… 🤓👇

— Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team (@MercedesAMGF1) January 25, 2022

So much for my desires for simplicity in regulatory field. Light regulations, freedom for teams to fly, and renewed spirit of WCC.

Rulesets: technical, sporting, was added financial, and in all likelihood we should expect new one is comming soon. These boys like to write essays.

One has to remember that with mandated budget, teams were at one time promised freedom from restrictions, yet where is it today? Instead, we hear there is even more autocracy and intolerance interjected into this sport.

So, what is it?

Path to US style standardization and destruction of original spirit for team originated innovation? Death of WCC? New deal as a source for false interpretations and endless lawsuits?

This is probably not last time we will hear about that.

"Hamilton has F1 right where he wants it

Despite all the ambiguity surrounding Hamilton, Chandhok doesn't think the seven-time world champion will actually quit. "I'm pretty sure he's still angry, understandably so, but at the end of the day Lewis loves racing and loves winning. He's still at the top of his game." Meanwhile, Hamilton holds his team AND the sport in his grasp. "That's presumably exactly where he wants them."

Oh really Mr. Chandhok. No driver is bigger than the sport. 

Mabe this site is just running out of news... https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/103501/hamilton-now-has-formula-1-exactly-where-he-wants-it.html

D/T 2022.01.27  14:07 CET

Singapore track stays on the calendar for foreseeable future (I think it was 2028). That's good. I like that track. Seb had good results there. Not all locals are however on board with that decision. Air pollution. Noise pollution. Lighting pollution. Energy strains. Some environmentally conscious Singaporeans aren't too happy. Somebody i know is living actually at track side, and she complains that for almost two weeks she can hardly sleep, as preparatory phase, race, and post-race clean up kicks in. Well, we all live with some burden. 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Well, we all live with some burden

Is that UR nickname 4 UR wifey - some burden ?? !! lol

The benefits available living at track side R greater.

D/T 2022.01.28  08:17 CET

FORMULA 1 IN ADVANCED TALKS TO HOLD RACE IN LAS VEGAS

I thought people with gambling tendencies travel to that place in desert to sit at the slot machines, or roulette tables and couldn't care less what's going on the street. After whole night gambling surely sleeping whole day, and in evening hours then rushing back. No time for loud cars.

Well, we shall see.

D/T 2022.01.28  08:54 CET

Young driver can replace Hamilton – Capito

“Personally I don’t really care if he drives or not,” Jost Capito, the boss of the Williams team, told RTL.

Sanity is back. Love you Jost. Refreshing thought after mass hysteria which is going on for far too long. 

D/T 2022.01.28  10:59 CET

Hamilton is very open giving Schumacher advice...

Mick needs probably your car much more than any advice you can muster.

D/T 2022.01.28  13:22 CET

Some teams recommended removing Masi to the FIA

Not surprising. 

They really make difficult to like them. Masi is a victim of all what Whiting left behind him, not a perpetrator, IMO. 

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

not a perpetrator

> More likely, a schemer.
Who is everybody talkin about - NOT the champion - Verstappen.
A calculated decision.
Reminds me of a song:

I think Masi wanted last race for once to finish under competitive conditions. Two protagonists were together, no more free and cheap handovers for Hamilton. If you claim to be that good, prove it. His in-race radio message to Wolff suggests that was exactly his state of mind. Hamilton lost, as a new dragon emerged. World is not ending. Not yet. It might any minute, but not because of that race result.

The dubious process how Hamilton was able to level his score with Verstappen going into last race is still not being addressed. Stewards of the Race are the ones who should be replaced IMO. 

D/T 2022.01.29  09:32 CET

Since the controversial Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the FIA has been under enormous pressure. Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton are putting a lot of pressure on the investigation... 

I am not so sure this is entirely honest headline. From what I am hearing, Mercedes (Germany) is actually inclined to end whole farce. The F1 team is owned today  by 1/3, having minority control only. Balance is owned by Wolff (Austrian) and some English company. It's time Wolff should come clean who is really driving this nonsense, and stop making mockery from a decent brand Mercedes actually is.

Bernie started the process until he sold out.
Now Liberty R furtherin THAT concept sellin TV rights 2 Sky, away from free-to-air viewing.
Which IS, throwin the baby out with the bath water - especially now in the covID world.  Where fans can not travel 2.
The circuits.  The fans R the biggest losers, without fans there is NO show.

I guess Liberty is interested primarily in selling viewing rights on work performed by teams, and track support personnel. 

Sky is blocking any and all free viewing on selected locations in Europe, be it TV, YouTube or other outlets. To some extend viewing is made not available to many in EU even if they wish to pay subscription. All this makes me so often say we need some other Grand Prix series which would be truthfully an international and free of nationalistic politics.

Read this

From where I sit, teams should have massive majority to say how the sporting and technical affairs would be run. It's their money they invest into this sport. It's their work they sweat day and night. Teams deserve autonomy over manner series is run. Liberty should be just a silent partner, whilst FiA a hired gun to police pre-agreed rules of the game. 

Masi did not break any rules. Some people just do not like his decision, that is all to it. 

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

we need some other Grand Prix series which would be truthfully an international and free of nationalistic politics

This currently exists.  The feeder series 2 F1.
GP2, formula Renault.
Formula Renault UK, best known for producing future FIA Formula One World Champions Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton,

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

This currently exists.  The feeder series 2 F1.
GP2, formula Renault.
Formula Renault UK, best known for producing future FIA Formula One World Champions Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton,

My imagination runs on a different track to a different tune.