Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Mclaren Upbeat After Valencia Test

McLaren completed a three day testing programme at the Valencia circuit this week, during which test driver Pedro de la Rosa drove the team's 2005 car, MP4-20, for the first time. Kimi Raikkonen drove MP4-20 for the final two days of the test, while Alex Wurz was driving a modified version of last year's MP4-19B car.

The three drivers completed a total of approx. 2,200km over the course of the three days, approx. 770km in MP4-20. Alex set the fastest time on the circuit during the first two days of the test, with times of 1m09.372s and 1m09.203s respectively, while Kimi set the fastest lap time on the team's final day at the circuit with a 1m08.995s lap.

I would like to have some thoughts from some F1 guru's on this topic.

Wurz was fast with modified Mp4-19, and was far ahead of Ferrari ( 2004 modified) and other teams. On the last day Kimi took the honours with Mp4-20 (Faster than Mp4-19B)

My Question is if this is the case Why can't Mclaren run the Modified Mp4-19 and Mp4-20 in the race, and that way they can be sure that they can score points consistently till Mp4-20 is developed. Mp4-19 is obviously more relaible than the its sucessor.

Well im not the biggest expert, but i'd suggest that the 19 modified version isn't 100% legal under then new rules, or something along those lines.

I think the MP4\20 has already shown to be enough competitive to shine from the very first race of the championship.....