Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Bar Wait Till Imola For Pace

England's Jenson Button will have to wait until Imola for a faster BAR car, we can reveal. Although technical director Geoff Willis says he's found a fix for the 007's lack of pace, it probably won't be fitted until April's San Marino GP

"We believe we know what's wrong," said Willis, "and have found something to unlock the car's true potential."

hmm lets hope so, or JB will be off to williams with no problem whatsoever. I cant see how he will score 75% of the championships leaders points by august if he has to wiat 4 races for a good car. However i would like BAR to pull summin out the bag and that he has a car to match the others with, cos im a fan of bar and JB and i like seeing JB in a BAR and williams is having its own problems with bmw at the mo, they seem very argumentative!

JR. Assuming that Webber and Heidfeld do well in Williams, do you still think, they will want to disturb that lineup, and hire JB.

Jenson looked (rightly) disgusted in the Honda garage (thanks french TV) just after he retired and was laughing with disbelief at a japanese guy. I doubt Geoff Willis comment will cheer him up.....

really! LOL!!! Btw monty frank loves JB so he will prob get him somehow unforunantly!

JR, I'm not against JB moving to Williams. I was trying to look at it from a different perspective.

I think I know which part Willis is talking about, it's called the engine, you know, that thing at the back of the car that makes loud noises, and tends to go bang and catch fire most times (especially the one's with a Honda badge on them!) :lol:

lol thats so true nojvnof1, so so true. And monty im against jb moving to williams cos williams is not a great place to be at the mo, and BAR are (however not at the mo) ever improving! I have faith by the end of the season at least BAR will be back at the top end!

It seems obvious to me this is a ploy to make Jenson think that he will have a chance to do something good this season.

huh. I really dont think BAR want to loose JB at the mo because they see the potnetial in him, and i think they were shaken by his comments. They will pull their fingers outa their asses and produce a good car soon! they shud have points in bahrain, and imola im a little cautious over because it will be the 2nd engine! but they say they will be back in imola so lets hope so!

Whether they want to loose him or not, loose him they shall. If that was indeed prophetic, Ant would presumably get JB

hahahahahahahahahaha.

And btw in my previous post i meant to put the 2nd race with the same engine not the 2nd engine!

WOW BAR has put in a lot of laps today on testing. Looks like these guys really want to get things right from Bahrain....

Good. more competition means more excitment

you guys dont know what's going on!

You dont do any research... dont read anything....

Look last year with the bar 006 it might have been extremly fast, but the BAR camp didnt know why... and still dont.... the bar 007 is a big revolution of the 006... and they dont really know why its going slow... yes there giving the media reason why it is going slow... but they dont really understand.... the only people in the bar camp that know whats going on is HOnda... they atleast know where the problems lie and can fix it amediatly unlike the bar crew.....

You guys have to open your eyes and start doing your research... i'm starting to think you guys dont really know much f1....

yeh just saw the testing times, fantastic considering that the three cars closest to AD on the time sheet where running old spec cars!

yeh just saw the testing times, fantastic considering that the three cars closest to AD on the time sheet where running old spec cars!

Honda F1 you are right. Well spotted. So the timing is not so impressive after all...

like sato, the driver, said in the beginning of the year that 4 is an extremely bad and unlucky number in Japan, this might explain everything

dont you mean more impressive as the 2 bars has the new set up etc and the new regs, the others should technically have been quicker if they were old spec cars!

you guys dont know what's going on!

You dont do any research... dont read anything....

Look last year with the bar 006 it might have been extremly fast, but the BAR camp didnt know why... and still dont.... the bar 007 is a big revolution of the 006... and they dont really know why its going slow... yes there giving the media reason why it is going slow... but they dont really understand.... the only people in the bar camp that know whats going on is HOnda... they atleast know where the problems lie and can fix it amediatly unlike the bar crew.....

You guys have to open your eyes and start doing your research... i'm starting to think you guys dont really know much f1....

:lol:

Honda is not the solution it is the problem. It

huh. I really dont think BAR want to loose JB at the mo because they see the potnetial in him, and i think they were shaken by his comments. They will pull their fingers outa their asses and produce a good car soon! they shud have points in bahrain, and imola im a little cautious over because it will be the 2nd engine! but they say they will be back in imola so lets hope so!

Sure BAR don

Obviously diplomacy is not a part of JB's genetic make-up! How is crying to the media going to make the engines stop going bang :blink:

its not gonna stop them going bang is it, he was just really frustrated and obviously had high emotions at that point cos he was distressed understandably!

I like your way of thinking kiko, and i comnpletely agree the only other potential WDC;s I personnally feel are KR, FA and JB. JPm is also very close but I think 03 was the closest hes going to come to a WDC, thats my own opinion, it may be wrong but thats my view

It does amuse me when the Aussie following, with one noticeable exception, continue to praise Webber despite the fact he

pretty damn impressive, and im sure he will improve on that much much more!!!

Yeah I agree that trio are the future of F1. One interesting similarity between them is their pace in races. I don't think their records in qualifying are so impressive: JB and KR make a few mistakes there and Jarno is as quick as any of them in qualifying I think. If only he could match their race pace. Hopefully BAR can improve soon but I still am not convinced that they're amazingly slow because JB didn't seem to worried about that and he set a quick fastest lap in Aus. As for JB's outburst its difficult for us to say whether it was wise or not: he may have been telling them they need to improve in private for a while now. Putting pressure on companies/people is sometimes a good motivational strategy - it just depends on the situation and people concerned. Alternatively he may just have been angry and didn't think, in which case it was a bit stupid.