Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2022)

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

many perceptions what F1 is.

homology  - the modern F1 with different interpretations.

1 minute ago, lipstick79 said:

homology  - the modern F1 with different interpretations.

What do you mean by "modern F1"? 

The F1 motor-sport was never static (unchanged standard). F1 cars always changed during seasons, and in between season. Always "modern". One can perhaps identify different periods by some significant features. Hybrid PU under brainless rules, Normally Aspirated Engines period, etc. That's how I look at it. 

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

What do you mean by "modern F1"? 

As it say`s - NOT referin 2 F1 that eg Sterling Moss, Fangio or even Senna ... competed IN.
It is apples and oranges - only F1 BY name.

D/T 2022.03.09 17:16 UTC

The European Union have added Nikita Mazepin, and father Dmitry, to its list of individuals sanctioned because of their connection to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Mazepin was sacked by Haas on Saturday, with its Uralkali sponsorship also terminated, and expressed disappointment at the situation during a briefing with media on Wednesday.

Mazepin's position with the F1 was untenable.

Y R U FEEDIN 
The Hamilton circus ??

Who CARES where Hamilton IS ???
What HAS Hamilton ACHIEVED ?
ONLY as good as the competition.
>What IS the competition - been there B4, past it -Has beens.
In the FIRST season against REAL competition
Hamilton FOLDED.
The GLORY goes 2 Red Bull HONDA
>NOT Bcos Hamilton IS black but,
because Verstappen did BETTER - over the season

D/T 2022.03.22 10:10 UTC

JV:

Another big loser of the new 2022 season so far is McLaren.

“All that experience, knowledge and skill in car design,” 1997 world champion Jacques Villeneuve told the Dutch publication Formule 1. “It’s unbelievable that they screwed up like this.

I had less expectations of Aston Martin, who copied Mercedes for so many years that maybe they forgot how to design their own car,” the Canadian added.

Competing at the top takes more than ambition and money,” Villeneuve insisted. “Formula 1 is a special sport. It’s not just marketing and branding.

...as i thought as well. 

D/T 2022.03.22 12:57 UTC

Alonso: Overtaking in F1 still difficult despite 2022 rules

Alpine driver Fernando Alonso thinks that following other cars has been made easier by the 2022 rules, but overtaking will still be difficult in Formula 1 this year.

If the goal was to introduce major specs permitting car overtaking, then this is bad new for everyone. Who wants to drive behind and pretend that's an achievement?

D/T 2022.03.23 6:57 UTC

I see headlines popping up about Liberty setting up 30 races per season.

This subject has been discussed many times already, and it is difficult to say anything new which wasn't said already.

I think it's terrible idea. Let's leave it at that for today.

22 hours ago, Sakae said:

Alonso: Overtaking in F1 still difficult despite 2022 rules

I disagree with this assessment. 2022 Has made following other cars easier, and there is DRS available with everyone to make overtaking easier if you are following the car in front closely.

DRS in this new era are supposedly very weak, and almost ineffective due to new aero. We need to remember that so early in the season we are relying on testimony of drivers, not someone on sidelines. is Alonso wrong? I cannot judge. From what i am hearing, this is most likely last year with DRS.

Ferrari

Not too long ago I was reading salty condemnation of Ferrari's approach, especially they do not built a car in England, or hire British experts. They will NEVER succeed. 

Well, I think they are OK so far. I am not sure for how long, but, Italian blood is red and full of vitality. 

D/T 2022.03.24 15:36 UTC

F1's engine freeze: What is it and how will it affect teams?

Formula 1’s power unit freeze comes into force this season, which means the engine specification used in the 2022 Bahrain GP will be raced for four full seasons.

I have only one question, namely, who are you people behind such *^$^# ideas?

23 hours ago, Sakae said:

Formula 1’s power unit freeze comes into force this season, which means the engine specification used in the 2022 Bahrain GP will be raced for four full seasons.

If that IS true, then we have Ferrari domination coming in for 4 straight years by the look of it...

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

Ferrari domination coming in for 4 straight years by the look of it.

JUST like the past - 2014-2021 Mercedes dominance

How can Mercedes have got their PU soo wrong?
The Mercedes PU is makin Alpine/Renault power look good.
F1 definitely NEEDS a new PU  supply.
Honda HAS finally sorted itself out since, the failed Mclaren Honda project.
The Mclaren road car delivers BETTER performance than the Mclaren F1 car.
For a 1 off Zak SHOULD enter the road car for a race.
It WOULD boost the sales.

D/T 2022.03.31 14:45 UTC

F1 is suppose to race in Las Vegas.

At 22:00 - 24:00 local time, racing at est. 340 [km/hr] on the strip straight.

Apparently some people are pleased. 

Rosberg is back with Williams replacing the Canadian? The World is a weird place.

Of course I forgot what day it is...

16 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2022.03.31 14:45 UTC

F1 is suppose to race in Las Vegas.

At 22:00 - 24:00 local time, racing at est. 340 [km/hr] on the strip straight.

Apparently some people are pleased. 

D/T 2022.04.01 6:21 UTC

Surer on Las Vegas GP '81: "Most F1-unworthy circuit ever

Yeah, but it's not about racing at all Mr. Surer. Ever since people from FIRE "industry" and alike got involved, F1 went to different direction. Decades ago when German Mercedes CEO (Jürgen Hubert) said, let's establish manufacturers racing series, several people knifed him in his back for that thought, and UK fans and media cried how that will be the end of racing. Many so called fans are probably until today unaware, that F1 has its roots in Grand Prix style racing by manufacturers like Mercedes.

Today we have what we have.

Wow

But if F1 had any sense at all, someone should find Vettel a role, potentially as an understudy to CEO Stefano Domenicali, to ensure his wisdom is not lost to the sport.

F1 could do far worse than having Vettel as Domenicali's successor when the time comes.

This is first time in my 48 years with the F1, when a driver I support (Prost, M. Schumacher, Vettel) received such recognition in media. Of course this is just an idle talk, but nevertheless very warm consideration and recognition on man's unselfish, straight and uncomplicated character.