Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nojvnof1

Bmw Engines

Many websites are reporting that BMW has been approached by Sauber and Red Bull for a second supply of their engines. Of course, being a JV fan, Im hoping Sauber gets them, but they are only rumours at the moment. Im thinking Sauber would be the early favourites if this is true as they are a team not known for politics and have a sound and well worked organistional setup which should accomodate BMW technicians well, whilst Red Bull are a new teams with a new infrastructure and new personnel, not that there is anything wrong with that, but Sauber have shown to be a team who spend their cash wisely and have a well organised structure.

Thoughts??

if Reb bull are trying to change to BMW then is minsrdi going to be the only team to be with Ford or will they change as well.

if Reb bull are trying to change to BMW then is minsrdi going to be the only team to be with Ford or will they change as well.

Im king of hoping that minardi will sign an engine deal with mclaren. Pervios years mclaren engines have been unreliable but i have a feeling this year it will be the best in the feild.

i think that every engine will be cheaper than Ferraris. since when has the news of Minardi and Mclaren been around.

Senna, that's the reason they want to ditch Ferrari, the cost is too much and if the GPWC rules and guidelines are brought in they'll be getting the engines very cheap.

But can you put a price on Ferrari expertise? They helped Sauber with their 04 car and their support in a variety of ways is beneficial to Sauber. BMW might not give them the same attention, if they do that

if they kept with Ferrari they wouldn't have any money to go racing and hence couldn't buy engines. Sauber don't have limitless funds and aren't even using their wind tunnel (paid for mostly through the fee McLaren paid for Kimi according to Autosport) to full effect as they can't hire enough staff as they can't afford it. They even resorted to making their own gearboxes again instead of buying them from Ferrari because of the high cost. Money is tight in F1, especially at an independent team like Sauber.

You surely must mean Mercedes, Maclaren doesn't build engines - it has to rely on Mercedes for that!

Good luck to Sauber! But sometimes cheap can turn out to be very expensive!!

why on earth did you hit the reply button???????????

And a one man conversation I see

The Nerves are killing me! 06 March is too far! I am delirious! I cannot eat properly! I cannot sleep properly! I need my drug! I need racing to start NOW!!!

Thankfully im only waiting to the 4th of March, then i'll watch the first session over the net (streaming media) then the next on TV, then saturday all on tv, and sunday all on TV.....oh god hurry up time!!!!! :lol:

Thankfully im only waiting to the 4th of March, then i'll watch the first session over the net (streaming media) then the next on TV, then saturday all on tv, and sunday all on TV.....oh god hurry up time!!!!! :lol:

Sato How can I watch the stuff over the net. Please give me details. I have basic cable at home and not all the bells and whistles. and sometimes I find that the cable guy thinks it is important to telecast the entire match of 1982 curling championship than the actual race. Gets me really worked up and mad.

So please let me know of the streaming media details.

thanks Dude

Check ur PM in a min ;)

Anyone else wants to know, pm me about it and i'll pm you back with some detials.

you can watch sessions on streaming media?  do tell do tell.

Yeah, go to formula1.com and click on live timing during race weekends and you can even catch the qualis on this if the stupid tv stations do not feel up to it!!!

if they kept with Ferrari they wouldn't have any money to go racing and hence couldn't buy engines. Sauber don't have limitless funds and aren't even using their wind tunnel (paid for mostly through the fee McLaren paid for Kimi according to Autosport) to full effect as they can't hire enough staff as they can't afford it. They even resorted to making their own gearboxes again instead of buying them from Ferrari because of the high cost. Money is tight in F1, especially at an independent team like Sauber.

totally agree, more so since there's a 10m hole in their annual budget thanks to red bull leaving.

i do recall petronas were footing the bill for the ferrari engines, but don't know whether this deal would extend beyond the current concorde agreement. either way the price difference would be significantly different between bmw under a gpwc, and what ferrari would command.

bmw are reportedly unhappy with williams and supplying sauber would only enhance their competitiveness. sauber could even brand his cars bmw ala jordan ford. the efficient reputation of the swiss team would fit nicely with bmw's corporate image.

sauber is also very wise with his pennies and he'd have to take the cheaper engine. especially considering recent political events i think it would be highly likely he'd ditch ferrari. a) the engine bill costs a packet B) the current instability with regards to regs is costing him a packet c) ferrari are doing nothing to help his causes in reducing costs and d) by their actions ferrari are actually increasing his costs on top of the engine bill. i doubt he's a happy ferrari customer at all.

sauber bmw makes sense for both parties involved, but can't see the midland offer amounting to much. midland would would suit the ferrai supply better as they could & would be willing to fork out the 40+m.