Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Video Clip Of '93 Donnington Park, Senna's Magic

If anyone needs this clip, I can email you the link of the server where it is stored and you can download it. Please leave your email address on the post..

Came across this video clip of the first lap of Senna's mystical driving skills in Donnigton 1993. There is no audio, but you can clearly see the Master in action. The starting grid was as follows:

1. Prost Williams

2. Damon Williams

3. Schumacher Bennetton

4. Senna Mclaren (apparently inferior to the rest)

5. Wedlinger Sauber

6. Andretti Mclaren

If you watch closely you will see how (aerial shot) Schumacher tries to block Senna (why am I not surpised) and let Wedlinger to get past both of them and Senna drops to 6th place. By the end of the lap he is ahead of everyone, and the rest is history. I beleive out of the total 76 laps, Senna led for 71 laps, this was despite a poor pit stop where he lost about 20 seconds.

Senna a true champion unsurpassed or matched in skills.

ok i've signed up, searched for senna and donnington park but got nothing. maybe you can send it via streamload, dunno. never used it before. my username is totalf1_taku

ah, Donington '93, brings a tear to the eye of every Senna fan. That must go down as one of the best first laps in racing history. A truly great drive by a great driver. Just on pitstops that day, Prost had a shocker, I think he came in about 5 times cos he kept misreading the weather.

I had the whole race on here at one stage, and the exact clip your talking about i think.

I had the whole race on here at one stage, and the exact clip your talking about i think.

Not sure about your clip SATO. What I have is the first lap, where Senna is 4th on the grid, and was pushed back to 6th (thanks to MS) and before the completion of the irst lap he is 1st with a commanding lead.

Yeah i had a clip of 93 donington in wet conditions where Senna showed them how its done, 1st lap, its like a news clip, kos its being narrated by someone.

If anyone needs this clip, I can email you the link of the server where it is stored and you can download it.

Thanks Monty for the clip , saw it through and its very interesting.

Seems like Senna had alot of rear wing (higher downforce) than those Williams.

Did Senna call for that and the others skimped out to hope for a drier race and better speed?

Close racing moments with Senna doing some quick moves in and around others.

M.SCHum. whom?...did what ?..... block someone...some things never change. :rolleyes:

thanks mate, got it. excellent clip, he was undoubtedly the master. i especially love the onbard shot one of the williams cars (is it hill or prost) watching senna just take off into the distance. then it switches back to senna, and he must be like "come on guys, that can't be the best you've got!"

awesome! would love to see the rest of that race. i remember reading about that race and senna was the only one on the lead lap at one stage wasn't he?

Seems like Senna had alot of rear wing (higher downforce) than those Williams.

Did Senna call for that and the others skimped out to hope for a drier race and better speed? 

Close racing moments with Senna doing some quick moves in and around others.

M.SCHum. whom?...did what ?..... block someone...some things never change. :rolleyes:

C.A.L. I'm not sure about the downforce part, But I did read that the rain was on and off, and Senna deceide to stay on slicks for a longer time, and was able to build that commanding lead.

Well with regards to MS, I agree with you..

Glad you enjoyed it.

And Senna is a saint!! :rolleyes: