Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

'positive' First Outing For Montoya

'Positive' first outing for Montoya

Thursday January 27 2005

Juan Pablo Montoya finally got his hands on his 2005 McLaren at Barcelona on Thursday.

The Colombian has tested for his new team already but using last season's car prior to the launch of the 2005 challenger earlier this week.

And despite having to contend with chilly weather and strong winds in Spain, Montoya, who has joined McLaren from Williams, was pleased with his first run in the MP4-20.

"Since seeing the MP4-20 for the first time on Monday I have been looking forward to getting my hands on it," he said.

"So it was great to get behind the wheel today although our running has been affected by the cold weather."

"I completed the installation lap shortly after 9am, and the conditions were very slippery, as the track temperature was between minus two and zero degrees."

"After waiting for a couple of hours to allow the circuit to get warmer, we have now just completed a longer timed run."

"I have been able to start to learn about the handling and feel of the car, which so far is positive, and I can't wait to put more miles on it."