Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Button: We Can Put Pressure On Renault

BAR-Honda team leader, Jenson Button has predicted that they could be up there with McLaren and Williams this weekend in Bahrain - and potentially putting pressure on Renault, providing the 007 is reliable.

The Englishman though admitted that maybe he was a bit overly critical following the Malaysian Grand Prix two weeks ago, when both he and team-mate, Anthony Davidson retired on the second lap with smoke pouring from the back of their cars.

"When you look at it now, then maybe I shouldn't have been as outspoken as I was," he confirmed.

"But I was - and still am - angry and frustrated about what happened, because the car felt so quick on the day and we should have been on the podium. But I think my comments were taken in the right way by the team, who understood how frustrated I was and how much I want us all to do a good job.

"I've always been quite outspoken within the team about what I need as a driver, and the team always responds to that. But this time, as the senior driver, I felt I needed to be even more assertive.

"But Honda has been very supportive about what I said and know why I said it, and I have every faith in them to bounce back from this because they are normally very successful in problem-solving."

"I am sure we have sorted out these problems with the new car and in Bahrain you will see our true potential," he added. "If we have reliability and have a good start this weekend, we should be up there with McLaren and Williams and putting the pressure on Renault.

"But it is imperative we show some form, because if we get back to Europe and the Imola race and we still haven't scored any points, we could face a long hard season..."

apparently it wasn't a pure reliabilty problem. it was a solution to the friday oil leak used on both the car's engines that was the problem. they sure won't be using that solution again!

but yes, if the engine doesn't make it to the end of the 3rd lap then it can't be called reliable....

So far, in winter testing and this season, they have shown to have reliability issues. What I find so funny is, before each race they say they have things sorted out but shortly afterwards, they prove us all wrong. If they do detune the engine to last 2 races, I can bet that they will be slow. But I hope they prove me wrong and give us all a big shock!!!

Big reliability issues!

Button never learns on these comments, i guess he got one thing right, he has been challenging schumacher! :lol:

I hope BAR raises to the challenge and shows its pace, and hopefully it is not another Jensons bold statements.

Button never learns on these comments, i guess he got one thing right, he has been challenging schumacher! :lol:

In fact JB can Challenge Shumacher now, they could bet for the best medium table finish, or maybe to see who could finish the race! :D

I hope BAR raises to the challenge and shows its pace, and hopefully it is not another Jensons bold statements.

What Jenson said was neither bold nor outrageous. He just expressed disappointment with Honda

What Jenson said was neither bold nor outrageous.  He just expressed disappointment with Honda

I was being generous to Honda and their fans! I agree Honda engine reliability is disgraceful.

disgraceful at best!

I think JB could put the car onto the podium so long as the engine dosnt decide to break like usual! It has shown pace its just getting it out of the car!!! Lets hope he has a great race!

I think JB is determined to move to williams next season.for that even honda engines are helping him.even if they are relaible and fix all their problems JB will push it hard to make sure he either win or his engine shud blow out naturally will end him up with williams.

point noted JB.

as far as Sato i think he lacks luck like kimi in most of the races.

how abt that.

:lol: so funny, cos it's so true.

BAR are setting there standards to high, all they talked about in 2004 wass beating ferrari and now its renult? they got to lower there standards, work on engine reliably and stop worrying about what other teams are doing all the time.

BAR are setting there standards to high, all they talked about in 2004 wass beating ferrari and now its renult? they got to lower there standards, work on engine reliably and stop worrying about what other teams are doing all the time.

Engine reliability is Honda