Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

We Are Not Ready Yet Says Alonso

After setting a very strong pace in recent testing at the Jerez circuit, Fernando Alonso ahs told his RenaultF1 team that they really need to work on the reliability of their new 2005 contender, the R5, if they hope to put up a strong challenge in the upcoming 2005 championship season.

The Spaniard suffered several mechanical problems during last week

I noticed a few reliabilty issues with Renault, and some major issues with BAR(hopefully sorted) and some minor issues with Mclaren.

Is this what Ferrari has been counting on for their success...

Interesting stuff from Alonso, I've been thinking about that issue, 'Reliability' and believel Ferrari and williams are quiet acheivers in testing. They're producing ok times with good milege.

Indeed, i haven't notice many issues from either Williams or Ferrari. Mclaren has had 2 or 3 problems, BAR has had a few engine issues, and Renualt have had their fair share, so its not always about speed ;)

Hopefully though the reliability issues with mclaren, BAR and renault are all sorted, and that they finish ahead of ferrari this year, how great would that be!

I noticed a few reliabilty issues with Renault, and some major issues with BAR(hopefully sorted) and some minor issues with Mclaren.

Is this what Ferrari has been counting on for their success...

Now, that borders on the ridiculous! You want the folk at Ferrari to go help Renault & BAR sort out their reliability issues? It's up to whoever wants the championship to do who it takes to get it.

What's the next spin? That Ferrari is paying engineers at Williams, Maclaren, Renault & BAR to come up short on delivery!!

Now, that borders on the ridiculous! You want the folk at Ferrari to go help Renault & BAR sort out their reliability issues? It's up to whoever wants the championship to do who it takes to get it.

What's the next spin? That Ferrari is paying engineers at Williams, Maclaren, Renault & BAR to come up short on delivery!!

I wasn't implying anything at all as mentioned in your post. My question was, Is Ferrari counting on competitors to get it wrong? Due to the new rules, like engines to last for 2 races etc, and Ferrrai's engine perhaps may last longer than 2 races. Whereas the likes of Mclaren, Renauly & BAR etc had or having engine relaibilty issues, and is Ferrai hoping that this trend will contine? Eventhough Ferraris competitors are faster, is Ferrari hoping that half way through their engine will blow up and the race would end prematurely?

Now do you get it? or....

Gosh, Why do you Ferrari guys get so agressive, as if there is something going in....

I wasn't implying anything at all as mentioned in your post. My question was, Is Ferrari counting on competitors to get it wrong? Due to the new rules, like engines to last for 2 races etc, and  Ferrrai's engine perhaps may last longer than 2 races. Whereas the likes of Mclaren, Renauly & BAR etc had or having engine relaibilty issues, and is Ferrai hoping that this trend will contine? Eventhough Ferraris competitors are faster, is Ferrari hoping that half way through their engine will blow up and the race would end prematurely?

Now do you get it? or....

Gosh, Why do you Ferrari guys get so agressive, as if there is something going in....

I know I am in the minority, but Ferrai are actually counting on some decent competition, they have not been stretched for too long and they are punching below their weight - it's become boring!

So when I see some spectacular pace from Renault & Maclaren, adrenalin kicks in - coz maybe then we will have some racing. If the truth be told, the F2004 was actually never tested - none of the other teams had the equipment!

I think the incompetence of the other teams is ruining F1 and I hope Ferrari have their hands full in 2005 (otherwise it's pointless having such wonderful machines and not knowing how they work when they have two or three teams breathing down their necks every second of the race).

I know I am in the minority, but Ferrai are actually counting on some decent competition, they have not been stretched for too long and they are punching below their weight - it's become boring!

So when I see some spectacular pace from Renault & Maclaren, adrenalin kicks in - coz maybe then we will have some racing. If the truth be told, the F2004 was actually never tested - none of the other teams had the equipment!

I think the incompetence of the other teams is ruining F1 and I hope Ferrari have their hands full in 2005 (otherwise it's pointless having such wonderful machines and not knowing how they work when they have two or three teams breathing down their necks every second of the race).

Well now you are talking. You think eventhough I don't like MS ( I do like Ferrari)

I do not get irritated about other teams doing weel enough to challenge Ferrari?

The whole point of this topic is to find out what people like you (Ferrari fan) have to say and the rest ( Mclaren Renault BAR fans) have in their mind. We all know that the team to be beat is Ferrari again, and I'm trying to figure out what is going through that Dream Teams mind.

Well now you are talking. You think eventhough I don't like MS ( I do like Ferrari)

I do not get irritated about other teams doing weel enough to challenge Ferrari?

The whole point of this topic is to find out what people like you (Ferrari fan) have to say and the rest ( Mclaren Renault BAR fans) have in their mind. We all know that the team to be beat is Ferrari again, and I'm trying to figure out what is going through that Dream Teams mind.

Honestly, I am hoping the move to run F2004M backfires on Ferrari and they get a proper thrashing in Melbourne and Malaysia - then they will be forced to bring out the new car earlier than planned and they have to develope it while still racing it - which means they might make afew mistakes and we will have an open season. If the other teams struggle with FM2004M, it only gives they boys back in the factory enough time to fine tune another monster that will hit the track 1 second-a-lap faster than the rest!

But what do you reckon with the new tyre rules - are the first corner incidents gone forever? No one wants to flat-spot their tyres, so drivers will not be overly aggresive, which robs us some piece of action!