Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2022)

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/818358/Verstappen_branded_8216officially_not_a_legitimate_champion8217_after_Masi_sacked/

Verstappen branded ‘officially not a legitimate champion’ after Masi sacked

This happen when you play with fire (FiA). Unfortunately for Verstappen, nonsense of this kind will be attached to his achievements for rest of his natural life and beyond. I am not a fan of either, however Max is a champion, whether he deserves it, or not. 

BTW, I think Max Verstappen deserves WDC for his excellent, and competitive performance through the season 2021.

46 minutes ago, Sakae said:

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/818358/Verstappen_branded_8216officially_not_a_legitimate_champion8217_after_Masi_sacked/

This happen when you play with fire (FiA). Unfortunately for Verstappen, nonsense of this kind will be attached to his achievements for rest of his natural life and beyond. I am not a fan of either, however Max is a champion, whether he deserves it, or not. 

BTW, I think Max Verstappen deserves WDC for his excellent, and competitive performance through the season 2021.

Agreed, and being punted off at Silverstone and where else, with no consequences for sir Hamilton.

If that was Vettel...

Mercedes boss, Toto Wolff has warned Michael Andretti that if he is serious about entering F1 he will require a war chest of around $1bn.

This reminds me of the age old joke, how to make a million in the F1.

You start with a billion...

Complains about tech rules are begging to roll on. Wrong interpretations, that's not what we wanted, and so on. I thought Brawn & Co. do speak English, and are experienced enough to write suitable technical and sporting specs. They had more than two years for it, but no such lack. First day, and here we go again...

Masi was thrown under the bus.

Verstappen: Masi needed more help around him

Verstappen went on to say that Masi just needed more time and experience to establish himself as a similar authority to the late Charlie Whiting.

That's what I've said much earlier. Certain media really did a job on him. Vettel made a right call when he defended Aussie.

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Kimi is busy lol.. Meet the new team principal for the Kawasaki Racing Team in MXGP

lcimg-b1fa7928-b879-4b9c-b8fe-693d22d773

🙂🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟 Thats cool

VERSTAPPEN: A LITTLE BIT EASIER TO STAY BEHIND OTHER CARS

Well, that was the intent of the change in specs. So, what about side-by-side movement (overtaking)? I think we need to wait for that.

Target 40% accomplished?

Staying behind the car is one thing, but ultimately a driver needs to come close, stay in shadows, and pounce when opportunity strikes, or create his own opportunity. I think that was the primary objective of the change. (To state obvious.)

Initially I didn't pay attention to some rumors that Masi actually stepped down on his own. (Maybe before he was told...)

Reason could be, that he and his family had received allegedly dead threats. I don't know what kind of a background a person has to have for doing such things, but maybe there are one too many war games in the digital world, and people are confused what is a real life, and what is trash on the internet.

13 hours ago, Sakae said:

Well, that was the intent of the change in specs. So, what about side-by-side movement (overtaking)? I think we need to wait for that.

Target 40% accomplished?

Staying behind the car is one thing, but ultimately a driver needs to come close, stay in shadows, and pounce when opportunity strikes, or create his own opportunity. I think that was the primary objective of the change. (To state obvious.)

Do we even think it's possible? Air from another car will always affect the one behind. For me it's positive news. We shall see how it tranlates during a race

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Initially I didn't pay attention to some rumors that Masi actually stepped down on his own. (Maybe before he was told...)

Reason could be, that he and his family had received allegedly dead threats. I don't know what kind of a background a person has to have for doing such things, but maybe there are one too many war games in the digital world, and people are confused what is a real life, and what is trash on the internet.

True

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Do we even think it's possible? Air from another car will always affect the one behind. For me it's positive news. We shall see how it tranlates during a race

Max said it's better than last years.

19 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Max said it's better than last years.

Yes, but I don't think they will be able to really produce more than that 40%. Maybe with smaller increments as time goes by.

D/T 2022.02.26  11:37 (CET)

Haas / Russian driver

Rumors are circulating that Mazepin might leave Haas before season ends.

F1 reader:

Should Nikita Mazepin be unable to race in Formula 1, Haas team boss Guenther Steiner has confirmed the seat would be offered to reserve driver Pietro Fittipaldi.

No one from Andretti camp? (Not that I care one way or another).

GROSJEAN VOTED MOST POPULAR INDYCAR DRIVER BY FANS

Good for you, Romain. Congratulation. I really mean it.

i'ts only F1 suffocating with hate couldn't find anything good on you. 

An American driver at an American team would be perfect marketing, Andretti also sees. "It's good for him (Herta) to know he has that in him,"

It's only MB team which "cannot find" anything good in German born drivers...

Seb, Nick. Mick...a few others are available. (I don't think that Mick will ever drive for Ferrari with current management in place).

Even Mario Andretti winning the World Championship didn't popularize F1 in the USA in the '70s. There's no crossover of fans from US racing leagues. I totally believe NASCAR fans have forgotten Jimmie Johnson now that he's in IndyCar.  The US mainstream sports media would pay attention to Herta in F1 only momentarily, if he suffered a Grosjean-level crash. Another barrier to clear is that your average American sports-bar denizen doesn't even consider motor racing to be a "sport." A serious PR campaign by the racing industry would be needed to overcome that.

Welcome anjo.

I hold similar opinion. I am somewhat skeptical about F1 ever becoming household name in US, like NASCAR, baseball, etc.  F1 is rarity for a few, however I cannot see it as anything more. I've said this long time ago, that for F1 to show up once a year and quickly disappear for a year is nothing more, but inadequate strategy.

US has pretty good women football (soccer) team, yet it is still considered a fringe sport. Even hockey struggled/struggles for acceptance in adult world. 

Baseball, US football, and Basketball are often quoted as the only major sports on the planet. I would put down a few bucks on bet, that even if Herta would win the F1 WDC, it would make at home headlines for a day or two, followed with couple of interviews, and hoopla would die next day. 

US is not tha F1 land. Not today. It's just for some a circus is in town over the weekend, and that's it. Nothing more.

D/T 2022.02.28  11:33 (CET)

Speaking to a lot of folks in the Indycar paddock this weekend. The Andretti F1 project is serious. Very serious. They could pay the entry fee as chump change. And in a non budget capped era have funding to make the top 3 wince. No wonder the establishment are worried.

— Will Buxton (@wbuxtonofficial) February 27, 2022

What on earth is Mr. Buxton talking about? Maybe a memo didn't reach him in his cave, however there is that little issue of Budget limit, so what is the point of his ha-ha rumbling about big US guy is coming to beat poor EU guys. Fact is, how much money on upside Andretti can spend is irrelevant. For Andretti Global max is only as much as others can spend.

To W. Buxton I say, just facts, man, and keep your opinions for some other time and place.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

is Mr. Buxton talking about?

Andretti Global just received a LOT of FREE marketin / publicity WITHOUT doin ANYTHIN

Interesting tidbit from a reader on gpblog...

VeganWarrior +2048928-02-2022 17:00

We also know Mercedes had.no development tokens.spent last season. The w12 was practically the w11, with some tweaks.
Thats was the strategy then focus on the development of the w13, smart on Mercedes side.