Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Will Pedro Shine?

What do you think? IMO so far test drivers getting a racing role so far haven't really done justice ( eg Gene. Davidson, Pizzonia)

Perhaps I'm wrong. can you guys think of any test drivers that have shone after stepping in to the race driver role?

B) I think Pedro will do ok as he has had a lot of miles in the car so it won't be like he's going in cold ;)

Yes but that was last last minute pretty much. Pedro will do ok i suppose, maybe in the low points?

What do you think? IMO so far test drivers getting a racing role so far haven't really done justice ( eg Gene. Davidson, Pizzonia)

Perhaps I'm wrong. can you guys think of any test drivers that have shone after stepping in to the race driver role?

takuma sato did exceptionally well and picked up 3 points when he was called up for teh final race of the year at suzuka 2003, which helped the team secure 5th place in world championship.

this is the perfect example, and one that should be the benchmark example of a test driver stepping in under intense pressure to perfom, and delivering the goods. imo

i don't rate pedro's chances too highly as it's been so long since he raced. he never impressed me in his previous drives, but i also can't really recall his driving style, eg smooth, smart, aggressive etc, which will have a big influence on how he does at bahrain.

takuma sato did exceptionally well and picked up 3 points when he was called up for teh final race of the year at suzuka 2003, which helped the team secure 5th place in world championship.

this is the perfect example, and one that should be the benchmark example of a test driver stepping in under intense pressure to perfom, and delivering the goods.    imo

Spot on, but you know you've started it now....

I think Pedro will go ok, i don't think he'll quite be matching Kimi, but i think he can score some points, he's not a bad driver IMO.

Spot on, but you know you've started it now....

I think Pedro will go ok, i don't think he'll quite be matching Kimi, but i think he can score some points, he's not a bad driver IMO.

I'm hoping he shines and do me proud

Q:Will Pedro shine?

A:No.

well it wasn't the only question..

he did also ask if there are any test drivers that have stepped in successfully.

Q. Will Pedro shine?

A. Not so much as shine, but I think he could have a good race if he could be able to stay at the track.

have a good day

Pedro will have alot of his potential for this race appear as the practice sessions are unfolding ....should BARF1 and Ferrari suddenly get their cars to perform way better than what we have seen so far he will left struggling with the likes of Klein and D.C..

Sauber might even sqeek a car past him should Pedro faulter in final qualifing.

Pedro is not having it easy for being in a good car because there is alot of other considerations he will have to face for the first time.

He could even crash out before the race by not allowing himself to be tempered in his exuberance to perform.