Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2022)

D/T 2022.02.28  19:46 (CET)

26 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Interesting tidbit from a reader on gpblog...

VeganWarrior +2048928-02-2022 17:00

We also know Mercedes had.no development tokens.spent last season. The w12 was practically the w11, with some tweaks.
Thats was the strategy then focus on the development of the w13, smart on Mercedes side.

D/T 2022.02.28  19:46 (CET)

This merely confirms that once again (as in 2014), we aren't all on the same baseline and I dare to predict we will see it on the track. We cannot expect teams have equal brainpower, resources, or they all are playing clean. Unless we standardize everything, differences will always exist. I do remain convinced that monetary budget is just expensive administrative bureaucracy and nuisance. Let them loose, I say, and we can forget about tokens and other nonsense of that kind. They want WCC, so, let them have it.

51 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Thats was the strategy then focus on the development of the w13, smart on Mercedes side.

I would hardly call it smart, losing the 2021 WDC crown.
Surely would have been smarter 2 wrap up BOTH titles B4 the shenanigans on the last lap of the last race.

38 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

I would hardly call it smart, losing the 2021 WDC crown.
Surely would have been smarter 2 wrap up BOTH titles B4 the shenanigans on the last lap of the last race.

May I suggest you ought to really re-think how you cut and paste various quotes. This issue has been raised with you in the past, however here you go again. Comment in your response is assigned to my alias, however it was not my quote. Please go back and read the original Brad's post. 

FIA TO DISCUSS RUSSIA-UKRAINE INVASION, MAZEPIN FUTURE UNCERTAIN

There is nothing to discuss IMO. Whether the expulsion of Mazepin would be fair or not is not an issue. The decision needs to be taken in terms of consistency within framework of other disciplinary measures undertaken by family of nations in response to sad events of past a few days.  FIFA already decided not to include Russian teams in the championship, and there was more. FiA on moral grounds has no choice but act, and act quickly. Second test is coming. Haas needs the decision this week (I am guessing). 

D/T 2022.03.01 10:46 UTC

GP247 / Binotto:

“When you see different conceptual choices, you expect to see that translated on track too with a performance difference.

“Instead I think the cars will converge with the performance even if they are very different in the forms,” the Swiss-born Italian predicted.

I find Binotto's prediction rather intriguing. That's not what I've expected/-ing.

D/T 2022.03.01 12:22 UTC

'From the CAD data for the legality check of the updates it is already apparent that some teams are sailing close to the wind and coming up with solutions that are not entirely in keeping with the spirit of the regulations.' Ultimately, it is up to the FIA to monitor this and intervene if necessary.

Spirits? WTH...

You guys sitting in a posh jobs for several years, and I am assuming you are getting paid. Why for once don't you cannot write specs without invoking spirits? You speak English, don't you.

Write rule book in German, and you will be surprised how spirits disappear in one afternoon. 

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Why for once don't you cannot write specs

English is obviously NOT UR first language.

Former F1 driver Daniil Kvyat has criticised the International Olympic Committee for mixing sport with politics after it called for bans to be handed out to Russian athletes.

It will be probably a package deal, bud.

D/T 2022.03.01 21:30 UTC

FIA: RUSSIAN FLAG FLYING TEAMS AND DRIVERS BANNED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Hard to say anything intelligent about this.

D/T 2022.03.02 12:47 UTC

Max Verstappen the 2021 Formula 1 World Champion has agreed on a lucrative long-term contract extension with Red Bull said to be worth around €250-million over the next five years, Dutch media reported on Wednesday.

Impressive.

D/T 2022.03.02 13:31 UTC

The announced ban has implications for Haas and Russian driver Nikita Mazepin. Under the FIA rules announced on Tuesday, Mazepin can race in F1 this season, however he now will be barred from entering the British Grand Prix in July. The only option for Mazepin at this time would be to race would be under a different nationality.

FiA really made dog's breakfast out of that issue. Seb doesn't want to go there (Rusland)...

BE would ignore politics...

D/T 2022.03.02 20:27 UTC

https://link.theplatform.com/s/rksNhC/0e8DUbs1Vs7l?mbr=true&format=redirect&manifest=m3u&format=redirect&Tracking=true&Embedded=true&formats=MPEG4

Greed.  Nice rant on MSNBC morning show.

The F1 is not apparently alone in that department. 

Then new specs...

Formula 1’s protest season has ‘already started’

This promises action on and off the track.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

BE would ignore politics..

Which in turn would B a bad thing.
Bernie WOULD like people discussin F1 though, in the way it currently IS.
> My thoughts R that this IS school yard behaviour - 2 wrongs DON`T make a right.

12 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Which in turn would B a bad thing.
Bernie WOULD like people discussin F1 though, in the way it currently IS.
> My thoughts R that this IS school yard behaviour - 2 wrongs DON`T make a right.

D/T 2022.03.03 6:35 UTC

My (sophomoric) thoughts on the subject: firstly, this discussion concerns the F1 only due to the fact, that an event is (was?) scheduled in a country at war. Sanctions imposed by various parties on warring factions carry potential consequences on properties and actors of the F1. We simply cannot predict what would happen, if anything, to materials and personnel transported in and out of Sochi. 

Excluding this one particular event appears to be primarily a political statement. Is F1 a political entity? Of course not. Let's feather therefore the brakes.

My own discomfort is with selective rhetoric we are presented with. For example, one of many, Russian subjects were (are) living in comfort in UK, yet suddenly after attack on Ukraine.their properties were overnight declared by UK govern. as “there will be nowhere to hide your ill-gotten gains". Really? You didn't know about it yesterday? Not that I disagree, but the hypocrisy around here is overwhelming.

We would be better off to end this discussion, and focus on forthcoming season, a subject much more pleasant. The race in Sochi seems no-go at the moment, so there is no point to talk about it. BE, the old man of F1, sometimes utters something which pleases my ears, but he has also said a lot of things which drove me literally to the brink of insanity. Today he is a man of respected age, and we have to live with it. Locking him in a closet is basically non-starter. If I live as long as he has, I might be also dribbling my thoughts which may not please everyone.

Back to racing, please.

D/T 2022.03.03 10:23 UTC

It has been reported Max Verstappen signed his contract with RBR until 2028. It appears then that a position of leading driver with that team is settled, at least for next a few years. Ferrari has their drivers also until (I think 2025). Sainz is almost certain to get drive for next 2 or 3 years. Where does this leaves Mick Schumacher is a good question. I used to like Binotto, but today for some reason I wonder why. I am not trying to say he is a bad man, not at all, but I wish he would be little more honest in public arena with candidates for Ferrari racing seat, and release them to seek job elsewhere. Maybe a hatched job he has done on Seb left me with bitter feelings. 

So, what's left? Not much. Mercedes after Hamilton, Alpine after Alonso, and midfield. It would be nice if leading part of the grid (I term it as Tier 1) would expand at least to 6 teams which can compete for podium on regular basis. I am not convinced that we are there as yet.

RBR,  Mercedes,  Ferrari,      ... probably Alpine / McLaren,   ...AlphaTauri...rest of them. More is coming shortly. People promised a lot of upgrades. That could shake up my perceptions from ground up. 

D/T 2022.03.03 12:37 UTC

Mazepin is cleared to participate in racing, however what about financial support by his father for Haas? PM Johnson seems on the attack. I don't know whether he included Mazepin Sr. on his list of people of interest, but one wonders if Haas has a plan B if lighting strikes.  Perhaps selling the team to Andretti could be a final solution if his hand is forced.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2022.03.03 12:37 UTC

Mazepin is cleared to participate in racing, however what about financial support by his father for Haas? PM Johnson seems on the attack. I don't know whether he included Mazepin Sr. on his list of people of interest, but one wonders if Haas has a plan B if lighting strikes.  Perhaps selling the team to Andretti could be a final solution if his hand is forced.

Haas seems to have tied the knot: Nikita Mazepin will not drive for the team from America this season. This is reported by the German Sky Sports. As a result, it also seems increasingly likely that UralKali will not be found on the car in 2022.

D/T 2022.03.03 18:53 UTC

This is rather surprising for me personally. There must be much more hidden out of our sight and ears. I am not sure whether I should trust Sky, but that's huge.

WOLFF: I DON’T WANT TO SPEAK TO MASI EVER AGAIN

Oh calm down, Toto. FiA was protecting your team from competition attack for about 7 years, and no one said we don't want to talk to them again. Being reasonable is my main thought here.

In a clip from an interview with the seven-time World Champion in the popular Netflix series, Hamilton hinted while discussing Verstappen’s driving that he tries to overcome “bullies” in close contact.

Really? 

Not that I disagree, however my question is, where was your judgement when Verstappen displayed almost dangerous behavior on track aginst Vettel, and was applauded for it. Vettel's name consequently was dragged in mud of shame just because on his defensive moves it affected tight proximity of other drivers on that location. When I was defending Vettel, i was then lectured - it's racing!! 

It is clear that in sports, just as in life outside of a sporting arenas people are occasionally driven by emotions, rather than cool headed judgements. Hamilton suddenly become religious because it suits him in his public projection, and that's a shame because like it or not, it screams loud and has written hypocricy all over. 

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

it screams loud and has written hypocricy all over.

^^^ Such a racist comment.

3 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

^^^ Such a racist comment.

I am not sure what are you referring to, because that was not my intent, but I wish Hamilton stood up Verstappen when Vettel was victim. Sometimes timing is everything. 

U do NOT understand  F1 - it is NOT about standing up 4 things/people - everybody IS equal.
F1 IS about raisin awareness - to a fizzy drink !!! - Situations brought 2 attention, F1 IS talked about  - sponsors R seen.

Just now, lipstick79 said:

U do NOT understand  F1 - it is NOT about standing up 4 things/people - everybody IS equal.
F1 IS about raisin awareness - to a fizzy drink !!! - Situations brought 2 attention, F1 IS talked about  - sponsors R seen.

There are as many perceptions what F1 is. Mine is merely different one from one you are describing in your response. Neither of us is right or wrong. Simply just different. It would be difficult to submit a logical argument based on facts in post facts world we live today. Personal values are just that, personal.