Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 pre-season testing (2022)

Recommended Posts


# Driver Team Time Laps
1 C. Leclerc Ferrari 1:20.165 49
2 G. Russell Mercedes 1:20.784 50
3 L. Norris McLaren 1:21.866 31
4 M. Verstappen Red Bull 1:22.246 55
5 Y. Tsunoda AlphaTauri 1:22.692 21
6 F. Alonso Alpine 1.23.317 33
7 N. Latifi Williams 1:23.379 33
8 S. Vettel Aston Martin 1:23.659 23

 

So much for cars being (almost) the same theory. AM is about 3.5 sec off the pace, so I guess they are readying themselves for big and impressive comeback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its just first test of the season, no point in making conclusions out of the test times... True colors would be reveled in the first qualifying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vettel doesn't has a habit driving in 8th place, if he has under him a capable car. He will drive 0.5 - 0.3 sec off the top speed in the testing. I do agree, at the moment there is no reason to panic, but I dare to say, AM has an unidentified problem and is not matching top 5. Alternative explanation could be, that Whitmarsh has decided role for Vettel to play second fiddle to Stroll Jr., and therefore he carries out slow tasks today. 

Vettel is recorded on one website in 8th place, other one in 7th, and now I see him in 4th place. That reporting can't be all correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AM was able to do 38 installation laps in comparison to Verstappen's 67. 

38 laps is on the low end compared to rivals.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sakae said:

AM was able to do 38 installation laps in comparison to Verstappen's 67. 

38 laps is on the low end compared to rivals.-

Probably systems checks and all that...

 

I hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Probably systems checks and all that...

 

I hope

Traditionally that's how it used to be first 1/2 day.  Scanning grid today, that (assumed) system check at AM took somewhat longer than most on the grid. Why?  Maybe I am nervous because if you look back a few years, it was always Vettel who was sitting idly, while others were training on the track. Since 2014 things hardly ever went right for him with the equipment when a season rolled on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Traditionally that's how it used to be first 1/2 day.  Scanning grid today, that (assumed) system check at AM took somewhat longer than most on the grid. Why?  Maybe I am nervous because if you look back a few years, it was always Vettel who was sitting idly, while others were training on the track. Since 2014 things hardly ever went right for him with the equipment when a season rolled on.

Yeah I know, I'm getting more worried as this goes on.... full 2nd behind Ferrari on C3's. I know it's early days.. BUT....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning:

Quote

Leclerc - 80
Verstappen - 80
Russell - 77
Latifi - 66
Alonso - 54
Vettel - 52
Norris - 50
Tsunoda - 44
Mazepin - 20
Kubica - 9

I have no idea what's going on with afternoon guys like Stroll.  Some records wildly differ from one report to another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stroll is probably on a different programme. C2 tire, and P12 with 45 min to go. Laps = ? (not stated)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Day 1 - final standings

1) Lando Norris, McLaren, 1m19.568, C4 tyre

2) Charles Leclerc, Ferrari, 1m20.165, C3 

3) Carlos Sainz, Ferrari, 1m20.416 C3

4) George Russell, Mercedes, 1m20.784, C3 

5) Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1m20.929 C3 

6) Sebastian Vettel, Aston Martin, 1m21.276, C3 

7) Yuki Tsunoda, AlphaTauri, 1m21.638, C3 

8) Fernando Alonso, Alpine, 1m21.746, C2 

9) Max Verstappen, Red Bull, 1m22.246, C2 

10)  Valtteri Bottas, Alfa Romeo, 1m22.572 C3

11) Alex Albon, Williams, 1m22.760 C3

12) Mick Schumacher, Haas, 1m22.962 C3

13) Lance Stroll, Aston Martin, 1m23.327 C2

Top teams have good reliability. Just as last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Here's how many laps each team completed on day one in Barcelona:

Ferrari - 153

Red Bull - 147

Williams - 132

Mercedes - 127

Alpine - 127

AlphaTauri - 121

Aston Martin - 119

McLaren - 103

Haas - 43

Alfa Romeo - 32

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st day my conclusion:

  • Mercedes, RBR, Ferrari, McLaren are ahead in this first day.
  • AlphaTauri - it is not certain where they are. We need more info.
  • AM and Alpine were both¬†struggling today.¬†It seems that it might¬†not be easy (again) for their drivers¬†to slot in the top 10, unless something, something...
  • Others - the usual business.

There were reports that AM was late with the car development. Rumour was denied, and AM of course fielded the car (maybe just to please the boss), but in what condition is it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sakae said:

 

  • Mercedes, RBR, Ferrari, McLaren are ahead in this first day.

So nothin HAS changed then.
Then the above sister teams, makin up the field.
The ONLY anomaly would B IF Alpine/Renault came up with somethin unexpected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sakae said:

1st day my conclusion:

  • Mercedes, RBR, Ferrari, McLaren are ahead in this first day.
  • AlphaTauri - it is not certain where they are. We need more info.
  • AM and Alpine were both¬†struggling today.¬†It seems that it might¬†not be easy (again) for their drivers¬†to slot in the top 10, unless something, something...
  • Others - the usual business.

There were reports that AM was late with the car development. Rumour was denied, and AM of course fielded the car (maybe just to please the boss), but in what condition is it? 

VERY Low-Profile...

I'm trying to find some responses from Seb. For one thing, AM did'nt impress thus far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

VERY Low-Profile...

I'm trying to find some responses from Seb. For one thing, AM did'nt impress thus far

My first impressions aren't very stimulating regarding AM being anywhere competitive. As far as I can determine, Seb is not talking. I am not sure what second day will reveal, but I don't expect anything new from yesterday. Pecking order of course is not established, but layers are begging to emerge. Just remember that first race is merely a week later after a second test. I am not sure who has scheduled this kind of situation, but when lights go off on Mar 20, we could see potentially some really hideous truth come out. They are not ready to race, just to drive around, struggling to survive. I hope I am wrong, but my instinct is telling me otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

F1 Barcelona testing day 2 line-up

Mercedes: Hamilton (AM)/Russell (PM)
Red Bull: Perez
Ferrari: Sainz (AM)/Leclerc (PM)
McLaren: Ricciardo
Alpine: Ocon
AlphaTauri: Gasly
Aston Martin: Stroll (AM)/Vettel (PM)
Williams: Albon (AM)/Latifi (PM)
Alfa Romeo: Bottas (AM)/Zhou (PM)
Haas: Schumacher (AM)/Mazepin (PM)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...