Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Trulli & Alonso

I agree jenson_rules, Ralf is crap, end of, as you say!! :lol: JT destroyed Ralf all weekend, all season so far really!

there is a difference between beating and destroying my friend!

Very true but I meant surpassed in terms of talent and ability.  DH and JV had pretty big advantages when they beat him and he was out of action in '99 (but put in some impressive performances when he returned).  If any '98 was perhaps the one that got away.  I would still say the McLaren was better over the whole season and MS/Ferrari also blew it in Suzuka (do we know whose fault that was yet?).  MH is the only one to get close in terms of talent but I think this year FA could actually become better.

I agree that Damon and Jacques were clearly in the best cars when they won their world titles but I think Michael is not as good as he used to be in the early to mid 1990s. He is not pulverising Rubens as Senna would have done and errors are creeping into his game that wouldn

I can think of one which was just as bad if not worse by JV, the US GP of 2001. He was absolute rubbish all weekend and was even outqualified by Alonso in the Minardi. Both Michael and Jacques have had rubbish performances, in their career.

All drivers have had rubbish races, even MS. A lot of you are suddenly heaping praise on these drivers just because they're suddenly in decent cars (FA & JT). Don't forget that half the drivers on the grid could have done what FA has done this year. He's been lucky in both races that Fisichella has had misfortune. It would also be unfair to say that Ralf is 'crap', anyone remember his dominant wins in summer 2003 (& malaysia 02)? I admit Trulli is a good driver, but its only now that he's in a decent car that u lot suddenly think he's great and in the 'top 4'!! I rate Kimi highly but De la Rosa outqualified him. Lets also not forget that FA was rarely ahead of JT this time last year, so I'm still unconvinced about Alonso he's had it way too easy so far this year

All drivers have had rubbish races, even MS. A lot of you are suddenly heaping praise on these drivers just because they're suddenly in decent cars (FA & JT). Don't forget that half the drivers on the grid could have done what FA has done this year. He's been lucky in both races that Fisichella has had misfortune. It would also be unfair to say that Ralf is 'crap', anyone remember his dominant wins in summer 2003 (& malaysia 02)? I admit Trulli is a good driver, but its only now that he's in a decent car that u lot suddenly think he's great and in the 'top 4'!! I rate Kimi highly but De la Rosa outqualified him. Lets also not forget that FA was rarely ahead of JT this time last year, so I'm still unconvinced about Alonso he's had it way too easy so far this year

You have a double standard and we all know... So, when last year FA was driving a very poor car you didn

Indeed, team-mate comparison is an invaluable tool for discussions like this as it makes the cars superfluous. Ralf cannot be hailed as a great driver just because of his wins in 2003 when we consider his record against his team-mates. Ignore to a degree Zanardi who couldn