Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Webber Vs Heidfeld

i am very happy that webber has a teammate to push him at last.  considering he did so well witgout soemone to really push shows how talented he is.  now we'll see how he does with teammate pressure.

I agree and i think Webber will love the challenge. Can't wait to see if Webbers really got what it takes. I reckon he does.

Guys,

it is only early days of the first few tests with the new cars, if you remember back at the start of 2004 when pizzaboy was setting records on the test track in a Jaguar and we know what happened to him.

Testing means nothing, the cars can be lighter than legal, trying new bits and pieces that may never reach the race track. I am confident that when he needs to produce the goods, Webber will be up there with the big boys (machinery permitted of course)

Three weeks to go and we can all get a look at the race cars not the testing horns and funny front appendages

I am begining to think Nick might really give Webber a run for his money. I am sure they are testing different things (it would be suicidal to have two drivers on track testing similar things just a fortnight before the first GP), but Nick has been quicker three times in a row. Williams/Renault & Bar reliability are however quite suspect and the real contender for pushing Ferrari is Maclaren!

The engine side of Mecedes has been quite superb so far, hasn't it. Remember this time last year when they were blowing up engines and were not fast either? I am relieved thus far. Why isn't Ferrari quite up to speed yet

The engine side of Mecedes has been quite superb so far, hasn't it. Remember this time last year when they were blowing up engines and were not fast either? I am relieved thus far. Why isn't Ferrari quite up to speed yet

Ferrari work ethic is to get the reliability issues sorted out first, then fine-tune the speed. Mind you the speed here as seen so far is only reflective of one flying lap, which if Ferrari wanted they could drain the fuel and put the car on top of the time sheets. The issue is consistency and getting a good performance through out the run. I am just praying that Williams & Renault get their reliability in order - otherwise we are going to see a two-horse race (it's better than 2004, but not quite what we are looking for!).

I think that's the work ethic of most teams. Yesterday saw Montoya half a second up on 2nd best and he was working on longer runs. And Mclaren comes out on top on almost every test. I guess everyone's working on different things. I also heard that MS and RB were complaing of tyre degradation. Bridgestone say that they've got it under control, but I wonder how true that is. I'm am also hoping for a close title fight amongst 3 or 4 teams and not just between 2.

I think that's the work ethic of most teams. Yesterday saw Montoya half a second up on 2nd best and he was working on longer runs. And Mclaren comes out on top on almost every test. I guess everyone's working on different things. I also heard that MS and RB were complaing of tyre degradation. Bridgestone say that they've got it under control, but I wonder how true that is. I'm am also hoping for a close title fight amongst 3 or 4 teams and not just between 2.

Yeah, I think those bridgestones are not up to speed yet on the one lap! But pole position will be even more meaningless in 2005.However I do not think they are not overly concerned otherwise you would see a flurry of activity on their tracks in Italy (seeing as it's only three weeks to D-day!).