Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2022)

29 minutes ago, Sakae said:

world full of alternative realities

There is ONLY 1 reality.  Anythin else is an alternative.
If U CAN touch it, it is real.
I refer U 2 MC Hammer

16 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

There is ONLY 1 reality.  Anythin else is an alternative.
If U CAN touch it, it is real.

The truth is defined by quality of observation and its interpretation. That's where problem starts. 

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

quality of observation and its interpretation

And the yardstick used 2 quantify.
IF U R the only person in the room you are also consistent with, bein the dumbest person in the room

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

in the world full of alternative realities

But NOTHIN changes.
Still 24 hours IN a day, 7 day`s IN a week.

The ONLY alternative IS;
REMEMBER Sakae - suicide is ALWAYS an option

11 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

But NOTHIN changes.

We should return back to racing. Enough of philosophy. In conclusion, my point is, we will always face controversy in a sporting arena. Not a single controlling rule will cover every potential situation, and that's where consensus plays its role. The TRUTH is often a fuzzy concept which enters the play after we all agree there was anomaly in the race (drivers crash, or similar), however when it comes to "who did it (identifying an instigator)", for now most of time we depend on human interpretation with all its imperfections.  When I think of current Race Stewardship, and compare it to other sports, FiA has open itself to harsh critique (probably rightly so) often with glaring and unashamed bias. Perhaps they could also consider turning off Sky's microphone declaring definite conclusions and passing blame even before investigation started. That's about all from my side. 

2022 Formula 1 calendar

Date Grand Prix Venue
20 March Bahrain Sakhir
27 March Saudi Arabia Jeddah
10 April Australia Melbourne

D/T 2022.02.07  10:07 CET

It's coming!! Some odd 41 days or so to the race.

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

Not a single controlling rule will cover every potential situation,

I think DNF actually DOES cover every potential situation,

10 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

I think DNF actually DOES cover every potential situation,

I beg to differ. There isn't a single rule for every occasion during an Event. What actually FiA created is a set of rules which are applied for different stages of the Event. From A to Z. I thought you might have heard about it. 

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

I beg to differ. There is no a single rule for every occasion during an Event.

I respectfully DISAGREE.
DNF applies 2 ALL events,
Liewise with, second is first of the losers.

D/T 2022.02.08  20:56 CET

Albert Park seems to have done some significant improvements to the circuit. Looks good. Predicted speeds on changed section are insane (330 km/hr), considering proximity of water front. 

D/T 2022.02.09  10:13 CET

DOMENICALI: HAMILTON AN INCREDIBLE ASSET NOT ONLY FOR F1 BUT FOR THE WORLD

If so, I think humanity is perhaps in deeper trouble than previously thought.

D/T 2022.02.09  12:37 CET

The Yomiuri Shimbun: Singapore

The Ministry of Trade and Industry and STB fund 60% of the $135 million night race costs each year, with race promoter Singapore GP footing the rest.

The latest contract is from 2022 until 2028, with this year’s race scheduled for Oct. 2 at the Marina Bay Street Circuit.

Cost seems quite high for what is essentially less than 2 hrs show, and a lot of ra ra around it.

15 minutes ago, Sakae said:

high for what is essentially

U R lookin at it WRONG
It IS the PRESTIGE
The eyes of the world WILL B ON  Singapore and the tourists.

Prestige? What prestige? The one which you can purchase it for your son? Is that's what you are talking about? 

1 minute ago, lipstick79 said:

F1 IS the pinnacle  of motor sport.  The best of the best.

Not everybody believes that. Occasionally I have my own doubts. Disgraceful years since 2014 hardly speak about prestige. 

It is what it is.  Historically, on paper, F1 IS accepted as the pinnacle.  What other series WOULD U assign THAT title 2?

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

It is what it is.  Historically, on paper, F1 IS accepted as the pinnacle.  What other series WOULD U assign THAT title 2?

There is no a such thing. It's all nonsense. The same as Karma. People use such expressions often, but it doesn't mean anything. For qualifiers of this kind you need to create a set of criteria, which do not exist to best of my knowledge. Just because Brits repeat it often, that doesn't makes it any more factual. 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

set of criteria, which do not exist to best of my knowledge

If that criteria does NOT exist, how CAN the FIA WITH givin penalties !!

D/T 2022.02.10  10:58 CET

Martin Brundle: Michael Masi-Red Bull audio at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 'really uncomfortable'

Martin Brundle as usual an impartial voice of reason on the Masi saga

I beg to disagree with the second statement. I do distinctly remember incident in the past when Jason Button asked his team on the radio during a race to have Whiting look at something (and presumably punish Vettel). Button drove Vettel off the circuit despite that Sebastian was already aligned with his front wheels to Button's rear axle. Vettel was subsequently penalized. Mr. Brundle did not express any degree of discomfort then, as far as I recall. Yes, as Vettel's fan I do remember a lot of things which seems today rather tawdry. 

D/T 2022.02.11  19:53 CET

Formula 1 to race in Bahrain until 2036 after contract extension

This is huge. One can only wonder if the F1 will still exist (in this, or other form).

D/T 2022.02.11  23:19 CET

Sebastian Vettel has come to the defence of race director, Michael Masi as he claims that F1 is rapidly becoming an entertainment show as opposed to sport.

I love it.

D/T 2022.02.12  11:07 CET

There is critique of teams on the internet of team's tactics.

Then, on Wednesday came Red Bull, who launched the RB18, Adrian Newey’s latest creation and the car they hope will allow Max Verstappen to defend his World Championship.

Except they didn’t, instead uncovering a contraption that according to renowned F1 technical expert Craig Scarborough was not even legal, with no brakes, no wheel covers, no suspension springs or dampers – and no shame either.

Well, I think Scarborough is part of the problem which he is now shamelessly critique. I am long enough with the F1 to see him unashamedly spying, and through photos or drawings revealing innovations, making it available to teams like McLaren and alike. 

Fact is, I derive no pleasure seeing a prototype in development or the "real thing". What I want to see (and I am not going to get it, thanks Mr. Brown and Co.), are cars piling 10,000 km in pre-season testing, working on it day and night, and when first race-day arrives, I can expect cars which are race ready. But, I guess that's too much to ask for prices which are charged customers.