Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjoseph

'it's All Down To The New Tyre Rules,' Says Villen

The outcome of the first races in 2005 will be decided by which team is able to adapt to the new tyre regulations, according to former World Champion, Jacques Villeneuve

As of the start of this season the F1 teams will no longer be allowed to change tyres during a race, which not only poses new problems for the tyre manufactures but also for the teams as a whole.

However, Sauber and JV have been hard at work trying to conquer the challenges that have emerged because of the new tyre rule.

Well no-one needs to worry about BAR because however well they do, their engine will have blown up before the end of the weekend. Hope we do get to see some suspense though

I wouldn't say no to honda engines. If they get the reliability sorted out then i think they may well have the best engines in F1 its just the relaibility. And yet they made really reliable road cars, its very rare to see a honda broken down! Shame their road record isnt shown on the track!

Well no-one needs to worry about BAR because however well they do, their engine will have blown up before the end of the weekend. Hope we do get to see some suspense though

You

I have no doubt that they make incredible engines, but they just are not reliable at the moment! Thats their only issue

Picture this...

In a week, BAR have sorted out their grip issues and had everything going coorectly. Honda solved their reliability issues. Imagine taht, then think how much more competative BAR would be. Now thats what im hoping will happen in a weeks or 2 time. If it does expect to see a major improvement, and BAR up there challenging in the final tests and being excrutiatingly quick! Now that i dont think is just a dream, and cud easilly become reality

[quote name='Jenson_Rules!!!' date='Feb 7 2005, 07:56 PM']I have no doubt that they make incredible engines, but they just are not reliable at the moment! Thats their only issue
[right][post="23684"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

This is pre-season, don

Do you agree though that if they sort the problems out by melbourne they will be challengers for the title! Because i certainly do!

Do you agree though that if they sort the problems out by melbourne they will be challengers for the title! Because i certainly do!

Yes, of course i agree and i hope so

no thats true, with sato on board, the poor cahp. Its really quite sad he will never come to much!

going on last year, the Honda was the best engine for sheer bhp and it's reliability got better as the year got on, we'll have to reassess for this season though

I think tyres is one area the team have not really shown their hand in testing! That will be exposed in Melbourne and I think there quite a number of teams struggling with the wear rate during long runs and they are silently hoping everyone has the same problems. The renault package has always been very easy on tyres and I think they are the leading contenders in that front. So on the tyre front Renault are number 1, Ferrari have had bullet-proof engines for a few seasons now and the good money is on them on the engine front. But as always it's a question of who combines all the factors better at the end of the day!

Ill tell u all now, im not gonna loose faith just yet. Hopefully when their problems are sorted out they will be more competative. And its not as if the car isnt quick because JB still managed to slot it between the 2 ferrari's last week in valencia! SO i think when the problems are fixed i think we can expect a very good season for BAR Honda

No matter what happens, Jenson will be my man. And I don't mean in that in a gay way. I know he's got what it takes to be a champion so even if BAR go back to 2003-type performance, I'll still have faith

But they wont b as bad as 2003. They r gonna b contenders, or more importantly button will be a contender this season if the cars issues are sorted out!

No matter what happens, Jenson will be my man. And I don't mean in that in a gay way. I know he's got what it takes to be a champion so even if BAR go back to 2003-type performance, I'll still have faith

They won

Well I think KR, FA and JB are on the same level. I think all 3 of them are true talents and will be in F1 a long long time to come, and will all hopefully win at least 1 WDC each!

Agreed, they make up the future of F1. I am eyeing them with increased intensity as I need to settle on one of them after MS hangs his helmet!

Agreed, they make up the future of F1. I am eyeing them with increased intensity as I need to settle on one of them after MS hangs his helmet!

I think that all this forum thinks the same. I still hope one of them will be able to match MS before he gives up racing :D

Yeh i agree, if only they had the machines under them, but I think KR and FA may have this year!