Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Will The New Ferrari Be Quick

Will F2005 be quick enough to win the championship  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will F2005 be quick enough to win the championship

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Rumors are that Ferrari may launch F2005 in BAhrain, and at the same time, it is also said that the problem is not with car but with the tires....

i think it is not a complete problem with tyres.even M$ has said in one of his interviews recently,that it is not the tyres but the package as a whole.

i hope the f2005 should be slower but may be if it turned other way around then M$ will be a taxi driver again.

seems mclaren is struggling in lots of areas which means like BAR gave a small fight to ferrari last year-this year Renault will only give some fight.

They said its roughly a second per lap faster, Michael was 1.4 off in qualy 1 in malaysia....

But i voted mabye kos you can never count them out.

hmm, i think its capable of winning the championship from what ive heard but not with such a margin AT ALL but i said yes as they can never be written out. but i think thios is gonna be renaults year

1.4 Seconds is not the margin between Ferrari and Renault - that is just Sepang differential. Melbourne they were much closer and I am sure in Europe they are not that far. Renault however have made some very serious strides and Briattore must be parting himself on his back for starting development for their charger early at the cost of better finishing last season.

Maclaren, Williams & Ferrari can all find extra pace to get closser to Renault - the good money is on Ferrari to do a better job than the other two. The spotlight is on Ferrari to perform because they have always set the bar so high, but we forget that there was very little to split Renault & Maclaren in the winter tests - but Renault as a team are funtioning better!

I completely agree Kiko. I think Ferrari obviously will be a force soon, but currently they are midfielders!!! Summin id never thought id say!

I hope that the F2005 will be as slow as the old car so the year will be a great success doesn't matter who win the important thing that it's not a red car!!

A non-ferrari supporting italian, summin id never thought id see. I went to rome last summer and nearly all the shops sold ferrari flags and stuff, u italians worship the reds!!!! Well obv not all of u! I must admit though italians as people are pretty damn amazing, wen i went there the peopel were soo friendly

:unsure: To those who don't think Ferrari won't step it up I pity thee. The way I understand it Rory has changed the suspension geometry to max out tire life, now if the tires hold up their end Ferrari will be back in the fight :D

:unsure: To those who don't think Ferrari won't step it up I pity thee. The way I understand it Rory has changed the suspension geometry to max out tire life, now if the tires hold up their end Ferrari will be back in the fight :D

Perhaps, but I wouldn

I hope the f2005 is a dud!! I also hope Ferrari waste a hell of a lot of money testing that dud. It would teach them a lesson. I use to be a fan of ferrari but not now. I don't think they realise how poorly they're behaving. I'm enjoying Ferrari's failures at the moment, it's worth the late nights and early mornings I've had to endurer throughout the years.

I remember reading in other forum, that in Speed TV, and on the day of the race, some of the commentators were making remarks about Michellin tires, and apparently how some of them doesn't have enough grooves (or something to that efect) and whether they confirm to the tire regulation etc...

I wonder if it is the media that is cooking up all these rumors or if scarlets and FIA are up to something (remember 2003)?

if Ferrari aren't leading any titles later in the year, expect their yearly "they've got something illegal on their car" appeal, similar to Monza '03. :lol:

But to answer the question, yes it will be quick, but as quick as Renault?? I'm not sure.

The Bridgestones lost their grooves too, Barrichello tyres had nothing at all :lol:

It might be early days yet. We are leting the adrenalin hamper our logic, it's just two races down and we are thinking Ferrari are already past it. Briatorre is glancing futively behind his back wondering when the red car will fill his mirrors. And he suspects (with reason) that it won't be long now!

Im not thinking Ferrari are gone at all, i said we can never discount them.

It might be early days yet. We are leting the adrenalin hamper our logic, it's just two races down and we are thinking Ferrari are already past it. Briatorre is glancing futively behind his back wondering when the red car will fill his mirrors. And he suspects (with reason) that it won't be long now!

You're in denial. Ferrari is in trouble and they are only now, slowly admitting it. Their new car is about 0.5 secs quicker and that doesn't even put them on podium contention. It seems Michelin have a huge edge over Bridgestone and how they're going to make up for that remains a mystery. There are no longer proud talks and arrogant remarks from any of them now. It seems they have learnt a hard lesson

Autosport says the new ferrari is between 0.5 - 1 second faster than old car. Thats not enough, Ferraris were about 3seconds off the pace during malaysia race. I'm completely surprised but at the same time loving it. They're the scum of the earth and I've been waiting for this for a long time!!

You're in denial. Ferrari is in trouble and they are only now, slowly admitting it. Their new car is about 0.5 secs quicker and that doesn't even put them on podium contention. It seems Michelin have a huge edge over Bridgestone and how they're going to make up for that remains a mystery. There are no longer proud talks and arrogant remarks from any of them now. It seems they have learnt a hard lesson

The presumtion is that bridgestone are unable to find .5 on the tyre! Ferrari are very slow - and that is a good thing. However when they overhaul Renault we all know what comments will follow - "they are cheating"! But they will win their share of races, much fewer than last year (but then again who wants a boring season!).

It will be fascinating to watch ferrari climb back up from this major slump. Ferrari haven't been this crap since I've been watching f1, which is about 8 years now. I personally hope schumacher keeps embarrassing himself

It's a new season, it's a new age, it's new rules and racing is fun again. Let's face it, rules have been changed for only one reason - to stop Ferrari's dominance, so it should surprise nobody that they are struggling. But they seem to adapt to the rules better than any team in the long run - that will face the ultimate test this season. If they win, I will be extremely impressed!!

They lost the first three races in 2003, had dog tyres the whole season and still managed both championships. They are in trouble now and I love Ferrari best when they are in trouble because then they can work and work they will. They are not allowed to gloat when they win, so it's better to have them winning while on the back pedal. I am loving every minute of this and looking forward to another Ferrari thrashing in Bahrain - only this time with a lesser margin!

If Maclaren & Williams can turn around a car during the season, so can Ferrari. The turning around should not come too soon however, because once they are in front we know the rest of the story!

The tide has turned. You can expect Ferrari and Bridgestone to be testing like hell to atleast make up for some of their agony but they are never going to catch the front runners