Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

An Interesting Picture

Hi, searching in the net I found this picture, is quite interesting to see all those drivers together, thinking that all of them were in different teams having the leader badge on them...

f1-2001-gen-tm-0327.jpg

We can see Jenson Button, Fernando Alonso, Giancarlo Fisichella and Mark Webber.

good photo. back then alonso was a fresh-faced kid (i mean look at him!), webber unknown and jenson the next british senna :D . fisi was most likely held in the highest regard at the time. it is quite the stable when one looks back, so the question is, who's the best out these 4 now??

i think alonso is the best, but this year at renault well tell if he is indeed the real deal.

either Fisi or Alonso, and I guess we'll have the answer to this come the end of October

i think JB and Alonso are equal. However i love button more. I think hes brilliant, but im also very patriotic

Thanks Ecapdeville, what a nice picture. FA was a boy, he had just won the spanish championship and was only 17.

he looks like a little kid, if that was taken in 2001 though wouldnt he be 20, because hes 24 now!?!

He also has a fgate face, lol. awwwwwwwwww. hahahaha

Fernando Alonso was 19 in the picture,Button 21,Webber 25 and Fisi 28...Alonso and Webber were the test drivers although Alonso also made his debut for Minardi that year..Some considerations for Webber fans..Webber has been outpaced many times when Alonso tested with him..In 2002 Renault wanted Alonso back from Minardi and put him as their only 3rd driver.They didn't allow neither Sauber nor Jordan to take him up cause they wanted him...they gave Webber to Minardi instead although they didn't want to pay for his seat as they did for Alonso..Later in 2002 Jaguar decided to refresh their line up and gave Alonso a test and he went quicker than Irvine...then they tested Webber but said they were determined to sign FA but Renault was so impressed that confirmed Alonso as race driver for 2003 and placed Webber at Jaguar instead. They had Webber under contract and used him as a money for exchange to keep Alonso with them twice...Then,this year,Briatore preferred to hire Fisi than Webber,who is one of his drivers!!!What does this mean?!?It's simple..Renault knew Webber was not as good as Alonso and didn't want him...

Fernando Alonso was 19 in the picture,Button 21,Webber 25 and Fisi 28...Alonso and Webber were the test drivers although Alonso also made his debut for Minardi that year..Some considerations for Webber fans..Webber has been outpaced many times when Alonso tested with him..In 2002 Renault wanted Alonso back from Minardi and put him as their only 3rd driver.They didn't allow neither Sauber nor Jordan to take him up cause they wanted him...they gave Webber to Minardi instead although they didn't want to pay for his seat as they did for Alonso..Later in 2002 Jaguar decided to refresh their line up and gave Alonso a test and he went quicker than Irvine...then they tested Webber but said they were determined to sign FA but Renault was so impressed that confirmed Alonso as race driver for 2003 and placed Webber at Jaguar instead. They had Webber under contract and used him as a money for exchange to keep Alonso with them twice...Then,this year,Briatore preferred to hire Fisi than Webber,who is one of his drivers!!!What does this mean?!?It's simple..Renault knew Webber was not as good as Alonso and didn't want him...

Should this reasoning hold water ,then Heidfeld should be nipping Webber as the season goes through. Fishichella may be slowed up by the 2nd driver status at Renault but that comparison should be good.

Several other Teams will have good comparisons too. B)

Just on the whole Fisi/Webber/Williams thing, I heard that Sir Frank had first choice out of the two and whoever he didn't choose, Flav would get. We can't just say Flav didn't want Mark, it's that Williams wanted him and were desperate to get him. Sir Frank wanted both, but chose Webber.

Webber hasn't proved anything. And now that Heidfeld is testing with him, Webber si being outpaced again and again. But we'll find out the truth soon!!

Webber hasn't proved anything. And now that Heidfeld is testing with him, Webber si being outpaced again and again. But we'll find out the truth soon!!

Yep!!! In a bit more than twenty days we

Mind you, Webber has out paced heidfeld in the last to tests. Also you have no idea what they're really testing . We're just told it's tires, set up, system checks etc...i'm sure some of them are playing mind games with each other. Heidfeld has also completed more milage than Webber. But I don't really care who does what in testing, as long as they improve the car. Any way what's a few hundreds of a second in testing, it's when they're at a race weekend that matters and that's a completely different kettle of fish.

exactly, they aren't going head-to-head a la nick & jungle boy. they're in a full testing program now.