Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2022)

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

My imagination runs on a different track to a different tune.

I look at things objectively

14 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

I look at things objectively

There are problems with objectivity, and you are no exception. At Oxford they have a full course in philosophy on subject of objectivity, should you be intreated.

NOT just oxford those courses R 10 a penny

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

problems with objectivity, and you are no exception

R U callin me a problem?

There R NO problems, ONLY challenges
Lick UR elbow.
Come on it`s not that difficult with a mouth like UR`S - UR elbow is approx ONLY 1 metre away - lick it.
If U struggle - try the OTHER 1

D/T 2022.01.31  09:06 CET

Indecisiveness is our watchword?

The governing body has now issued a statement, claiming that no decision has been taken yet.

Looks like they do need couple of months (or maybe even more?) to evaluate decision taken by the Race Director in last race, while Masi's name is smeared all over the place on daily basis in (mostly) British media. 

My past idea of having a new GP series at F1 level with membership consisting mostly of manufacturers, sans FiA, and sans any and all London offices is desperately needed.

16 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

NOT just oxford those courses R 10 a penny

R U callin me a problem?

There R NO problems, ONLY challenges
Lick UR elbow.
Come on it`s not that difficult with a mouth like UR`S - UR elbow is approx ONLY 1 metre away - lick it.
If U struggle - try the OTHER 1

Objectivity is a loaded concept based on what you believe is the truth. That itself is problematic, and I would suggest not to dwell on that too much as personal bias creeps in. 

•  

D/T 2022.01.31  14:27 CET

Media group Sky has announced a two-year partnership with Lewis Hamilton's Mission 44 charitable foundation and a £1 million donation to the latter to help its efforts to support and empower young underprivileged people in the UK. 

Commendable, if one believes rich people will decide who gets their money, and who will not, while governments are washing their hands from responsibility creating policies leading to economical disparities and destruction. Back to this case, isn't this act a conflict of interest and should had been avoided as long as Hamilton is racing? Sky is actually commenting on races and influencing public opinion about the sport. Shouldn't they stay neutral? But then, being bias never stop them before, so I am not sure why such in-your-face s*** irks me.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

Commendable, if one believes rich people will decide who gets their money, and who will not

And Sky R doin this 4 free?  
The name SKY F1 BEIN published around the world  - dish or subscription NOT needed

D/T 2022.02.02  07:53 CET

Ogier: Hamilton was ‘robbed’ of title, ‘it was theft’

It's becoming harder by an hour returning to the headline subject, but what else is there to talk about? Point is, I am beginning having doubts whether world went collectively bonkers, or it is me who is lacking proper respect for a chosen one. I don't follow rally (or any other motorsport), but I was given understanding that Sebastien Ogier is a big cheese, winner, and someone who knows a thing or two about racing. OK, good, but what now?

I am not backing of my previously stated opinion, that this is all nonsense, and feeling of self-entitlement has unpleasant odor. I have nothing which would show me otherwise. Hamilton was propelled on score board in questionable manner in previous races, something Sebastien has chosen to ignore. Verstappen was singled out by stewards; act which one or two (non-British) former racers critiqued as unfair, and inconsistent with decisions rendered in other, similar incidents. Hamilton was behind, badly, and help was on its way by slowing Verstappen's progress. That's how they went into the last race. MB team gambled, and it has backfired.

In final stages of the race Hamilton and Verstappen had a go one of one, and the chosen one lost when a rival appeared on his tail with a car which was of similar qualities to a car #44. No more repeat of year 2014 and beyond. Verstappen stepped on it, and moved on.

Blaming tires, race director, and Latifi? How about your own skills and your own support team?

People might not have noticed, but we do continue to have sunrise and sunset as before, despite all whining and crying.

D/T 2022.02.02  11:08 CET

Red Bull question Russell's race pace ahead of Mercedes debut

George Russell's race pace has been questioned ahead of the Briton embarking on his first season with Mercedes.

After three seasons learning F1 with Williams, Russell finally earned the promotion he had long been hoping for and is now set to partner Lewis Hamilton at the reigning constructors' championships.

RB is probably right. We simply don't know.

He earned the promotion? No kidding. How did he earned? By being British? Why not for change choose French Gasly, or a German driver? 

D/T 2022.02.02  12:02 CET

Hamilton distanced himself from Wolff to ensure he doesn’t jeopardise ‘Hollywood future’

Angel distances himself from bad wolf, who has done so many "bad things" to him over years? Oh well.    

D/T 2022.02.02  18:34 CET

I have taken a bried look into history, and I find Hamilton rather an amusing (or sad) figure. In 2008 when he won his first championship, he won by a point or so, on the last lap, going against Glock who drove on tires in poor condition. No one lost a tear for Massa, who ended up second.

Fast forward...

In 2021 Hamilton lost WDC (by 8 points?) on the last lap, allegedly on tires in poor condition. Talking about history repeating itself, and not always best way. 

Two months later we still don't know whether we get through this, or rather Army, Navy, and Air force will need to get involved before it gets all sorted out.

D/T 2022.02.03  08:34 CET

2022 car rules ‘hard to understand’ – Piero Ferrari

So, it's not just me. I am relieved.

“They gave us the ingredients and then there are people who cook a delicious dish and some who cook ones that are less delicious. But I insist that the rules have not been modified – they have been rewritten.

“Yes, I read them, but I admit that it was difficult for me to understand.”

In layman’s terms, F1 has moved to change the cars’ basic aerodynamic philosophy for 2022 and beyond so that grip is produced with ‘ground effect’ rather than from appendages that make it hard for chasing cars to follow.

That bold part (my change) could be good, but will be that? Whilst we read literally truck load of stories about sad driver, I am yet to find an article which would tell me how Brawn and his crowd actually tested concept they converted into spec.

Did they run two cars? In which configuration, which tires, on which track, with which drivers? When? Two years back, or just yesterday? What about design validation phase?

On the other hand, perhaps they did nothing of that kind and specs are based merely on a computer sim. If so, let's hope program was without fatal mistakes. It wouldn't be first time with that (garbage in, garbage out). From past comments, a few leading drivers like Vettel remain skeptical. I guess we need to wait how this ends up, but reading enclosed transcript of the interview with a man who knows a thing or two about race cars, there are probably a few more in paddock who are hiding stress and fear behind smiling faces. 

The truth (or something close to it) will be known soon. I rather suspect we should expect some finger pointing under the blanket. Wrong spec, no, your car is a stupid dud... that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1488891769932722179

Whitmarsh seems to enjoy Seb's company

I don't put too much weight on it. The man who had Seb's back doesn't work there anymore. Coincidentally the same happened at Ferrari. We aren't privy to private discussion between the owner and a person he put there to serve him, so, we simply don't know what the plan is. We need to follow hand, and forget words.

47 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I don't put too much weight on it. The man who had Seb's back doesn't work there anymore. Coincidentally the same happened at Ferrari. We aren't privy to private discussion between the owner and a person he put there to serve him, so, we simply don't know what the plan is. We need to follow hand, and forget words.

There's Krack too

We still don't know how much decision freedom Krack will be afforded. My guess - not that much. I am sure he will be available when someone will have to be blamed.  

Hahahahahahah

Kimi is really an enigma..

“The only story I (Button) can really remember with Kimi, because most of them are a blur, we were out until like 3am in London and I had a house at that point.

“And I was like ‘I’m tired, I’m out of here’. Got in the cab, get home, walk in my house, and Kimi is sat in my living room, alone, I have no idea how he got there.”

D/T 2022.02.04  10:31 CET

I was over winter gathering strength to stay a few days longer, as Sebastian continue his racing. I am also trying to stay positive that things cannot be that bad, yet I dread however that men without soul and character will kill all I am in love with for most of my life. 

Internet continues daily attacks on Verstappen's way to WDC title, as it was he, who has done something unlawful or dirty, and therefore his achievement has no value. One can get violently ill just reading some of the accusations and finger-pointing.

On 2/4/2022 at 9:54 AM, Sakae said:

attacks on Verstappen's way to WDC title, as it was he, who has done something unlawful or dirty, and therefore his achievement has no value.

Reminds me of a sayin.
> There`s no smoke without fire

14 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Reminds me of a sayin.
> There`s no smoke without fire

There are actually smokeless fires too. Where my learning about human character is reaching new lows is an observation, that the same people who are trying to degrade Max's WDC, do not give a squeak over history of last cheap 7 WDCs in someone's cabinet. BTW, I didn't see Massa going into seclusion for a month or two when his WDC was ripped out of his hands on the last lap.

In 2021 we have seen an encounter one on one, which was so badly needed and missing in so many years. So far I can tell, there are people who did enjoyed last race.

24 minutes ago, Sakae said:

There are actually smokeless fires too

and no rumur without foundation

Lebanese proverb

no rain without clouds
no hope without belief

There R LOTS of appropriate sayings.
Though it is better 2 say it.  On - track

17 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

and no rumur without foundation

Lebenese proverb

Yeah, but those were honest people. Times changed. We live today in the world full of alternative realities.