Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Bmw Looking At Sauber Purchase?

Speculation in the German press indicates that instead of just supplying Sauber with engines in the 2006 Formula One season, BMW are actually considering purchasing the Swiss based squad from Peter Sauber and becoming their own force on the Formula One grid.

Speaking to Focus FIA President Max Mosley confirmed that the German engine manufacturer has three available options and the one involving the purchase of the Sauber squad wouldn

Why am I not surprised. Williams couldn't extract the best out of an like BMW, does this mean the downfall for Williams?

Hope Jenson stays put with BAR for the time being, and perhaps look or a drive with Sauber?

Why am I not surprised. Williams couldn't extract the best out of an like BMW, does this mean the downfall for Williams?

Hope Jenson stays put with BAR for the time being, and perhaps look or a drive with Sauber?

Monty, why in all your posts you talk about Williams decline, Williams downfall, Williams desappearing...?

Monty, why in all your posts you talk about Williams decline, Williams downfall, Williams desappearing...?

Panchito. The reason being, I used to bea big fan of their once (Mansell's time) and can see them going down season after season, and that frustration plus the way they are managing the team has made me "Anti Williams" Thats all.

did u ewver stop to think that since with BMW they have been struggling

No Offence. That argument doesn't really make sense. In terms of relaibilty and power, BMW are quite on par with Ferrari. Renault's were not fast enough in the last few seasons but on beat Williams last year.

So I don't think engine is an issue, it is the team that needs to pull itself together..

It all fell to pieces for Williams when Renault left F1 and Newey went to McLaren. Since then they

well it's obvious that williams haven't exactly been setting the world on fire lately, through no fault of bmw. if anything, sauber have proved themselves very reliable and efficient and would present bmw with a very attractive option. certainly the best out of recent privateer targets jordan, jag, prost, arrows or minardi.

yes but The BMW hasnt exactly been the quickest, although its really reliable. I must say that i think they are all getting on a bit and need to have a major reshuffe!

yes but The BMW hasnt exactly been the quickest, although its really reliable. I must say that i think they are all getting on a bit and need to have a major reshuffe!

It

Na, reliability wise yes, but shure grunt id pick a Honda

No, NO NOOOO!

Honda is fairly powerful yes, but not as powerful as BMW or Ferrari or perhaps Toyota (difficult to say as the chassis is hampering the engine performance).

However, Honda engines are popping like bubble wrap! They are terribly unreliable

No, NO NOOOO!

Honda is fairly powerful yes, but not as powerful as BMW or Ferrari or perhaps Toyota (difficult to say as the chassis is hampering the engine performance).

However, Honda engines are popping like bubble wrap!  They are terribly unreliable

THe honda is believed to be the most powerful in F1 and is expected to end the season with little under 1000Bhp. Yes its unreliable, and i was trying to say out of grunt id pick it, if it was reliable though

i think the whole issue of purchasing the team is the reason a deal for engines is taking so long to be announced and/or signed, either way, it'll give Sauber manufacturer support which is great.

i think the whole issue of purchasing the team is the reason a deal for engines is taking so long to be announced and/or signed, either way, it'll give Sauber manufacturer support which is great.

Yes, that

Agreed. :) If the deal does go through it will make things interesting no doubt about that.