Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 pre-season testing (2022)

10 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Toto is worried

Did he tell U that, over a beer or somethin ?
He may appear concerned.  After the YEARS of Hamilton`s walk in the park.  Sunday drivin 2 the titles.
Keep UR friends close but keep UR enemies closer.

I don't understand this We are outsiders talk from Binotto. They have claimed to build an engine called Superfast for 2 years now. They have had ample time to prepare, resources to rival the top 2. Yet, there is always these excuses that pop up when things seem to get difficult. We have'nt even started  a race yet! With this mentality they won't rule I bet

18 hours ago, Sakae said:

Welcome back, Lyria. I do understand and agree with you about him often playing victim, however this year it is slightly different. He is lower on the grid than usual, and engineering staff confirmed car has serious problems. They may not be on top of it in the first race. Maybe later on after fix. Car is really bottoming up.

17 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

WB Lyria.... *Hugs*

Hey guys 😀

Well you could be right about MB but for me Hamilton has cried Wolff ;) once too often, I simply don't believe him anymore.

The other question is, well Ricciardo be fit to drive by next Sunday? When they took those anti war pictures, was he standing too close to the others? He was very close to Vettel, Bottas, Sainz and Russell. Let's hope none of them go down with covid as well!

9 minutes ago, Lyria said:

The other question is, well Ricciardo be fit to drive by next Sunday? When they took those anti war pictures, was he standing too close to the others? He was very close to Vettel, Bottas, Sainz and Russell. Let's hope none of them go down with covid as well!

Ouch, now you really get me worry, Lyria. 

They keep telling us how easily these latest variations are passed on and it got me wondering is all. I hope I'm very wrong and they will all be fine, but at the time of the pictures Ricciardo was testing negative for the virus, so I assume they wouldn't see it as being a problem.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Are you kidding me?

Yes very positive news. He sees potential in the car. AMR was very low-key during testing, just did their thing. Running programmes etc. Vettel said it's going to beadifficult week assimilating the data

31 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes very positive news. He sees potential in the car. AMR was very low-key during testing, just did their thing. Running programmes etc. Vettel said it's going to beadifficult week assimilating the data

Yeah, interpreting correctly data is only start. Developing and acting on corrective and improvement plans is another. Not all in one week. I would like to know what he meant by stating that next week we will see something else. Upgrades? New strategies? No more sandbagging?

Adding to that he said we don't really know the true pecking order, from top down. Maybe they can see something about the Merc we mere mortals can't, even MadMax don't trust a word they (Merc /drivers) say. One has to wonder about the Haas and Alfa at times...

What is he implying?

22 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Adding to that he said we don't really know the true pecking order, from top down. Maybe they can see something about the Merc we mere mortals can't, even MadMax don't trust a word they (Merc /drivers) say. One has to wonder about the Haas and Alfa at times...

What is he implying?

I take it on face value what Seb said. RBR, MB and Ferrari do need to sort out their positions. I think MB will recover in later races, but not in the first one. 

Seb also said, and I have the same feeling, mid pack of four teams is tight. One can only wonder if there are any back-markers left. (Williams, Haas, and maybe also Alfa.)

It's easy to underestimate those teams based on old criteria, but the thing is, there is a new brave world out there, and we might get a huge surprise.

On 3/12/2022 at 10:03 PM, Lyria said:

Hamilton claims they don't have the fastest car this year. Funny, he's said that for the last few years. I don't believe him ;)

I'll only believe it, when I see it at the first race!

https://scuderiafans.com/best-mini-section-times-recorded-for-each-team-across-2022-bahrain-f1-testing/

This here is a very interesting chart. Redbull seems to be packing a punch if this table is anything to go by...

Alfa Romeo and Haas could also pose a surprise in the midfield. And who knows, with the kind of PU issues being reported by Alpine, these guys could be fighting for 5th or 6th best constructors..