Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Button Questions Webber

British American Racing driver Jenson Button has thrown cold water over the man who could have been his teammate this season, Mark Webber, the young Brit claiming that the Aussie BMW WilliamsF1 racer may not have the necessary talent to make it to the top of the series after all.

Button compared Webber to RenaultF1

Will this guy ever shut up or what? Atleast Webber has a reason for not winning a race cause he wasn't in a decent car till date. This bloke's car was the second best last year, and still he didn't win a single race.

Why is shooting his mouth like this? I begining to hate this guy just like M$

Lol. I actually think hes made a valid point that webber is questionable! And we have said this on this forum, so to say hes blabbing bulls##t again is not true or else that will make half of us hypocrites

HE has some points, i think the title made it sound worse then it was, but Button should shut up, he hasn't won a race, and he's had several chances to do so, Webber hasn't even had a care that could podium yet, so we'll have to wait and see how he turns out, but for now we no Button is lacking talent, according to himself.

Lol. I actually think hes made a valid point that webber is questionable! And we have said this on this forum, so to say hes blabbing bulls##t again is not true or else that will make half of us hypocrites

I'm not a fan of Webber either, but I do remember an old saying that goes like...

"PEOPLE LIVING IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES"

For Real.. That Button (BIG MOUTH) guy have to keep his mouth shut... for once... I wonder what his performance will be this season... Maybe Zero...

It would be be classic if Button now goes on to score no to very little points, and webber podiums and maybe grabs a few wins......i be he still wouldn't shut up though.In 2006 he'd still say he is going to belt schumacher, and that webber has no talent :lol:

as the old saying goes " proof of the pudding is in the eating"

AND I just somehow believe that Jenson will be eating a lot of " Humble Pie" AFTER The Melbourne G.P

My tip is M.W beats J.B for whatever position, is not important, but MAY just make Jenson SHUT HIS MOUTH a bit

J.B. aint no superstar driver IMO

as the old saying goes " proof of the pudding is in the eating"

AND I just somehow believe that Jenson will be eating a lot of " Humble Pie" AFTER The Melbourne G.P

My tip is M.W  beats J.B  for whatever position, is not important, but MAY just make Jenson SHUT HIS MOUTH a bit

J.B. aint no superstar driver IMO

Who the !@$* does Button think he is! For sure he will be humbled this season. I am not a fan of Webber but Button should be the last one making a comment like that about another driver. He's so full of crap, it's coming out his mouth.

JB needs to get all this things off his chest. He needs to be as light as possible on Sunday so that we do not get an excuse as to why he could not win yet he is such a talent! I think he is the new Eddie on the grid - all talk!

I think Button should actually go up another gear. Better still I want JPM to join in and DC to stop being a boring diplomat. JV should be himself and MS should stop being nice. Kimi should stop being such a bore and increase our entertainment (only not in the bars this time).

We need the drivers to trash talk each other and bring the ambient tempratures in F1 to a boil. We need to see more vocal drivers and less diplomacy - it's a full blooded sport and it's supposed to be a no-holds-barred affair.

So if talking alot helps to pump JB up - then by all means!

What would be interesting to hear is what a driver says after he has been out performed by a driver he trashed ;)

Why do we want to deny ourselves the prospects of seeing a humble pie fest :D

Same here Monty. I'm starting to take a real disliking to Button. He should shut his mouth more and stick his head back in.

What did Button do in the BAR before they found some pace, Nothing at all????! What did he do when BAR found some real pace, second and thirds. Until Button actually starts to take victories I'm not going to take him too seriously. At least Webber achieved 5th in a Minardi. I think that say's just as much as 2nd and 3rd in a quick BAR. I think Button's a fustrated little boy at the moment because he knows his BAR has issues.

Monty i've realised i've basically said what you stated. Which means, you must be a wise soul!

Why, wouldn't Button respond to what was probably a direct question during an interview. If he avoid's the correct response then he is not being up-front at all. In fact, He is probably right in saying that FA is more naturally talented, and Jens should know, as he has spent time in the same team as both of them (Benetton and Renault). It seems that the opening statement in the article has suggested that JB just crapped all over Webber. If you read the article, he is not slamming any other driver, but giving his opinion after being asked. If we want to take this and run it into a heated frenzy (everyone is doing this lately) then so be it.

Why, wouldn't Button respond to what was probably a direct question during an interview. If he avoid's the correct response then he is not being up-front at all. In fact, He is probably right in saying that FA is more naturally talented, and Jens should know, as he has spent time in the same team as both of them (Benetton and Renault). If you read the article, he is not slamming any other driver, but giving his opinion after being asked. If we want to take this and run it into a heated frenzy (everyone is doing this lately) then so be it.

He just didn't stop with that, he said that the highest finish for Webber is 5th behind a Minardi. It appears that he is contradicting himself, how can he expect webber to finish in the podiums when he was driving cars such as Minardi, and JAG.

Wherein Button was driving the 2nd best car last year and couldn't register a win, wherein Mclaren, Renault and williams were able to do. To me that is pathetic...

Exactly, i stated in my first reply, that i dind't think he was slammin webber to badly, and it was made to sound worse then it was but he was stupid with his points, if not abit of a hypocrite ontop of that.

He just didn't stop with that,  he said that the highest finish for Webber is 5th behind a Minardi. It appears that he is contradicting himself, how can he expect webber to finish in the podiums when he was driving cars such as Minardi, and JAG.

Wherein Button was driving the 2nd best car last year and couldn't register a win, wherein Mclaren, Renault and williams were able to do. To me that is pathetic...

Monty, all he is doing is elaborating on Webbers and Alonso's results over the past years as you would if being asked such a question. If you read it he is not blasting either of the drivers or stating he is better than either of them, but says in his opinion that Alonso is the better driver based on what he knows about both both of them.

I do agree that it is maybe not a fair comparison given the equipment Webber has been driving. But all the drivers on the grid know who is quicker regardless of the equipment they are driving. This is something we do not experience 1st hand.

I also think that Button would be better served not to answer questions such as these so candidly. He is one of the few who will do that, but it does hurt him publicly. But most of the drivers are scared to express their real opinions publicly, so thumbs up to Button and the few others for doing that. If they didn't you would never know what the heck is going on and these forums would be no fun to read!!

The talking will end this weekend though, and I am sure Webber will show his true talent, as will a few others.

Because he says webber lacks talent because he has no wins, when Button has had much much much better chances to win and come up with nothing, and after all his talk on how he thinks he is the best, its quite stupid of him to say it.

That

These are all good points. But getting back to Monty's discussion stating that MW's best finish was a fifth in Minardi. I question why Webber hasn't been able to improve on that finish after 2 years in a Jag. Not a great car I will add, but surely far quicker than the Minardi. I won't question Webber's speed, I think it will show in the right package, as with all drivers. There is more to it than just the car. I think Webber has the personality to build the team around him much the same way MS has. And also Button to a certain extent, though he was very close to blowing that as we all know. It remains to be seen the repercussions of that whole fiasco last year. I am sure Button regrets letting his management team have that much power to approach and initiate moves over his future.