Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

FORMULA 1 STC SAUDI ARABIAN GRAND PRIX 2022

Race day 27th March 2022

Laps: 50

Circuit Length: 6.174 [km]

Race Distance: 308.45 [km]

Lap Record: 1:30.734 Lewis Hamilton (2021)

D/T 2022.03.22 7:22 UTC

Sebastian

• Must be healthy for him to race in second event.
  • Must go through internal AM medical check.
  • Must go through protocol in visiting country.

I think he should sit that one out as well.

1. Recuperate his mind and body.
  2. Let AM "recuperate" his car which is suffering from heavy case of Corona. Right now there is nothing to look for, and despite his vast experience, nothing will fix quickly his #5.

D/T 2022.03.22 9:28 UTC

Mercedes problems could last ‘all year’ – Russell

Another reason for return of permanent test teams as parallel projects to racing? As in 2014, we have new specs, one of the biggest in years, yet teams were left guessing on work they do. It is difficult to understand FiA and Liberty aims.  

D/T 2022.03.24 15:43 UTC

Vettel is still in Europe. I think he can write for now FP1 and FP2 (if not a whole race) off. Maybe it's better for him. AMR on the other hand need him as their reference mark. Whole season is starting on wrong foot.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

AMR on the other hand need him as their reference mark

Indeed 2 bring attention 2 the AMR brand.
AS a multi WDC  - the media R interested IN him - well WILL at least REPORT about him and in turn AMR.

Point of reference is meant benchmarking progress by comparison between data collected during pre-season testing, and current performance. They have no data on Hulk, but they do on Seb.

D/T 2022.03.25 7:58 UTC

Aston Martin believe the four-time World Champion will be back for the Australian Grand Prix in mid-April.

#SaudiArabianGP Update:@HulkHulkenberg will practice, qualify and race alongside @lance_stroll.

Despite lack of mileage in the #AMR22, Nico coped well in Bahrain and we are sure he will do likewise in Jeddah.

We expect Sebastian Vettel to be fit for the #AustralianGP. pic.twitter.com/SgiSYwxZY2

— Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant F1 Team (@AstonMartinF1) March 25, 2022

Kevin faces a new circuit, therefore the practice was quite essential for him. Hopefully tomorrow he will log a few lap. Forming their race strategy without any relevant data is going to be hit and miss weekend for Haas. Let's postpone that podium plan for now. Mick had marginally better session, but still he needs more before he can dream about top spot.

I am wondering what's going on with Yuki. He is obviously not at Gasly's level, but one day he is up, next he is inclined to commit series of errors. Maybe more experience and calming down (like Max) would help. Zen meditation anyone...?

R U lookin Sir
The GREAT Sir Hamilton with nothin left 2 prove IN F1
Overshadowed by the novice Russell
What IS Hamilton hangiun around 4 NOW - BLM marketin
The black guy currently stands as the GOAT - so hang around AND market a few T-Shirts.
Bottas former Team mate who HAMILTON wiped the floor WITH is NOW lookin GOOD 

D/T 2022.03.27 3:39 UTC

If Hamilton has nothing to prove, perhaps he could step aside, and make his seat available to someone who does have something to prove. Proposition that he has nothing to prove however is highly contentious to some (I am in that group). He had massive advantage in equipment for many years, raking up dubious glory, however as soon as (after 7 y.) rivals negated that advantage to reasonably competitive level, Hamilton's shine suddenly looks awfully bland. Under circumstance I think he has actually plenty to prove. His exit in Q1 was due to a bad setup, he claimed. How that happened to a guy who is in the F1 for so many years and has nothing to prove? His junior in contrast was fine, so car is perhaps not there for podium, but definitely it is better than rotting in Q1. Last thing, some of his fans should rethink perhaps what GOAT really represents. (Not they will. This is a repeated argument, which is continuously falling on deaf ears).

Have to say happy for Perez. Fantastic Job. Good to see some competitiveness in the front after a while now. Ferrari vs Redbull. Interesting battles ahead hopefully. 

1 minute ago, Master of his game said:

Have to say happy for Perez. Fantastic Job. Good to see some competitiveness in the front after a while now. Ferrari vs Redbull. Interesting battles ahead hopefully. 

+1

Haas the same. Without straining his neck, Kevin might have been higher up. He said that car was good for P5. Well, it is what it is, but Haas has really moved up this year. Late congratulation to them. (I do hope Mick is OK).

Yes the midfield looks tight as well.

Haas vs Alpine vs Alfa vs Pierre. 

Should be interesting as well. 

Wonder what's the problem with the Merc engines. All the Merc powered cars are struggling badly . Lack of straight lines speed in last race and this race .

15 minutes ago, Master of his game said:

All the Merc powered cars are struggling badly .

R they REALLY strugglin? 
Recent previous years we HAVE seen the Merc powered cars run and hide.  Though R the Merc powered cars ACTUALLY strugglin ?
They R just NOT dominatin.  If Merc WERE strugglin they WOULD B fallin OFF the track - the Merc powered cars R makin it 2 the end.
It is NOT what it were, which was the POINT in the reg changes.  
When MOST of the field IS Merc powered, likely 2 HAVE more Merc DNF`S than say Alpine/Renault.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

Hamilton's shine suddenly looks awfully bland.

DON`T just limit it 2 Hamilton.
Seb is ALSO now suddenly lookin awfully bland.
Of the multi WDC`S who HAVE stayed around, R currently IN F1.
Alonso is probably the ONLY 1 who LOOKS like a world CHAMPION.

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

DON`T just limit it 2 Hamilton.
Seb is ALSO now suddenly lookin awfully bland.
Of the multi WDC`S who HAVE stayed around, R currently IN F1.
Alonso is probably the ONLY 1 who LOOKS like a world CHAMPION.

What is wrong with you? Why do you say that?

Look at the facts before you post sh.t like this

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

What is wrong with you? Why do you say that?

Look at the facts before you post sh.t like this

I am UNSURE where U C the issue with my post.
Facts R FACTS - undeniable

2 hours ago, Master of his game said:

Yes the midfield looks tight as well.

Haas vs Alpine vs Alfa vs Pierre. 

Should be interesting as well. 

Wonder what's the problem with the Merc engines. All the Merc powered cars are struggling badly . Lack of straight lines speed in last race and this race .

To be frank, I am not sure of Merc's problems. First of all they don't tell us, and the situation from sidelines is murky because of porpoising. I don't want to speculate they are running on detuned engines, but it is clear they can run faster once the aero issues get resolved. Porpoising is widespread, which perhaps creates false impression that governing factor is PU. Having said that, I have feeling that Ferrari improved significantly from previous form. Is Merc behind? Only time will tell.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

+1

Haas the same. Without straining his neck, Kevin might have been higher up. He said that car was good for P5. Well, it is what it is, but Haas has really moved up this year. Late congratulation to them. (I do hope Mick is OK).

D/T 2022.03.27 13:54 UTC

Autosport: 

Haas Formula 1 driver Kevin Magnussen expects his Saudi Arabian Grand Prix to be compromised by a neck problem that emerged in qualifying and cost him a better grid position.

...as expected after we heard last night.

14 minutes ago, Sakae said:

All the Merc powered cars are struggling badly

How R they "struggling badly"?
They R NOT  fallin off the track, they R completin as appropriate. 
If U judge a fish by it`s ability 2 climb a tree - it will live it`s whole life believin that it is stupid.

TARTING GRID: 2022 F1 SAUDI ARABIAN GRAND PRIX

Position Driver Team
1. Sergio Perez Red Bull
2. Charles Leclerc Ferrari
3. Carlos Sainz Ferrari
4.  Max Verstappen Red Bull
5. Esteban Ocon Alpine
6. George Russell Mercedes
7. Fernando Alonso Alpine
8. Valtteri Bottas Alfa Romeo
9. Pierre Gasly AlphaTauri
10. Kevin Magnussen Haas
11. Lando Norris McLaren
12. Guanyu Zhou Alfa Romeo
13. Lance Stroll Aston Martin
14. Daniel Ricciardo* McLaren
15. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
16. Alexander Albon Williams
17. Nico Hulkenberg Aston Martin
18. Nicholas Latifi Williams
19. Yuki Tsunoda AlphaTauri
DNS Mick Schumacher Haas

D/T 2022.03.27 18:38 UTC

I have developed unexpectedly little bit of interest in some names, but they all had lesser weekend than expected. Kevin Magnussen was the only one who had brilliant run IMHO. I like it. I like it a lot.

Max - he did it! I am happy for him, despite he drives me nuts on occasions. (I am not a fan of his diving, out of control technique).

AMR...lord help us...

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2022.03.27 18:38 UTC

I have developed unexpectedly little bit of interest in some names, but they all had lesser weekend than expected. Kevin Magnussen was the only one who had brilliant run IMHO. I like it. I like it a lot.

Max - he did it! I am happy for him, despite he drives me nuts on occasions. (I am not a fan of his diving, out of control technique).

AMR...lord help us...

I think Seb would have at least be in the points. Stroll can't drive these cars