Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

1979 French Grand Prix-gilles Vs Arnoux

Esplendid race!

Maybe this year we could se some Ferrari-Renault fight like this one!

recomended, watch it!

yes that was one of the most mind blowing clips i've ever seen of f1 racing. the guys were driving like they were on rails, and it almost looks choreographed! simply amazing stuff

now that is what clean, hard racing is all about. I've seen the clip many times so I won't download it, but I assure those who haven't seen it that they're missing out. Gilles at his finest!!

I have heard so much about Gilles, but have never seen any of his racing clips. But this one was amazing, getting his inferior Ferrari to beat the Renault. Superb....

As taku said, it looks choreographed, and the battle was intensive. Wish we had more like this in this season.

definitely. if you haven't seen this clip then go and d/l it now! the first time i saw that i was gob-smacked, truly gobsmacked. similar to the first time i saw senna at donington. i feel like we've all missed out on such a great era...

I started watching F1 that season, so I have a lot of seasons behind me isnt it?

That was very gutsy driving - can anyone give us that kind of wheel to wheel from the current crop of drivers? I doubt - no even MS can deliver that type of driving now! They should just bring back sleecks and wider rear tyres and let the boys get on with it. No more traction control nonsense. If they really want safety the should invest in larger run-off areas like Bahrain so that is a driver goes off it's not fatal!

I have a feeling it would happen again but don't know when but if it happened this year it would probaly be between Montoya and Alonso or Raikkonen and Alonso.