Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jet

2005 Qualitying Format

There's been a lot of controversy of the new qualifying format. Recently Barrichello feared it could confuse spectators. I'm reading on other forums that people think its an absurb idea, even journalist like Blundell saying it does nothing for him.

While right now I'm not the biggest fan, but I'll reserve judgement, fans will not be confused and this is by no means a new, radical idea. I'm surprised I have not read on bit of reference to MotoGP, the F1 of motorcyles, where they have been using a two session qualifying format for who knows how long until last year. And no one has been complaining there where I've seen the best racing period for the last three years.

Any have an opinion? (yeah i know dumb question)

I'm not thrilled with the idea, but i won't be too harsh, until i've seen it in action once or twice. I think the two times being combined could be alil confusing for fans at first.

They changed qualifying AGAIN? What the hell did they do this time?

Fellas, I know the running order 1st qualfying is based on the reverse order of the last race. If this is the case, would JPM would be the last one to go on the 1st Qual, orwould it be the williams driver?

Fellas, I know the running order 1st qualfying is based on the reverse order of the last race. If this is the case, would JPM would be the last one to go on the 1st Qual, orwould it be the williams driver?

I think that for the first race, the position in the championship will be used. Schumacher is last this time...

its takes it from the last race, and monty got 1st he will go out last in 1st quaily, i like the new qualy, i mean how complicated is it to average 2 times? or even easier why not add them??

Im hoping after each of their quali2 laps it tells you their time, and position, then it won't be too bad.

the diff between the F1 and Motogp systems is that the MOTOGP isn't aggregate, it's the way F1 quali was prior to 1996 with a session on Fri and Sat with the drivers/riders best time is his starting position. I prefer the 2003 F1 format personally. It meant meaningful action on Friday and it was easy to follow.

I agree, 2003 was good, i didn't have a problem with the 2004 one either though. i hated 2002 and prior compared to now.

I liked the system pre-single lap qualifying. People said it was boring but it had more excitement at the end than single lap qualifying had in the entire session. However, single lap qualifying does tend to mix up the grid more but it makes the pole less meaningful

I think the best solution would be a sprint race with last race finishing positions as a grid. I certainly can't fault that from a spectators point of view.

I won't be tuning in to any more 2005 qualifying sessions :(