Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Injured Montoya Could Miss Bahrain

Juan Pablo Montoya may miss the Bahrain Grand Prix after injuring his shoulder during training.

The Colombian slipped and fell while playing tennis on Saturday.

McLaren told Autosport-Atlas that Montoya sustained a hairline fracture and some tissue damage on his left shoulder.

Test driver Pedro de la Rosa will be promoted to the McLaren race team for Bahrain if Montoya is not fit enough to drive.

Bad news for Montoya and McLaren.

This is latest is from BBC...

McLaren spokeswoman Ellen Kolby said: "Juan Pablo slipped and fell on his shoulder and has a hairline crack and a tiny bit of tissue damage.

"In the next couple of days he's going to undergo some further scans. The injury is very minor."

So it is not that bad after all.

The injury is minor..

Woow!! thats a good newz

I feel sorry for Pedro though, he must be praying for an opportunity to race again.

PS. Nice signature image there Silvermachine.

I actually hope that Pedro gets to race, he did set fast time once in Melbourne I think and he would do pretty good.

If Pedro does get the drive, he'll be hoping he has better luck than his testing counterpart from BAR, he'll want to do more than 3 laps! :lol:

a hairline fracture can't be good under the g-forces the drivers sustain. but if they say it's minor then that's good news. i'm looking forward to montoya bringing his a-game to a race this year so we can see some of that fire 'n ice hype.

Well, I would like to see that too but these daft new rules mean that drivers are scared to lock a brake or push their tyres too hard because they would loose adhesion. Subsequently, it means we get less overtaking than we otherwise would have. Further more; the diffuser is still causing the brunt of the problems

Well spanish media must be have more knowledge than every other media group in the world. As they said, we wont know till thursday

to be honest, montoya hasn't been that impressive so maybe a weekend off could do him some good. having said that i would much rather see montaoya in the race than de la rosa, the great spanish battle notwithstanding. no offence kiko. ;)

to be honest, montoya hasn't been that impressive so maybe a weekend off could do him some good.  having said that i would much rather see montaoya in the race than de la rosa, the great spanish battle notwithstanding.  no offence kiko. ;)

No worries mate!!!! I don