Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Is Kimi Jinxed

This guy seems to be having bad luck one after the other, his car stalled in the last race, and this time a punctured tire.

Are those anti kimi fans using woodoo and black magic to put a bad spell on this guy?

you sick b#####ds...

Yeah, but overall the MClarens havnt exactly been blisteringly quick have they! Not as fast as we were hoping.

over the moon though FA won malaysia, fully deserved!

yeah i really like kimi, his no nonesense approach is great. and like alonso he always pushes so hard and looks ready pounce it's great to watch. he's one of those guys that only has a top gear. i hope he has some better luck next time.

2003 season showed kimi had luck but still cudnt clinch championship due to lack of experience but now he has experience but no luck on the other hand montoya is producing a standard ouput and sometimes will also goto podium and if u see in the final he will be in say top 5...

hope mclaren solve even the tiniest small problems for these guys to get the fruit of a champion

He deffinatley has no luck this year. The Mclaren has nothing on the Reno's if you ask me....but its still a top 3 car out there and without all the problems they'd probly be 2nd in the WCC.

from what I saw Kimi drove very well until that tyre problem ! but the replays never actually showed what happend prior to the tyre defation. I suspect he ran wide, just my observation

Kimi blessed with luck? Will that ever happen? Kimi and luck never go together...!

Maclaren seem to be very unlucky, they have the second best car on the grid, but for the second race in a row have been unable to exploit it's potential. The tyre failure for KR was rather unfortunate - he would have made the podium battle very interesting - I think he might have pushed JT to a mistake and taken even 2nd slot. JPM did a credible job to finish 4th and he is steadily working away at his experience in the team. Kimi is unlucky and some of his unforced errors do not help him either - he has to settle down.

FA is proving to the doubters that he is at the moment a shoulder above the chasing pack for the World championship title. The Renault is very good on the tyres and the car is good on all circuits - they seem to have sorted out their reliability problems and they are going to be the team to beat.

Bridgestones have done another 2003 on Ferrari - the only difference this time is that the gap will be much harder to bridge as the numbers (Michelin testers) are heavily against them. But the F2005 should be able to keep Renault and Maclaren honest.

I was very impressed with Toyota, their reliability is up there (4 engines finished the two weekend mileage when you include the Jordans). With the right setup they are going to give a fight and they are now 2nd in the constructors standing.

BAR :mellow: , RBR :) .

JV is about to get a sack -he is struggling!

Does anybody exactly know what happened Kimi's tyre?? - Some say that after they reduced the pressure at the pitstop that the didnt close the valve properly or that they mifght have even left something on the valve?? - Is this true?? - If so I find iit hard to believe that a team as professional as McClaren could make a mistake as basic as this????

it just blew obv. The tyres were destroyed if u looked at FA's. I think the season will obly start to shape out mid season, we will see a return to normality, ut i doubt ferrari will win this year, i know they are still using f2004m but f2005 is still slower than renault cos is only 1 second quiker, renaults are 1.4 secs quicker. got a long season and exciting racing to come.

my opinons are that toyota and redbull will overtake sauber, sauber will be a lowly 8th, redbull and toyota fighting it out together with occasional bad races, but then some stunning ones. The Williams looks great now, renault are storming ahead, Mclaren are struggling with luck. BAR seems to have found pace but lost all sense of reliability. I think once each team has sorted out their issues there will be little to tell between them!

Don't know what happened but I'd like to know too. Perhaps in Sepang KR was unlucky (depending on the answer) but it was probably his own doing in Melbourne - he went off in qualifying and stalled at the start. Hope he can sort this out soon. The McLarens might be almost as quick as Renault its hard to tell but KR set a very quick lap time so I wouldn't despair yet. A battle between FA and KR would be one to enjoy.

Don't know what happened but I'd like to know too.  Perhaps in Sepang KR was unlucky (depending on the answer) but it was probably his own doing in Melbourne - he went off in qualifying and stalled at the start.  Hope he can sort this out soon.  The McLarens might be almost as quick as Renault its hard to tell but KR set a very quick lap time so I wouldn't despair yet.  A battle between FA and KR would be one to enjoy.

Yea I agree - out of all the drivers that have appeared on the grid over the lastr few years I feel that KR and FA are the two true Champions of the future. Have they ever really gone wheel to wheel?? - I cant remember

what happened to kimi was pretty scary but he managed to get back on track fighting for points with klien & schumy...for a minute i thought he was surely going to get ahead of klien but that klien...i'm starting to like him ALOT!

KR has no luck at all. I do agree with all of you, he and FA are the future of F1 and sure both will be WDC (i bet FA this year) . I can

kimster, I read that Kimi's tyre problem had something to do with the valve as you said, the guys at the pitstop adjusted the pressure and musnt've replaced it properly.

Don't know what happened but I'd like to know too.  Perhaps in Sepang KR was unlucky (depending on the answer) but it was probably his own doing in Melbourne - he went off in qualifying and stalled at the start.  Hope he can sort this out soon.  The McLarens might be almost as quick as Renault its hard to tell but KR set a very quick lap time so I wouldn't despair yet.  A battle between FA and KR would be one to enjoy.

indeed. another battle that i am looking forward to, but hasn't yet eventuated, is the jpm/kimi battle. nothing on that front yet.

hell we've seen more of webber/heidfeld than these two, which seems to be a surprising little battle in the making. both webber and heidfeld were very racey at sepang and i look forward to this one too.

this is starting off as a non-m$ year as he's been a disappointment thus far and complete non-event, along with juan.

Yeah do you think we might be watching the very start of a new era in F1? I agree that FA and KR will be at the top of it but at the moment I can't really see either of them dominating like MS or Fangio - it'll probably be more like Senna vs Prost vs Mansell etc. I've been really impressed with JT over the last couple of years or so as well as Jenson. To be honest I don't really see NH, MW, JPM right up there - I think they'll be the Barrichello's and Coulthard's of the future but maybe a bit more competitive (especially JPM). I think MS is changing: last year he was amazing when he had to be (but wasn't under too much pressure) but he looked very tired after winning the championship. Likewise this year he's been nothing special while the team's been going through a difficult patch. They will certainly improve and I'm sure he will too then but a few years ago surely he would have had more motivation to get every last point. So perhaps driver-wise with FA and KR coming of age a changing of the guard could be beginning already?