Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Mercedes F1 team 2022

31 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Sleek

Yeah Brad.. exactly the word that came to my mind 😉

I mean the side pods are the smallest of any other car so far (as far as I can see), and probably the smallest of em all. The front nose portion and the front wing is interestingly shaped to channel air to the bottom of the car. So far Merc and AM seem to be in the lead to maximize on the benefits of the ventury effect. Long wheel base as seen in the last few years, Merc is sticking to their basics of high rear end downforce making it easier for the driver's to handle the car, typical Mercedes. This car could be leathal combined with the ace PU that Merc already has.

42 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Yeah Brad.. exactly the word that came to my mind 😉

I mean the side pods are the smallest of any other car so far (as far as I can see), and probably the smallest of em all. The front nose portion and the front wing is interestingly shaped to channel air to the bottom of the car. So far Merc and AM seem to be in the lead to maximize on the benefits of the ventury effect. Long wheel base as seen in the last few years, Merc is sticking to their basics of high rear end downforce making it easier for the driver's to handle the car, typical Mercedes. This car could be leathal combined with the ace PU that Merc already has.

Interesting. More downforce then?

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Interesting. More downforce then?

More? Can't say that. Well to say.. even if they have equal amount of downforce compared to others on corners, there will be less drag on the straights.

So if they increase more downforce with more wing angle the car will be more drivable as compared to the others on corners, ideally..

But this is just a speculation so far.. we would need to wait for the test and the first race to get a better picture.. coz it's also possible others have something else unique in thier bag.

7 hours ago, blackpebel said:

it's also possible others have something else unique in thier bag.

Indeed, all teams have their OWN interpretation - Though the pink Mercedes did NOT, in the day - which were a good concept.
Y reinvent the wheel.
Just take somethin that worked and use THAT.

15 hours ago, blackpebel said:

More? Can't say that. Well to say.. even if they have equal amount of downforce compared to others on corners, there will be less drag on the straights.

So if they increase more downforce with more wing angle the car will be more drivable as compared to the others on corners, ideally..

But this is just a speculation so far.. we would need to wait for the test and the first race to get a better picture.. coz it's also possible others have something else unique in thier bag.

Copy that

5 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Copy that

These guys give a pictorial representation of what I was talking about..

D/T 2022.03.02 12:52 UTC

I am fully aware of German electrical design and production engineering from a few decades ago. Car was available and ready for mass production, however market wasn't. One needs customers for that sort of thing. Having said that, EQS 580 is class up, and as far as I am hearing, unrivalled. There is no point sneering at it, unless you can show us something better on the road right now. As the lady in the picture said, it's only beginning. Evolutionary concepts and better performance package is coming.

In fact, I have seen some futuristic concepts design of a city electrical vehicle by Apple. It was very interesting.

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

unless you can show us something better on the road right now.

U HAVE obviously MISSED the concept - FLYIN CAR`S - NOT on the road !!

11 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

U HAVE obviously MISSED the concept - FLYIN CAR`S - NOT on the road !!

For now I keep my feet on the ground. May I suggest for you to return to mother earth as well for the time be? I thought 401 in Toronto has enough problems with commuters with all wheels on the road. I am not sure what traffic cops would say when you plan to convert it into an airport.

Alternative modes of daily commuting are of course constantly in developments. I am not sure however that I will live as long to see it. For now I am in awe over Merc which one can buy - today.