Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 pre-season testing (2022)

Verstappen and that other one what's his name are silent, for now. The real show down is yet to come. (March 19, Q3?)

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Verstappen and that other one what's his name are silent, for now. The real show down is yet to come. (March 19, Q3?)

Apparently teams will be looking to show speed tomorrow, because of restrictive testing... 

No glory run from Leclerc... seems he's still going... Autosport shows C3, therace C2 (as I typed, they've now corrected it to C3)

Merc is really suffering from porpoising... I think they are trying to find solutions asap. Not a quick fix I read. Another illegal private test coming up?

Times are a-tumbling

18:12 Gasly closes to within almost two-tenths of leader Leclerc's time with a 1m20.030s to go P2 overall. Almost, Pierre.

Notice, these are the teams that are suffering less with porpoising

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Corrected: Time of Gasly set on C4's

2nd Correction: Seems Vettel did not go out on track again

Gasly in AlphaTauri beat Ricciardo in McLaren, while both on C4 tires. (I am of course not privy to fuel loads).

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

As things stand.. AM is about 1s off Ferrari... scary

For peace of my mind I am trying not to think about it.

18:38 Given the struggles Alfa Romeo had yesterday and this morning, it has been a really impressive afternoon for Zhou. He's already got 63 laps on the board and is P8 with a 1m21.885s.

Pierre Gasly claimed that he felt confident in AlphaTauri's AT03 straight out of the box

Love his confidence. Helmut has to get him back, if there is any fairness left in this crazy world of ours.

22 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Love his confidence. Helmut has to get him back

It IS just strategy NOT confidence.
If lookin 2 get into a seat - talk URself UP - Then IF not perform - can always say, SHOULD have hired me - I WOULD have done better.
If DOES perform - ONLY doin what they paid 4.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

Love his confidence. Helmut has to get him back, if there is any fairness left in this crazy world of ours.

Not a good idea. Unless he's released from the RBR "programme". He should look elsewhere. Wish he was in the Merc car with Hamilton as teammate. Just look at the current RBR car. It's designed around Max' driving style, Perez has publically stated this now. 

Pierre will struggle again against Max. Not because he's not up to it, not because he is not seen as top tier, he certainly is ( He seems very underrated), but because this particular event has conspired against him.

He seems a very nice guy too.

He will have to be another John Wick, doing an impossible task.

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Not a good idea. Unless he's released from the RBR "programme". He should look elsewhere. Wish he was in the Merc car with Hamilton as teammate. Just look at the current RBR car. It's designed around Max' driving style, Perez has publically stated this now. 

Pierre will struggle again against Max. Not because he's not up to it, not because he is not seen as top tier, he certainly is ( He seems very underrated), but because this particular event has conspired against him.

He will have to be another John Wick, doing an impossible task.

That's what happen when sport becomes mostly nationalistic affair through its promotions. When a French (German,.Japanese, or other) journalist was delegated to comment about a race on global scale? We learn how many times British drivers went into washroom and puffed, but nothing much about the others, unless there is some dirt to dish out on them.  

George Russell believes Mercedes are currently behind Ferrari and McLaren, as the Formula 1 World Champions’ second testing day was far from ideal.

The boy has an opinion? Great.

Merc drivers not on podium? Ultra, ultra great.

D/T 2022.02.25  09:42 (CET)

Day 3 of ...something ... they said it's testing

TEAM DRIVER (SESSION)
Mercedes George Russell (AM), Lewis Hamilton (PM)
Red Bull Max Verstappen (AM), Sergio Perez (PM)
Ferrari Charles Leclerc (AM), Carlos Sainz (PM)
McLaren Lando Norris (AM), Daniel Ricciardo (PM)
Alpine Fernando Alonso (AM), Esteban Ocon (PM)
AlphaTauri Pierre Gasly (AM), Yuki Tsunoda (PM)
Aston Martin Sebastian Vettel (AM), Lance Stroll (PM)
Williams Nicholas Latifi (AM), Alex Albon (PM)
Alfa Romeo Zhou Guanyu (AM), Valtteri Bottas (PM)
Haas Nikita Mazepin (AM), Mick Schumacher (PM)

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Just ask him 4 his number.
U KNOW what they say about nice guy`s - finish last.
People who are decent, friendly, and agreeable tend to be unsuccessful because they are outmaneuvered or overwhelmed by others who are not so decent, friendly, or agreeable.

Leaderboard

1. Verstappen, Red Bull, 1m20.683s, C3 - 20 laps
  2. Alonso, Alpine, 1m21.242s, C3 - 12
  3. Norris, McLaren, 1m21.397s, C3 - 17
  4. Leclerc, Ferrari, 1m22.778s, C2 - 15
  5. Vettel, Aston Martin, 1m22.859s, C2 - 14
  6. Gasly, AlphaTauri, 1m23.054s, C4 - 21
  7. Albon, Williams, 1m23.618s, C3 - 13
  8. Russell, Mercedes, 1m24.592s, C2 - 23
  9. Zhou, Alfa Romeo, 1m24.938s, C2 - 12
  10. Mazepin, Haas, 1m26.229s, C3 - 9

Sainz claims that we have seen nothing yet what Ferrari can do (team did not seek performance yet).