Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Ferrari Ready To Strike Back

Shunting out of the season opener has given Michael Schumacher an 'extra

boost' ahead of the round two Malaysian GP.

''For sure,'' the Ferrari driver said after a short holiday with wife Corinna

and manager Willi Weber, ''zero points was not what I expected.''

But the world champion, 36, is adamant that the so-called 'old' F2004M car is

'still competitive.

''Actually, much more than I thought possible,'' Schumacher added.

''I have faith -- we were very consistent in Melbourne. We're ready.''

Was Ferrari very consistent in Melbourne? I thought Mclaren made a couple of mistakes and that cost them dearly and Rubens to finish second.

Infact, MS was holding Kimi for a quite a long time, I don't know what this guy is talking about....

Am I missing something here????????

The Renaults were apparently the revelation in Melbourne, FA was behind RB in Oz and he finished behind him. They both finished ahead of the Maclarens ahead of them. The ferrari was a modified car - I would say that is impressive given the fact that Maclaren & Renault have picked up their game!

Well the ferrari didnt have the pace io dont think, he may have finished ahead of FA but FA started beind him and was held up by jaques

well at least M.S. has a new engine thanks to his running Heindfeld off the track !!

Thats got to be a PLUS !!

I wonder if Ruben's engine will last the 2 races ???

Somehow I feel if M.S. and Rubens are close to scoring Podium and Rubens ahead he will have "Engine Problems" Mark my words !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M$ may not have a new engine for this race. If the team do bring the F2005 for Bahrain, then only Barrichello would get the new car as the old engine doesn't fit into the new car.

The Renaults were apparently the revelation in Melbourne, FA was behind RB in Oz and he finished behind him. They both finished ahead of the Maclarens ahead of them. The ferrari was a modified car - I would say that is impressive given the fact that Maclaren & Renault have picked up their game!

It is incredibly difficult to pass in Melbourne and it is by far a track that we can compare the relative strengths of the different cars. If Montoya had not made those two mistakes, then he would have definitely finished ahead of Rubens. Kimi was frustated being held up by MS and found it hard to pass whilst also remembering his tyres had to last the whole race. I am certain the gap between Mclaren/Renault and Ferrari are much bigger

It is incredibly difficult to pass in Melbourne and it is by far a track that we can compare the relative strengths of the different cars. If Montoya had not made those two mistakes, then he would have definitely finished ahead of Rubens. Kimi was frustated being held up by MS and found it hard to pass whilst also remembering his tyres had to last the whole race. I am certain the gap between Mclaren/Renault and Ferrari are much bigger

well at least M.S. has a new engine thanks to his running Heindfeld off the track !!

Thats got to be a PLUS !!

I wonder if Ruben's engine will last the 2 races ???

Somehow I feel if M.S. and Rubens are close to scoring Podium and Rubens ahead he will have "Engine Problems"  Mark my words !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The engine is not exactly spanking new - it's 15 laps shy of a full race distance. That coupled with the fact that MS's engine did not do the free pratice mileage in Oz means they will use his engine to do the long runs in free practice for their tyre selection. I am more worried about other non ferrari engines, reliability has been ferrari's key strength!

The engine is not exactly spanking new - it's 15 laps shy of a full race distance. That coupled with the fact that MS's engine did not do the free pratice mileage in

Good point Kasjoe!!! But on the up side, Most cars made the mileage without any trouble.That was pretty impressive i felt.

That was very impressive and encouraging too! I mean only one Minardi ritired - that is seriously good!!

That was very impressive and encouraging too! I mean only one Minardi ritired - that is seriously good!!

The real test will be the 2nd race. All teams have worked hard to cover over 2 race distances in testing

Well the ferrari didnt have the pace io dont think, he may have finished ahead of FA but FA started beind him and was held up by jaques

Ferrari is still in the hunt for race wins. Rubens

We have Renault out to prove they can stay ahead, Maclaren want to show their pace (and they have got some!) and Ferrari need to show they are the reigning champions. BAR have new engines, JV wants to forget his nightmare and Sato wants to prove he is serious. These are ingredients for a very potent race weekend - gentlemen, fasten your seat belts! :)

Lets hope this is the season that MS c##Ks up in every race. That little swerve on Heidfeld was not a move which the 'greatest ever' driver should make, it was stupid. I hope Ferrari rot in hell but I'm realistic

Lets hope this is the season that MS c##Ks up in every race. That little swerve on Heidfeld was not a move which the 'greatest ever' driver should make, it was stupid.

Quite so

indeed i'm very excited for this weekend's race! well i'm excited for every race so i hope it'll meet my expectations for once..

Yes, I hope we have a good Malaysian GP as well. Remember last year Sato qualified last after getting his braking wrong through Turn 12, and he then exited the road on the outside of Turn 13 and beached his BAR006 in the gravel, and he finished the race second to last, four laps down on Michael, when his engine blew up. This was after again leaving the track in favour of the gravel early on in the race.

so that was your highlight of the weekend I suppose??!! :lol: After JB's podium of course!