Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Fisi Wins Melbourne Gp

Giancarlo Fisichella stormed to victory in the Australian Grand Prix after starting from pole position. Rubens Barrichello finished second while Fernando Alonso carved his way up from thirteenth to finish third and crown a magnificent season opener for Renault.

Hats of to Fisi and a brillinat drive from Alonso.

I thought the whole race was boring as there was overtaking, no pitstop madness etc...

Does the rest of the group agree?

well done Fisi, 10 points for my ppp :lol: and full points in manager, but in all seriousness, he drove well and Renault did well. Alonso would have been 2nd if JV didn't hold him up, JV had a dire race, a dire weekend really and only qualified 4th thanks to the weather, pretty boring race, especially with the commentators here talking nonstop about MW, and I mean non stop, about 30 mins before the race most was just on him. He had a pretty steady race, but fell backwards, as he tends to do in most races.

The rules did nothing except slow the laps times by around 1.5 seconds, that's it. Fastest laps were set in the final handful of laps throwing out the tire theory.

It was a busy race, but that is attributed not to the rule changes, but the unique weather in qualifying one which essentially gave the field three different climatic conditions. Malaysia will be the race to see where the teams really stand. I have to believe if Rubens and Montoya were up front with Fisi it would have been a different race.

Not bad overall but i think there is a lot more to come as the cars evolve over the next few races and test sessions and that will be the talk of the season.

for a moment after the installation lap

i thought kimi was gone even before the race started

it would be stupid as they had said how good they were

this new car is just.....unspectacular

I didn't think it was boring but the TV coverage left a bit to be desired !

I guess the 2 day qualifying sorted out the grid in an "Unfamiliar way"

There WAS some good passing moves and a BAD one by M.S. closing the door on Heinfeld.

BAR were very very poor, but at least they'll have new engines for Malaysia as they decided to retire both cars.

I enjoyed the race, i just wish Coulthard hadn't got Webber at the first corner.

yeah was a tad boring, but alonso's charge was good to watch. couldn't believe webber let coulthard stroll through and then not trouble him at all. that was disappointing.

I really enjoyed the race. What a moment to see MS making a stupid movement before asking for help to the marshals :lol: I

Yes, JT usually has good starts but later, as the race go on he just disapear. Last year he said that it was renault

:( I didnt watch the race!

I was on girfriend

Was anyone supprise on RED BULLS pace i mean 4th and 7th on their debut and when it was Jaguar they were struggling to get 8th. I expected them to be quick but not actually as quick as they were i mean they was ahead of Williams thats an achievement in my books. GO KLIEN!!! :P

6.5/10 for excitement

8.5/10 for the result (no Michael Schumacher)

I thought that Coulthard, Fisi and Alonso all did very well. JV, JB, Michael Schumacher and in particular, Takuma Sato, were all very poor indeed. BAR had a lacklustre race and JB was quite frustrated in his post race interview with Louise, I bet he

if u think sato did poorly then jb shouldn't be excused. aside from getting caught out in the rain he did well in the race to make his way through the pack to reach button.

Exactly, Sato was right on Buttons arse after not long, so one can conclude Sato did better then the god himself, JB.

they both sucked. Before you all get on my back, I'll say it before you all do, so did JV.